Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green Job, Cares Mother Earth?

reinalyn12 Guest

Green Job, Cares Mother Earth?

What are green jobs?. A green job, also called a green-collar job is, according to the United Nations Environment Program, "work in agricultural, manufacturing, research and development (R&D), administrative, and service activities that contribute(s) substantially to preserving or restoring environmental quality. Specifically, but not exclusively, this includes jobs that help to protect ecosystems and biodiversity; reduce energy, materials, and water consumption through high efficiency strategies; de-carbonize the economy; and minimize or altogether avoid generation of all forms of waste and pollution."

Princess Guest
    This needs to be posted in the "Dictionary" Section.

reinalyn12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    This needs to be posted in the "Dictionary" Section.
    just want to share some idea....

Atleast I learn something today? Heard about blue and white collar jobs before, but not green. Thanks! :-)
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by reinalyn12 View Post
    just want to share some idea....
    and thanks for sharing. Nothing wrong with that. Good information. We are always willing to listen and learn. Not everyone knows everything. I've heard this term used before (more often these days) and it's been used time and time again in the attempt to get more people involved with saving Mother Earth.

We had a guest speaker at my Yoga Class yesterday and he said that we should all try to educate our children in working together to fix this place (earth) that we, their parents and grandparent (frigged) up. So going forward they'll be more and more youngsters getting involved in Green-Collared jobs, since they have to live/deal with it much longer than us.

Like I said nothing wrong with dat!

So going forward they'll be more and more youngsters getting involved in Green-Collared jobs,
    green-collared?

green-collar?

green color?

dictionary entry, please!

but the dust on my boots and the rythm of my feet and my heart say africa - vusi mahlasela

zenflower Guest
    This topic got all twisted up into collard greens, lol... don't forget to add the smoked turkey.

reinalyn12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    and thanks for sharing. Nothing wrong with that. Good information. We are always willing to listen and learn. Not everyone knows everything. I've heard this term used before (more often these days) and it's been used time and time again in the attempt to get more people involved with saving Mother Earth.

We had a guest speaker at my Yoga Class yesterday and he said that we should all try to educate our children in working together to fix this place (earth) that we, their parents and grandparent (frigged) up. So going forward they'll be more and more youngsters getting involved in Green-Collared jobs, since they have to live/deal with it much longer than us.

Like I said nothing wrong with dat!
    Thanks Princess.... you're so nice... :

Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    This topic got all twisted up into collard greens, lol... don't forget to add the smoked turkey.
    Yup Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Can you imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    And since we're going "green" throw in some turnip and mustard greens while the pot is being stirred.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

+ Reply to Thread