NYC Radio DJ Disses Belize's New PM????

C

Criss

Ok, on Saturday I was listening to WBLS 107.5 Caribbean radio show, and the host, Dahved Levy, was giving his usual updates of newsworthy happenings for each caribbean island. He said and I quote, "Belize recently held their general elections, and for the first time in their history, elected a black leader, Hon. Dean Barrow, father of incarcerated rapper Shyne." A Belizean woman then called him and got on real nasty with him because she claims that he was being disrespectful by mentioning that our new PM has a son who is incarcerated. He got really upset with her because he said that he didn't see anything in mentioning that and he asked other Belizean listeners to call in and let him know if he was wrong for mentioning that part about Dean Barrow. He also later mentioned that when Shyne's infamous incident happened, he did interview Dean Barrow on his show.
Personally I didn't see anything wrong with him mentioning that at all. A couple of the Belizean callers who called in shared my sentiments. What do you think? Should he have mentioned our PM being the father of Shyne?

mtb

it adds more juice if you say it. it attracts more listeners to add scandal to anything. there was nothing wrong with him saying it, even if it was a cheap ploy

Patrice said:
Anybody enlighten me...What did Shyne do?

he shot up a club in NYC on behalf of JHo and Puffy. In the process, a couple club goers were injured. Puffy distanced himself from Shyne who is now doing a bid for his actions.

the way i read it, Shyne took the fall for Puffy and JLo's bodyguards, etc.

and, yes, i believe that DJ didnt do anything wrong, it's a free country.
but given that Shyne and his father are estranged [Shyne even wrote a song dissing his father who he says never recognized him as son], then it's a cheap ploy.

the two are related by blood, but it appears they aren't really father and son in more meaningful ways.

so why mention it? he was trying to be asinine and he succeeded.

Back