GENERAL ELECTIONS 2008 RESULTS - UDP FORMS NEXT BZE GOV'T

[size=large]MAP OF CONSTITUENCIES[/size]

map_electoral2005.gif

legend_map_electoral2005.gif

mercury

Thanks Mercury for that invaluable contribution to Belizean Democracy.

Re: mercury

rockview said:
Thanks Mercury for that invaluable contribution to Belizean Democracy.

You're welcome :beerchug

As per usual, it's my pleasure :peace

[size=large]San Pedro Drenched in Blue & Red[/size]

Photos courtesy pedro2

IMG_0880sm2.jpg

IMG_0986sm2.jpg

Please note that the very first post in this thread has been edited and will now be the 'Belize General Elections 2008 Leader Board'. As information starts coming in when the counting begins, I will update the leader board to reflect who's leading, etc., until we find out who the Area Representatives of all 31 Constituencies are.

:beerchug

promising

This board promises to be the most comprehensive electoral coverage on the Belizean Net. We will all be checking in to this board on a regular basis.

The Empress said:
When Said Musa came down the road to enter the church, people just looked and a few people went to shake his hand. A few minutes later with musician Aurelio Martinez came down the road.......a lot of people cheered, clapped and went to meet him:D

I am disappointed in you The Empress. I was expecting you to stick crooked Musa inna his jaw with wan right hand

:box

boco

Re: Vicious elections in Belize

ro2dawn said:
Did you hear about the millions of dollars that the son left his father? Where did a 30 something get all that money? That's the question Belizeans are asking.

Dont forget to add that he was an unemployed 30 year old.

I think everyone knows where the money came from.

but until belizeans learn from their mistakes, they will always be taken advantaged of.

boco

bocojeck said:
I am disappointed in you The Empress. I was expecting you to stick crooked Musa inna his jaw with wan right hand

:box

boco

:D :D I wasn't going to go out in that rain, I was sitting comfortably under the tent:D

Turnout appears to be kinda low, according to Love FM. at least when you consider we had 70-plus% voting last time.

I don't blame Belizeans for being sick of both major parties.

But sitting out the election means you forfeit your one say on who wins. if pipple so much hate PUP, you'd think they'd be lining up.

or maybe they're mad Mitt Romney and Barak Obama aren't on their ballot.:D :D

Dean di seh dat UDPs came out to vote and PUPs stayed home. :D :D

Hmm... voter turnout has indeed been quite disappointing. I had an interesting day, to say the least. When I went to my Polling Station in Caribbean Shores... it was virtually empty. No lines. Heard same thing here in the one Polling Station in San Pedro. Caye Caulker was at 75% last I heard. I can't believe I left sunny SP to go vote in rainy BZ (after waiting for like 5 yrs at the airport in SP). Can you say grrrr?

Anyhoo, I iz home now and will be tuned in to all available media and will update the initial post as I get confirmed info.

from Belize-Elections.org

turnout is only about 60%

Attachments

• voter_turnout_pie.gif.png
    voter_turnout_pie.gif.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 185
Lowest turnout appears to be in Ralph's division, Bze Rural Central, 44%.

Highest, is OW North, 78%.

Seems that they are blaming rain for bad turnout, especially in the Rural Constituencies.

i was looking at the elections website and in my people's area, Czl SE, there's really low turnout.

Progresso and Caledonia have 32% turnout. it may be that some of the fishermen are out to sea, but not even rain can explain the low turnout.
these are small villages, not hard to walk from one end to the other.

Sarteneja has big turnout, probably because they have strong UDP and PUP organizations there.

u know I believe it has more to do with PUPs not voting......lets hope anyway!

Back