Help!!!!!!!

D

Dj_RedEye

On my radio show tonight i was tell my west indian listeners that Dean Barrow is the first black Prime Minister for Belize....

Was i correct...cause the other west indian djs from my station are bigging up belize and its first black prime minister....mind you i voted Blue:D :D :D :D I'm not one sided duh....so i was bigging him up...am i correct

You do need help. what kinda dj go around making statements over air that they are not sure of?

:beerchug

it depends. If you accept the old racist definition of "black" which implies that anyone who is not white is black, then you are wrong. That is because all the other PM in Belize appear to be hispanic.

If you define black to be of afro decent then maybe you are right. I dont know for a fact that none of the past PM had afro ancesters.

By the way, if you really want to share some relevant info with other djs and your listeners, point out to them that this issue of having a first black PM is more an issue for Belizean americans whose perspectives on life have been inevitably seasoned and warped by America where everything starts and ends with race and color.

I dont think most belizeans in Belize define Barrow by his color first like Belams seems too willing to do.

:smoke

boco

i dont think we should make it a race issue at all!!!..

Belizeans are made up of many races...no matter who is there, they should represent all of us.....

I just see him as Dean Barrow and hope for the best.

In my opinion, it is a wonderful step...but should remain off the airwaves....to different people it promotes different things..

Dj_RedEye said:
On my radio show tonight i was tell my west indian listeners that Dean Barrow is the first black Prime Minister for Belize....

Was i correct...cause the other west indian djs from my station are bigging up belize and its first black prime minister....mind you i voted Blue:D :D :D :D I'm not one sided duh....so i was bigging him up...am i correct

The answer to your question is, yes, he is.

ro2dawn said:
The answer to your question is, yes, he is.

Thank You.....Jezzzzz and its ah simple question and i'm getting all these term and stuff.

If he was white i would ask if he's the first white minister...just ah simple question.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanx Ro2

Thank You.....Jezzzzz and its ah simple question and i'm getting all these term and stuff.
bobojeck dah di long winded one........i wonda if he could talk a female drawze off:D

cookiegirl said:

Belizeans are made up of many races...no matter who is there, they should represent all of us.....

I just see him as Dean Barrow and hope for the best.

In my opinion, it is a wonderful step...but should remain off the airwaves....to different people it promotes different things..

I agree with you and I hope Belize never gets to a point where everything is B&W first and foremost.

I see Dean as an intelligent person and I am excited that he is in charge of the country. He could be blue for all i care.

Its very unfortunate that the first thing many people will hear about Dean is that he is the first black Belize PM. Thats the first thing they hear. I am not saying its totally irrellevant but is that the first thing that should be said?? Considering his ideas, intelligence and vision its actually very insulting to mention his color first.

Anyway, I am sure there is an audience that like to keep things "simple" like DJ said so he is just filling that demand with "simple" answers.

No disrespect to you or your radio station.

boco

bemetu said:
bobojeck dah di long winded one........i wonda if he could talk a female drawze off:D

Well you could da mi ansa him too and given him the "simple" ansa he was looking for.

boco

...amandala did touch on this topic last week...

OF COURSE he would...hahaha...him seh, onli in belize wd the previous PMs be considered white...LOL...

You did good Reds....There is nothing wrong with what you said.....it is wonderful that a black man was elected....and it shows, that maybe people are not going to be color blind anymore and will the elect the proper person, no matter what his color.....

cookiegirl said:

I agree. :beerchug

On a different note, that's a pretty pic of you in the avatar,Cookiegirl. I know you have more pretty pics with your hair down; can you make a brother's day by posting a few. i would love you forever. :heart :heart :heart

bocojeck said:

By the way, if you really want to share some relevant info with other djs and your listeners, point out to them that this issue of having a first black PM is more an issue for Belizean americans whose perspectives on life have been inevitably seasoned and warped by America where everything starts and ends with race and color.

I disagree. with the above statement. But I do agree that having Barrow as PM ain't no milestone to be celebrated. After all, a black Belizean could have been PM a long time ago if the Belizean pipple had so desired it to be so.

It has always been " Ain't no stopping Us Now" whether it be Mayan,Garifuna or Creole. The more I think about it, the more I feel it's an insult to all I cherish as a Belizean. . :peace

Re: Zee.... in all honesty!

mellowman said:
Reply: As we all remember if it was left to you and others just like yourself,- the PUP would be voted back in power and you would be acting like Eddie Zeferino cloudino coleman... Talking about insult? lets get real Zee panya!

Mellowman, stop speaking out of your ***.

Answer me this if you are bold enough to do so. What makes you think i would have voted in PUP?

Re: Re: Re: Zee.... in all honesty!

mellowman said:
Reply: You have earlier stated that you did not trust Dean Barrow or the UDP ... Now, are you saying that you would have voted UDP???? Let us know whats on your mind now- forget what you thought prior to the Belizean ridding themselves of the PUP crooks... Whats your new opinion ZEEEE???

I never said that. On the contrary,I like Dean. i do believe that his greatest challenge will be the people that make up the UDP government and how to keep them on the srtaight and narrow.

Back