Belize in Pics Series: Goff's Caye

M

mercury

This week (well, weekend as I'm uber busy during the week) I will feature another two locations in Belize, by way of pictures that I have taken myself, pictures taken by friends, or pictures found on the Internet.

This week's first location to be featured is Goff's Caye, in the offshore waters of the Belize District. It is located just west of the Turneffe Islands Atoll.

This week's locations: Goff's Caye, Belize District; Orange Walk Town, Orange Walk

Next week's locations: Belmopan, Cayo; Punta Gorda, Toledo

[size=large]GOFF'S CAYE, BELIZE DISTRICT[/size]

Map showing Goff's Caye as a tiny caye just to the west of the Turneffe Islands.

GoffsCaye-1.jpg

[size=large]GOFF'S CAYE FROM AFAR[/size]

GoffsCaye8.jpg

[size=large]GOFF'S CAYE FROM ABOVE[/size]

GoffsCaye4.jpg

....absolutely stunning, mercury...

lovely memories of that place, it used to be our favorite "caye trip" destination in high school... LOL...

:peace

sweet_lime said:
....absolutely stunning, mercury...

lovely memories of that place, it used to be our favorite "caye trip" destination in high school... LOL...

:peace
:cafe

mercury said:
[size=large]WELCOME TO GOFF'S CAYE[/size]

Goffscaye2.jpg

Sign.jpg

RASSS!!!
da how many pipple deh bring da Goff's caye now?
i remember we used go out deh and not see another soul. or if you did, you just moved on to another caye.

it looks crowded...

sweet_lime said:
.......lovely memories of that place, it used to be our favorite "caye trip" destination ....... LOL...
We used to have Sunday boat trips with our relatives. I miss the cayes. We visited one (don't remember the name) but we never went back due to the huge burr burrs all over (and that's the ONLY time I ever left my slippers on a boat). That was no fun. :D

belizisimo said:
........... i remember we used go out deh and not see another soul....
Fi chru. :D There were a few like that. Those were the best ones (except if you have to use the bathroom).

Bez said:
:D :D I can juss imagine AB and burr burrs. :D
Puss panh hat briks gial. :D:D I have NEVER seen them so big (almost 3 times the normal size), I don't know how I could forget the name of that Caye. It should've been named "Burr Burr".

AAhhh Goffs Caye..... I have a lot of my childhood memories there. My dad use to take me there every 2 weeks on his boat and that was where he thought me how to swim, fish and dive. Last time I went there was like a year ago and its changed a lot since cruise ship pax has been goin out there . Most of the coral on the northside of the island is dead and i nuh even see bur bur on the island again and some other prickles that were almost at the center of the island.

monwa said:
AAhhh Goffs Caye..... I have a lot of my childhood memories there. My dad use to take me there every 2 weeks on his boat and that was where he thought me how to swim, fish and dive. Last time I went there was like a year ago and its changed a lot since cruise ship pax has been goin out there . Most of the coral on the northside of the island is dead and i nuh even see bur bur on the island again and some other prickles that were almost at the center of the island.
a hope u neva gann backa them lee bushes da back...a leff mih mark back deh,haaaaaaaaaaaa

It was Goff's Caye that had the burr burrs? :thinking I will ask my parents tomorrow and see if they remember which caye that was. All I remember was this caye was loaded with them, you couldn't step without getting stuck and there wasn't much else on the caye, just a nice picnic spot. Our family used to have caye trips like every other month. Even though I hated getting up so early in the morning, it was well worth it.

Back