New Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhiteGial said:
I'm no Belizean woman, but being a woman, I do know a few universally true things... First, a Belizean man doesn't change JUST because he met a white woman... honey, plenty of white, brown, asian, latina women all over the world are beat, cheated on, etc.

My man didn't change because I'm white, either... He changed because I said "no wedding" and "no picne" ...and "no nothing" til your **** is 100% to-ge-ther -- and if other women don't EXPECT this from their men, then you get what you get... if a woman is going to go on to marry and have BABIES with a man who does not love AND respect her, then I don't give a damn what race you are or where you come from... Expect more and you get more. Period.

I'm sorry that SOME [not ALL] Belizean men don't treat their women right... "we all come from a woman" -- no doubt... and I also agree that Black women [in particular] face some of the most difficult prejudices and challenges of all women and men combined on this planet-- but that does not mean one has to accept less than what they are -- A QUEEN

Amen to that last paragraph WG, I think I might welcome you after all!:D

mtb

David 13 said:
And who do you blame for this shortage of good Belizean men.
There mothers that raise them, the Belizean women that let them walk all over them, or homosexuality?

well we homos want some good men too, sorry to say that the belizean gay crowd is slim pickins........

Re: Double Standards....

WhiteGial said:
Let me tell you something I think is quite a funny double standard...

If a white gial "takes" a man from Belize, all the gials vex up.... but let me tell you something, I could give less of a madarass if a Belizean gial comes over and "takes" a dorky all-American boy-- go for it!

I've taken a lot of smack in my life for "taking" a good Belizean man... that is some BULLSHIT... and I get judged all the time for it! When we go out in public and walk by a sistah in the US, i get the "you stole one from our community" look--haha-- and I think to myself "he's not even from here!" and when a brother walks by he nods his head in accepting approval :D

Too many judgmental people in the world...my gawd... Does it really matter who we fall in love with? I come from a mixed family-- we musta jook nations pon nations! ... Mexican, Australian, Polish, Israeli, Lithuanian-- it is a very long list...

Again, I feel sorry for both snow bunnies and poor ras belizean guys who are out to find one... just ignorance... brings the men further down, breaks up belizean families, AND passes around a lot of STDS! haha --

i also forgot to mention, my man no got no picne! :D :D :D --or another wife or sweetheart, for that matter :D :D :D

Again, nothing you can say that's going to offend me... i see how it is in belize, i've got criticism from all races and all people, in the US and Belize, but I've also gotten a lot of support over the years.

Well, I don't feel like getting involved in this discussion because it hits a little to close to home for me. But I would not swear for ANY man as far as whether he has someone else or will get someone else and just because a man has children doesn't mean that he's horrible.

Re: mtb

menoh said:
well we homos want some good men too, sorry to say that the belizean gay crowd is slim pickins........

:D :D if some of them would get out of the closet, you may have more to choose from!

You certainly is a nice looking woman and you handle yourself very well...
i've seen betta lookin ones:smoke ....BTW cayo bwai look like ih still got milk eena ih teeth!..........look like white gial rob di cradle:drive

David 13 said:
Do you Blizean ladies think that foriegn women are better for the good Belizean men? And they are finding this out slowly?

And who do you blame for this shortage of good Belizean men.
There mothers that raise them, the Belizean women that let them walk all over them, or homosexuality?

please, I'm not belizean born but I'm damn sure that's not true. There is a lack of respect and valuing your own.
One of the problems is probably that a lot of Belizean women I know, will not let any man walk over them, they know the game already and call they as5es on it.

bemetu said:
i've seen betta lookin ones:smoke ....BTW cayo bwai look like ih still got milk eena ih teeth!..........look like white gial rob di cradle:drive

There are plenty of nicer looking women out there than me, for sure... but one thing is certain, I've never been a cradle robber :b -- my husband is 4 yrs older than me.

sikko said:
bzean women have always been about thier men..ask these guys about thier mothers....wash cook sex watever for thier men.

So I must ask... why do so much for a man that doesn't love or respect belize women? Let me remind people out there that American women didn't always have "good" American men-- American women could not hold jobs, were not able to vote, etc. etc. etc.

The problem with Belize is that there is still a HUGE power imbalance between Men and Women, where many women are dependent on their man for a source of income, which gives them little options on who they can choose and even LESS options once they've chosen and the man screws up.... it's hard in Belize, with several picne and little education, to leave a man even if he is beating you-- i have seen this happen many times and have girlfriends in Belize who still stay in bad situations, they claim for their babies.

I doubt men are going to miraculously change and be respectful. Women have to make the sacrafices, because we are strong as hell....maybe the sacrafice means not marrying a Belizean man for the sake of marrying a Belizean man... I myself married out of my culture AND religion-- and for the record, it was NOT easy... it would have been far "easier" to marry a Jewish American, because immigration put us through the ringer... but I married who I loved.

I am thankful for the many women who have sacraficed their lives worldwide to give me the right to not have to put up with a guy's bullshit because I have no options. I am free to work, get an education, and choose a man who deserves me. Think about how difficult it must be to find a good man in Iraq! Just sayin...

bemetu said:
well yu know white pipple look old from dem deh eena deh 20's yunno!

Sad but true.... and we get old and wrinkly, specially the white gials livin in Belize!!! that tan only looks good for so long... never said I wasn't jealous as hell...

maybe some of these belizean men treat foreign women better when they get their is because they're looking to have a good time and the money. they have that mentality that if your coming from the states or europe that you have plenty of money to spare. i see it all the time and they follow you around like fly fan cow batty.

WhiteGial said:
So I must ask... why do so much for a man that doesn't love or respect belize women? Let me remind people out there that American women didn't always have "good" American men-- American women could not hold jobs, were not able to vote, etc. etc. etc.

The problem with Belize is that there is still a HUGE power imbalance between Men and Women, where many women are dependent on their man for a source of income, which gives them little options on who they can choose and even LESS options once they've chosen and the man screws up.... it's hard in Belize, with several picne and little education, to leave a man even if he is beating you-- i have seen this happen many times and have girlfriends in Belize who still stay in bad situations, they claim for their babies.

I doubt men are going to miraculously change and be respectful. Women have to make the sacrafices, because we are strong as hell....maybe the sacrafice means not marrying a Belizean man for the sake of marrying a Belizean man... I myself married out of my culture AND religion-- and for the record, it was NOT easy... it would have been far "easier" to marry a Jewish American, because immigration put us through the ringer... but I married who I loved.

I am thankful for the many women who have sacraficed their lives worldwide to give me the right to not have to put up with a guy's bullshit because I have no options. I am free to work, get an education, and choose a man who deserves me. Think about how difficult it must be to find a good man in Iraq! Just sayin...

it's not that simple, but lucky for those that are born in America, you can travel the world and find your soulmate. In belize deciding that you're not going to marry a belizean or have children with one is not that simple. Nobody is going to live like a nun waiting for that non Belizean to come around.
There is a lack of resources, cultural differences that can be attributed to the problems, but to me it just boils down to perception. Sometimes a belizean woman is not perceived as valued, exotic as the foreigner that can give them the option of a different lifestyle.

Dream Babes said:
Uh? Den deh still exist? I mih tink Raul's Garden of Rose bud all dem tillies...oops Lilies?

i was just asking if you guys thought they're was a difference....i was little but from the stories that i've heard in my family san ignacio was the place to find local girls back then....blue angels and central farm.

cayogial21 said:
maybe some of these belizean men treat foreign women better when they get their is because they're looking to have a good time and the money. they have that mentality that if your coming from the states or europe that you have plenty of money to spare. i see it all the time and they follow you around like fly fan cow batty.

That's probably true... but if my husband was expecting bells and whistles in the states, that's far from reality... that first place we lived in was a single room on the 3rd floor in the city, no backyard, dishwasher, washer/dryer -- still don't have those things, and still renting an apartment but quite happy... i think people derive these ideas that we're all rich over here and that we don't have to work, by the people they see on TV. Yes, we have to work in America and HARD. When we moved back here I worked 60 hours a week -- oh, and no vacation time -- to support both of us because my husband did not have his work permit yet. Now both of us continue to work long hours with little vacation, but we're willing to make the sacrafice to get what we want. I'm glad my parents didn't have the money to give me everything in life and turn me into another spoiled American brat!

Uhmmmm.....I think Empress's responses are well on target....I need not say anything else......I'll sit back and watch....Thanks Empress!! :D :D

You're not doing too bad at all Cayogial...Way to go Strong Sisters!!! :D :D:cheerlead :cheerlead

WhiteGial said:
That's probably true... but if my husband was expecting bells and whistles in the states, that's far from reality... that first place we lived in was a single room on the 3rd floor in the city, no backyard, dishwasher, washer/dryer -- still don't have those things, and still renting an apartment but quite happy... i think people derive these ideas that we're all rich over here and that we don't have to work, by the people they see on TV. Yes, we have to work in America and HARD. When we moved back here I worked 60 hours a week -- oh, and no vacation time -- to support both of us because my husband did not have his work permit yet. Now both of us continue to work long hours with little vacation, but we're willing to make the sacrafice to get what we want. I'm glad my parents didn't have the money to give me everything in life and turn me into another spoiled American brat!

i completely agree with you it's the life that they see on tv that they want or assume that we lead over here....but i know that some of them think that when women go traveling down to belize they're there to just have a good time and do crazy things.

btw WG you don't have to defend whats already yours....if people want to talk let them talk cause that's about all they can do.

Dream Babes said:
Uhmmmm.....I think Empress's responses are well on target....I need not say anything else......I'll sit back and watch....Thanks Empress!! :D :D

You're not doing too bad at all Cayogial...Way to go Strong Sisters!!! :D :D:cheerlead :cheerlead
DITTO:beerchug

yu betta say whats on your mind...dah dis sit back and watch mentality di cause deh white gial fi come snatch up wi belizean man!:D

one of my problems with belizean women is the way they treat they men in there family. they treat them damn good...too good as a matter of fact. they iron they're clothes down to they're draws, cook, clean, scrub floors, and serve them the food before anybody else...he gets to eat first. some of these men will go out and spend they're entire pay or a big part of they're pay at bars and then worry about the mouths they have to feed. how can a woman tolerate all this from a man?

anywehs deh gold digga wan dem weh come out ya wah get stitch cuz you best believe deh wah deh eat one minute rice and hot pockets fih dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back