Shooting at Putt Putt Bar>????

I heard on the radio that there were three (or maybe two) different shooting incidents in Belize City Friday Night/Saturday Morning. One was at Putt Putt Bar & Grill, where one person (don't recall if he was alone or what) started to fire at the crowd. About 12 or so people got gunshot injuries, and one of their female bartenders died.

I don't recall the details of the other shooting incident(s), but another person died, a male. It was in a different part of the city, but the police think they may be related. I don't recall hearing if they caught the person(s) involved.

the one at putt putt was a retaliation of sorts involving some known characters in the crime world.

both sides were firing hence the reason why people got shot...it was actually one man against a group of boys that threatened him...and decided to take it out on them in that particular place and time...

I really really hope they catch him and f&%k him up......i dont care how....those *****es dont deserve their lives...

you imagine knowing your daughter is at work or out having a little fun and end up dead without just cause?? mein....the lord for give me..but only their death can be my final justice..an eye for an eye..thing done!

You know the availability of guns in Belize is ridiculous...and what happened to a good fist fight where people beat up each other but live to tell about it........why we need fi all this killing! I agree, when nothing else works....an eye for an eye! How would you ever fire off a gun and have no second thought for people not involved in your stupid fight!!!

I came out of Club Next at Princess minutes after the shooting. The word I've been getting is that it's politically motivated with the ongoing litigation over the sale of the land there.

Kalilah worte a brief report on the incident as her birthday party the following night was cancelled because of the shooting:

It was a wild and crazy night last night as two young partygoers, both females, were shot dead—one of them inside the popular nightclub, Putt Putt Bar and Grill.

The club was crowded as many people were out on the town, when at about a quarter to three, a shooter or shooters opened fire into the crowd. Police say they believe there was more than one shooter who hid in the shrubs surrounding the club.

They have not revealed who they believe were the intended targets, although they do believe this morning’s shooting was in retaliation for the murder of Jason Munnings last week Saturday, February 2.

Whoever the gunmen were after, they apparently didn’t care who got hurt in their attempt to get him. They fired indiscriminately into the crowd. Eleven persons were shot. The bartender, 29-year-old Deandra Zetina, was shot in the chest and died.

• 18-Year-old Harry Joseph of Mahogany Street was shot once in the left leg;
• 26-year-old Cyril Jones was shot three times in the left leg;
• 17-year-old Phillip Neal of Cedar Street was shot twice in the upper left arm;
• 27-year-old Mavin Robinson was shot in the rib cage;
• Eddison Flowers was shot in the left cheek;
• Gilbert Pascasio was shot in the right side of the neck;
• 19-year-old Vincent Galvez was shot in the abdomen and right leg;
• 29-year-old Kenroy Tillett was shot in the left leg;
• Christopher Galvez was shot in both legs and the buttocks; and,
• Jermyn Galvez was shot in the right wrist.

Vincent Galvez and Eddison Flowers are in critical condition at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital.

Police say they recovered 37 expended 9-millimeter shells from the scene. They later recovered two 9mm pistols along with four Magazines containing fifteen live rounds of ammunition from a yard on Jasmine Street.

Then about 15 minutes later, the violence continued over at Belcan Bridge in what police believe was retaliation for the Putt Putt incident.

A group of men and women were walking home from Putt Putt when a small Toyota car pulled up a short distance away from them. Police say a lone gunman came out of the car and opened fire on the crowd with a handgun.

He shot four persons and killed 17-year-old Michelle Cattouse.

• 19-year-old Tarique Bowden of Sunflower Street was shot in the right foot;
• 26-year-old Cyril Jones was shot three times in the right leg;
• 17-year-old Dalerose Puerto of Tibruce Street was shot in the right leg; and,
• 17-year-old Michelle Cattouse was shot in the middle of the chest.

Cattouse later died at the KHMH. Bowden, Jones and Puerto were admitted to the hospital in stable conditions.

Police say they retrieved 14 expended 9 millimeter shells from the second crime scene.

Police Commissioner Gerald Westby says that he has set up a task force of senior officers to investigate the incident.

The Empress said:
such carnage, very scary.....where is the Putt Putt Bar?

On Newtown Barracks, almost exactly across from Princess Hotel.

mtb

with belize this scary, no wonder so many people prefer to live abroad. i wah left my rass ya da Taipei, weh no even grafitti yu see bout the place. the people collect garbage, traffic control, and no guns.

mtb

i saw it on the belize news website, 13 injured? how many dead? these shooters have no heart, serious. our law enforcement is too damn light for this kind of shyt to be happening. bring back the days of PUBLIC execution, make them suffer before they die, the parents of the victims should come with whips and wire and beat them ****ers to nomo nomo.

lawd, and we have the heart to tell the world travelers to come to belize? belize nice and safe? lone rass.....

mercury said:
On Newtown Barracks, almost exactly across from Princess Hotel.

Thanks for answering me, I went there the night that I spent at Princess I believe, I hope it wasn't the girl that I saw there who got killed, she seemed to have a nice personality. Very sad

Re: mtb

menoh said:
our law enforcement is too damn light for this kind of shyt to be happening. bring back the days of PUBLIC execution

Menoh

I have two comments. Personally I think the cops are afraid to mess with some of these thugs and to be honest, I can understand why. These thugs are way more armed than the police.

A cop has to be really careful who he messes with. Plus for the meager $120 a week they pay them, I would avoid these thugs also.

the only people I think these thugs have some respect for are bdf. Not sure why but I think the automatic guns that the bdf carry has some thinmg to do with that. Unfortunately, our laws do not provide for BDF to conduct domestic enforcement except in cases of emergency.

Secondly, I dont think public beatings or execution will make a difference with the mindset of these existing thugs. Unfortunately, they are a lost cause. They are not afraid of anything. They are not afraid of dying. IN a sense, I think the public beating or execution would just make us an even more violent society.

in my opinion the ONLY solution is to go back to basics. To me the main reason we have the problem we have is the break down of the family. We need to refocus on fostering family values and save the kids and the future kids. If parents are not taking care of thier kids take the kids away. Its much cheaper to pay for a kid in foster care than having to maintain him in prison later on.

boco

A cop has to be really careful who he messes with. Plus for the meager $120 a week they pay them, I would avoid these thugs also.
is dis di current salary?:scared ........i woulda left all di bad man dem lone too.........me no wha get killed fi 120 a week!!...heck no!!

ah shame mein....just last week monday me, my cousin and friends from the states was there......and talking to the young lady bartender...not knowing her days was number come that friday..............:mad: :mad:

madarass said:
That's false. Poloice in Belize make more than $120 a week. They make at least $250.

Madarass

I was being cynical with my response. I have no idea exactly how much they make but I know its not much especially when you consider they are not adequetely armed plus the risk they face.

boco

My brother-in-law said last year when things were out of control, one nite one of the foot patrol officers came into his store and hung out there until he closed because he said he was afraid to patrol the streets.

Back