Belize's Cabinet

M

mahogany sister

It is my hope that the Cabinet of Belize truly represents the Country of Belize and every district have a member represented in the Cabinet.....I hope the City ministers are not the ones dominating the Cabinet...the country of Belize have been washed over with a red tide and every one wants a voice....but I am so confident that the new PM will find a way!

One thing the new government must be cognizant of is the reality is that we know is that PUP is like the devils workshop and idleness will open mass opportunity to unleash the propaganda machinery and they know how to twist and turn the truth, so UDP must put forth a machinery to offset this. I know they They should anticipate it and while they try desperately to hide the millions of dollars stolen from tax payers.

sorry for the messed up ending all you English critics :D

I was saying one think I know for the time being they will be busy trying to hide the millions of tax payers money stolen from the country and the citizens........

A couple positions have already be declared with the rest coming tomorrow. As of right now:

Carlos Perdomo- Minister of Home Affairs and Police

Deputy Prime Minister Gaspar Vega- Minister of Lands and Natural Resources

Patrick Faber- Minister of Education

mahogany sister said:
It is my hope that the Cabinet of Belize truly represents the Country of Belize and every district have a member represented in the Cabinet.....I hope the City ministers are not the ones dominating the Cabinet...the country of Belize have been washed over with a red tide and every one wants a voice....but I am so confident that the new PM will find a way!

One thing the new government must be cognizant of is the reality is that we know is that PUP is like the devils workshop and idleness will open mass opportunity to unleash the propaganda machinery and they know how to twist and turn the truth, so UDP must put forth a machinery to offset this. I know they They should anticipate it and while they try desperately to hide the millions of dollars stolen from tax payers.

i agree with you..representation is needed from all districts. Its been a few days and already the radio waves were sounding with complaints about bounce checks from the goverment. Seems the money is all but dried up.....and seems a lot were issued promised dollars before election.

I still have faith that these guys can get the ball rolling and keep it that way..

New UDP Cabinet announced...........

Here are some:

Dean Barrow - PM and Minister of Finance

Gaspar Vega - Deputy PM and Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment

Erwin Contreras - Economic Development, Commerce, Industry and Consumer Protection

Rene Montero - Agriculture and Fisheries

More.......

John Saldivar - Public Service, Elections and Boundaries and Governance

Patrick Faber - Education

Anthony Boots Martine - Works

Michael Finnegan - Housing and Urban Development

Manuel Heredia - Tourism and Civil Aviation

Wilfred Sedi Elrington - Attorney General and Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade

more......

Melvin Hulse - Public Utilities, NEMO and Transport

Eden Martinez - Human Development and Human Transformation

Marcel Cardona - Youth, Sports and Culture

Gabriel Martinez - Labour, Local Government and Rural Dev.

Carlos Perdomo - National Security

Pablo Marin - Health

MINISTER OF STATE (DEPUTY):

Michael Hutchinson - Labour, Local Government and Rural Dev.

Elvin Penner - Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment

Edmund Castro - Works

Arthur Roches - Health

Juan Coy - Human Development and Social Transformation

Hmmm... I am concerned that Salvador Fernandez as a Senior Member of the UDP and former Minister was not given a portfolio, BUT.........lets see........

I also notice that all elected reps in the city were assigned full ministerial duties.....just some concerns.......

Some other announcements:

Cabinet Secretary - James Murphy

CEO Office of PM - AUdrey Wallace
CEO Natural Resources - David Gibson
CEO Economic Development - Shermain Hyde
CEO Public Service - Charles Gibson
Financial Secretary - Joseph Waight
CEO Ministry of Works - Cadet Henderson
CEO Education - David Leacock
CEO Ministry of Labour - Marian McNab
CEO Health - Peter Allen

Consultant, Ministry of Finance - Carla Barnett
Senior Adviser with Ministerial Rank - Dr. Manuel Esquivel

Some Senators:

Douglas Singh
Juliet Thimbrel
Deborah Mcmillian
Pulcheria Teul

Speaker of the House - Emil Arguelles

Dream Babes said:
Hmmm... I am concerned that Salvador Fernandez as a Senior Member of the UDP and former Minister was not given a portfolio, BUT.........lets see........

I also notice that all elected reps in the city were assigned full ministerial duties.....just some concerns.......

As much as I like Salva, he's a bit of a loose cannon and I'm sure Mr. Barrow took that into consideration. Remember that trouble he and Dito Juan got into some time ago? The UDP doesn't need that right now. I think Mr. Barrow made excellent choices.

madarass said:
As much as I like Salva, he's a bit of a loose cannon and I'm sure Mr. Barrow took that into consideration. Remember that trouble he and Dito Juan got into some time ago? The UDP doesn't need that right now. I think Mr. Barrow made excellent choices.
True...its the fact that he is a "loose cannon" that worries me, cause up until yesterday, he was dead-set that he would get a Ministry and now this announcement kinda have me worrried that he would make a "Big" thing out of it...but maybe he has matured over the last 10 years

belize has a fresh start and keep the vibes positive and put the past in the history books and go forward.
i heard the comments about quitar but that applied to the greedy inside GUYS, let them fry but that is less then 1% of 1% and don't make it big news, give them a chance to do what is right.
see how the first 100 day honeymoon goes then make adjustments and try to keep things positive and not complain about the baad situation left.
don't beat yourselves up and be your own enemy.

FIX the ROADs

Okay my only concern with all this is that I am seeing some old heads back in some same ole positions whose job is to create change the people want.....hmmmmmmm and identifiable nepotism the PM said he would stay away from.....

Time to retire the old stock and start looking for some qualified educated people who will challenge the status quo. The worst thing a politician can do is to surround himself with YES men and people....you want people who will let you know, respectfully, hey we might want to change things!

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result! Using the same people run the same ministeries and exepecting a different results might signal a loss 5 years from now!!!

Anyway, I trust the PM will do his best for Belize!

mahogany sister said:
Okay my only concern with all this is that I am seeing some old heads back in some same ole positions whose job is to create change the people want.....hmmmmmmm and identifiable nepotism the PM said he would stay away from.....

Time to retire the old stock and start looking for some qualified educated people who will challenge the status quo. The worst thing a politician can do is to surround himself with YES men and people....you want people who will let you know, respectfully, hey we might want to change things!

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result! Using the same people run the same ministeries and exepecting a different results might signal a loss 5 years from now!!!

Anyway, I trust the PM will do his best for Belize!

Expecting different results than who, the PUP? Of course there will be different results. Mind you, Belize was a thriving nation under the last UDP government. The cost of living was much lower, crime was down, sports flourished, and there was advancement in infrastructure. I'm not saying the last UDP government was perfect but in my opinion they were effective. Barrow has weeded out a few bad eggs and this is why Salva didn't get a ministry. The one guy I really like who is an honorable young Belizean is Patrick Faber and putting him in charge of education was a great move.

Listen madarass...I am a UDP supporter, but I am not a YES person...I am a Belizean first! I call it as I see it....we dont want to repeat the steps of the former government....people voted out PUP.......

UDP must hold on to power at least 10 years to turn things around...we dont want business as usual......we want change!!!

But business as usual under the last UDP government is change for the better. There will always be room for improvement and I agree they need 10 years to make it really happen. Change won't happen overnight. Crawling out of the hell hole the PUP dragged us into will not be an easy task. We the people have to be patient and realize that everything will not be reversed by the next election but if there is ample progress then the UDP will get another turn. Dean has already committed to bringing in new faces and grooming young outstanding citizens into the UDP to be the future leaders of our country. It hasn't even been a week yet. Let's see what happens.

For some visuals...

[size=large]MINISTERS OF THE CABINET[/size]

party_deanbarrow.jpg

Dean Barrow
Queen's Square
Prime Minister,
Minister of Finance

party_gasparvega.jpg

Gaspar Vega
Orange Walk North
Deputy Prime Minister,
Minister of Natural Resources, & The Environment

party_erwincontreras.jpg

Erwin Contreras
Cayo West
Second Deputy Prime Minister,
Minister of Economic Development, Commerce, Industry, & Consumer Protection

party_patrickfaber.jpg

Patrick Faber
Collet
Minister of Education

party_carlosperdomo.jpg

Carlos Perdomo
Caribbean Shores
Minister of National Security

party_michaelfinnegan.jpg

Michael Finnegan
Mesopotamia
Minister of Housing, & Urban Development

party_wilfredelrington.jpg

Wilfred Elrington
Pickstock
Attorney General,
Minister of Foreign Affairs, & Foreign Trade

party_anthonymartinez.jpg

Anthony Martinez
Port Loyola
Minister of Works

party_manuelheredia.jpg

Manuel Heredia, Jr.
Belize Rural South
Minister of Tourism, & Civil Aviation

party_pablomarin.jpg

Pablo Marin
Corozal Bay
Minister of Health

party_gabrielmartinez.jpg

Gabriel Martinez
Corozal South West
Minister of Labor, Local Government, & Rural Development

party_johnsaldivar.jpg

John Saldivar
Belmopan
Minister of The Public Service, Governance Improvement, & Elections and Boundaries

party_renemontero.jpg

Rene Montero
Cayo Central
Minister of Agriculture, & Fisheries

party_melvinhulse.jpg

Melvin Hulse
Stann Creek West
Minister of Public Utilities, National Emergency Management, Transport, & Communication

party_edenmartinez.jpg

Eden Martinez
Toledo East
Minister of Human Development, & Social Transformation

party_marcelcardona.jpg

Marcel Cardona
Orange Walk East
Minister of Youth, Sports, & Culture

[size=large]MINISTERS OF STATE[/size]

party_michaelhutchinson.jpg

Michael Hutchinson
Belize Rural Central
Minister of State; Ministry of Labor, Local Government, & Rural Development

party_elvinpenner.jpg

Elvin Penner
Cayo North East
Minister of State; Ministry of Natural Resources; & The Environment

party_edmondcastro.jpg

Edmund Castro
Belize Rural North
Minister of State; Ministry of Works

party_arturoroches.jpg

Arthur Roches
Dangriga
Minister of State; Ministry of Health

party_juancoy.jpg

Juan Coy
Toledo West
Minister of State; Ministry of Human Development, & Social Transformation

[size=large]HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES (REMAINING MEMBERS)[/size]

party_salvadorfernandez.jpg

Salvador Fernandez
Cayo North

party_ramonwitz.jpg

Ramon Witz
Cayo South

party_nemencioacosta.jpg

Nemencio Acosta
Corozal North

party_markpech.jpg

Mark Pech
Orange Walk South

ministry_11_minister.jpg

Mark Espat
Albert

belize-musa.jpg

Said Musa
Fort George

ministry_7_minister.jpg

Francis Fonseca
Freetown

c_hyde.jpg

Cordel Hyde
Lake Independence

FLORENCIO.jpg

Florencio Marin, Jr.
Corozal South East

JOHN.jpg

John Briceño
Orange Walk Central

madarass said:
But business as usual under the last UDP government is change for the better. There will always be room for improvement and I agree they need 10 years to make it really happen. Change won't happen overnight. Crawling out of the hell hole the PUP dragged us into will not be an easy task. We the people have to be patient and realize that everything will not be reversed by the next election but if there is ample progress then the UDP will get another turn. Dean has already committed to bringing in new faces and grooming young outstanding citizens into the UDP to be the future leaders of our country. It hasn't even been a week yet. Let's see what happens.

Like I said, I put trust in his wisdom......

madarass said:
The one guy I really like who is an honorable young Belizean is Patrick Faber and putting him in charge of education was a great move.

I'm no prophet but I'd like to make a prediction: The One Laptop per Child
proposal will return to the table as a valid program worth embracing. ( I can just see it now:young Mr. Faber making an impassioned plea before his colleagues.And they reluctant to touch anything BLUE , looking quite bewildered and stunned)

And as much as some may anticipate the negative reaction from the Opposition (PUP), it will happen.

The sad reality is that sooner or later many of those laptops will
mysteriously disappear. :smoke

Then the drama begins....:party

Back