Stop di read madarass on Whatsapp and Facebook!

Belizeans.com

All ah we da Belizeans!
Staff member
Ch 7:

Read Books, Not WhatsApp Messages

Read, read, and read some more: that is wise advice we all should take and members from the Belmopan Junior Youth Spiritual Empowerment Program want to drive it home. They are hosting their "Tek time to read" book festival tomorrow at the Belmopan Civic Center. There will be free books for kids from ages 0 to 18. The members were putting their finishing touches on their displays for the book festival when we met them today. Here's more.
Trisha Stokes, Coordinator
"It is the "Tek time to read" book festival. We didn't want to say book fair because it just sounds like a fair, it doesn't really sound like for kids like festival. We wanted to take a more fun approach to reading and literacy so that we believe that if children have fun books to read it will make reading a bit more fun."

Courtney Weatherburne, reporter
"So what will be the festival be, will you have books out there to give away, to sell? What exactly is the whole festival about?"

Trisha Stokes, Coordinator
"Well, we will have over 3,000 books, children and teen books to give away, basically they will be free. They will be booths, we are going to have about 8 or 9 booths and at these booths there will be a lot of games and activities and you can win tickets at these booths and then with the tickets they can buy the books."

Nia Beane, Coordinator
"It is really important because there isn't a lot of access to affordable, fun books for children and teens in Belmopan or in Belize on a whole and we just want to make it possible for these books to reach into homes because it is such a big importance in people's lives in academics, in the way they carry their lives, in their creativity, their imagination, so we really want to get it in the homes of people."

The festival starts at 9 and ends at 5 at the Belmopan Civic Center. Teachers can drop by from 4 to 5 to pick up book for their classrooms.

I only read from family and friends and only on FB. I don't do all the other ones.....me nuh gat time fe maddrass needa.

I only use whatsapp to communicate internationally for free. :) And facebook is restricted to my family and friends.

Back