Did Something Weird Yesterday...

Jimc58

Interestin Smella Cruffy
I got married! We have only been together for 9 or 10 years, and engaged for 5, but I think it was time. We have three feet of snow on the ground and the night time temps are getting below zero (daytime temps stay below freezing) so I didn't wear my kilt as previously planned. We just went to the Justice of the Peace. I suspect we will have a "real" wedding this summer or fall and I'll wear my kilt then.

Miss you all and I hope for nothing but the best for each of you!

Congrats! May you have a life time of happiness. Kiss the bride for us!
Kilt? It is a bride right? jk:coffee:beerchug

Indeed, she is all bride and all woman. Thanks for the kind words. This happened very suddenly, but has been a long time in the making. Again, we have been engaged for at least five years, I would imagine. We didn't get married right away because we were putting the youngest through a private high school neither of us could afford ($43k/year), but the education she received was worth it. It was easier for us to pull off without our incomes combined. We were then going to get married in her senior year so she would be able to get free AZ college tuition, since I work at one of the universities. We got our marriage license a year ago tomorrow. Then, the youngster decided she didn't want to go to college in state, and we again postponed the marriage to make this easier on us. Long story short, going to college in Minnesota didn't work out. She fell in love with some punk two weeks before her fall semester started, and she moved back home about a week and a half into the semester to be with him. He goes to the university I work at and so our youngest now wants to go here too. She has applied to go in the fall. The marriage license was about to expire (good for one year), it looks like the kid will be using my tuition waiver, my bride will be retiring from her work on the 9th and will need my insurance, and we both had the day off because we went to an Ace Frehley concert the night before. Everything seemed to fall into place on that day.

I was pretty nervous during the ceremony and things did feel different that day, but things are back the way they have been for a long time now. Life is good.

Congrats Jim and I wish you both a long and happy marriage. It sure took a long time but at last you have done it. Even if you don't do a second marriage in the summer, wear your kilt on Sundays and have fun. I know how much you love it.

Back