Belize in Pics Series: Halloween in San Pedro

Another Belizean said:
What year this started? I bet you most members of the board never heard of halloween whille residing in Belize. Just saying.

...da joke u ah joke?....ah kno seh ah nuh as ole as mosquitorose...but inna my days ...we used to mek mask outta brown paper bag..juk out some hole fu di eye....colour the bag wid all kinna rass....use a bed sheet fi cloak.....cho..we were creative in those days..now, everything is ready made...

sweet_lime said:
:dontknow mee nuh know bout most members...me nuh eeven KNOW di members...hahaha...:D :D :D
I don't either SL, I was 'just saying'.

I would just like to know WHAT YEAR Belize does Halloween started? That's all, nada mas.

merciless stap lie nuh man? Dayum, you know you wasn't celebrating halloween, you was just tryna disguise yo'self from all the girlz you were chasing and didn't wanna get recognized.

...well sarri me can't cite what year cause it was DEFINITELY before my time ... :D

but i asked my AUNTIE, as in my MA sista, and she tell me bout how they use to go thru their ma and pa closet and come up with disguises LOL.... for functions at school....so dah long time dat...

LOL @ merciless with ih paper bag...:D :D :D ...those were the days....:D :D :D

I remember halloween in san pedro since I was a little girl, every year it was a big big party. The pet ones were cute and had never seen that in san pedro. Back inna my days they only had potlicka and nobody wouldda spend money dressing up dem potlicka, but times had change. I personally love the pets, although I don't think the pets love it, they no look too happy inna di costumes. :D :D

Love the pet parade. I've never been to SP. I hope they have one fi Valentines when I plan to visit.

We used to have Halloween parties and even a parade in Coro when I was in HS in the 90ies.

I grew up in Kings Park area, ever since i was a boy, halloween was always very big there. I use to look forward to it.

Back