San Pedro Holiday Lighted Boat Parade

M

mercury

xmasborder.jpg

It's beginning to look like Christmas on La Isla Bonita. Tonight marked the beginning of the Holiday Season in San Pedro and Ambergris Caye on a whole. The second annual Holiday Lighted Boat Parade was held tonight (02-Dec-07) on the Caribbean Side of town. The parade made its way south from Patojo's Dive Shop to Perla Escondida and back, which is the coastline of the downtown area.

The parade features water vessels (boats, catamarans, canoes, etc) decorated in Christmas Lights and other Christmas-themed decorations. There are numerous cash prizes that were awarded in several categories. The parade was quite long, had the participation of many boats. Great turn-out from the public as well.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get good quality photos (wrong camera, location, timing, etc) but I will share the few that look halfway decent. These photos in now way provide justice to this year's spectacular boat parade, and I doubt any photo can. If i get good quality photos, I will share them.

The following are some poor-quality snapshots of the parade.

xmasborder.jpg

[size=large]SAN PEDRO HOLIDAY LIGHTED BOAT PARADE[/size]

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

xmasborder.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

xmasborder.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

xmasborder.jpg

[size=large]This small boat commemorated World AIDS Day[/size]

IMG_1196.jpg

Unfortunately those are all the photos I have. Most of the rest are not usable. I will try and get my hands on some good-quality photos. Will post them if I do.

xmasborder.jpg

[size=large]Better Photos[/size]

01-6.jpg

02-5.jpg

03.jpg

xmasborder.jpg

[size=large]Better Photos[/size]

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg