+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Night Nurse "Gregory Isaacs" Passes on! RIP

Hybrid View

Princess Guest

Night Nurse "Gregory Isaacs" Passes on! RIP

Reggae star Gregory Isaacs dies at age 60
    by Simon Vozick-Levinson (EW.Com)

Famed Jamaican singer Gregory Isaacs died of cancer today at his London home, his manager confirms. He was 60.

Isaacs became one of the world’s biggest reggae stars in the 1970s and 1980s with major hits like “Night Nurse” (hear it after the jump) and “Rumours,” spanning the transition from more traditional styles to synth-based dancehall.

“Yes, it’s true,” Isaacs’ manager, Copeland Forbes, writes in an email to the Music Mix. “Gregory passed away this morning in London at 4 A.M. He had a tumor which had spread to other areas of his body. He was 60 years old. I spoke with him last week and he said that I should read Psalm 41 and Psalm 91 for him. I had made arrangements to go back to London on Wednesday to see him as I hadn’t seen him since we went to London together to do the Big Chill Festival (his last show in his life), which had over 60,000 people in attendance. He was the only reggae act on the bill. May his soul rest in peace.”

Please join the Music Mix in sending our condolences to the family, friends, and fans of reggae’s “Cool Ruler.”

I'M JUST A STRANGER IN YOUR TOWN,ONCE IN AWHILE I COME AROUND....

R.I.P. Gregory! One of my neice favorite Mentor!
    Attached Images  

Night Nurse, that's just one smooth song. I never get tired of listening to it. Really enjoyed his music. RIP Gregory Isaacs.
    Enjoy The Silence.

So sad. I remember they had banned him for many years from coming to the USA to perform due to drug usage.

RIP

S/N - who in reggaeland is the leader in soul reggae now-a-days?
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

My guess would be Beres Hammond
    Don't start none, won't be none!

Princess Guest
    Here's the famous death trio that Gregory Isaacs is a part of:

'Fiddler on the Roof' Writer Joseph Stein Dies and "Paul" the World Cup predicting Octopus passed away yesterday.

RIP

no you didn't include that octopus!

Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Empress View Post
    no you didn't include that octopus!
    sure did. He became very famous and now that he's dead, you will hear and see more of him. They've already began a documentary. RIP

Let's replace the octopus with the father from Happy Days, Tom Bosley

zenflower Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Empress View Post
    Let's replace the octopus with the father from Happy Days, Tom Bosley
    Hahaha, yes that would work better, lol... At first I thought Princess was talking about some nickname for the olympic swimmer guy that died recently from a heart attack during competition, hahaha... but since its a real octopus she added into the trio, that makes it more funny.

Princess Guest
    Ok, let's replace him (Octopus) w/Happy Days Tom (love Tom). Next World Cup - who will be the predictor? I will miss Paul, he was so on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    Ok, let's replace him (Octopus) w/Happy Days Tom (love Tom). Next World Cup - who will be the predictor? I will miss Paul, he was so on the money.
    Paul

zenflower Guest
    Rest in peace to Mr. Isaacs. I had never heard of him before now, but Im gonna go and try to find some of his stuff on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    Rest in peace to Mr. Isaacs. I had never heard of him before now, but Im gonna go and try to find some of his stuff on Youtube.

That's hard to believe. You don't like reggae, Zen? What kinda music do you listen to?
    Enjoy The Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    what!!....another watered down belizean on the board eh....
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

+ Reply to Thread