Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is "Tea, Dinner, Tea" still the norm in Belize?

Is "Tea, Dinner, Tea" still the norm in Belize?

Is "Tea, Dinner, Tea" still the norm in Belize?

Did most Belizeans switch to breakfast, lunch & dinner, or are they still eating the biggest meal at noon: tea, dinner, tea?
    Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/belizeans
    Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/belizeans

Princess Guest
    When in Belize, for me it's Breakfast (Tea), then lunch (Belizean Dinner) around 1pm, then onto to Granny's House we go about 6pm where we have Tea. (Can't refuse Gran when she ask, "You want tea"?)

Tea at 6pm will consist of tea (brewed in a pot), bread and maybe sausages or chicken or plain ole Belizean cheese. Yup love it!

I'm thinking a lot of Belizeans are now having two dinners (noon time and 7pm). I see those chiney chicken joints always packed.

Princess Guest
    that's Lunch time dinner and tea time dinna. That explains all the obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes both in adults and children alike.

zenflower Guest
    All those little corner shops in Belize sell lone greasy tings. Greasy fried chicken, panades, bread pudding, etc. No nutritional value, and health problems waiting to happen just like Princess described above. I mostly enjoy the hearty Belizean seafood dishes, but all the extra grease and heavy carbs is not on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    that's Lunch time dinner and tea time dinna. That explains all the obesity, high blpod pressure and diabetes both in adults and children alike.
    back in my day tea time was usually something light....but now that belizeans di live like americans deh mussy di eat steak and mash potato at tea time....
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

Princess Guest
    They are Bemetu. I see people ordering Steak w/fries from the Chiney at night AND this is about 8pm when we are heading home from Gran. Steak w/fries (with added steak sauce and ketchup), can you imagine?

Gimme Gran's tea w/bread and cheese @ 6:00pm, by the time I crawl into bed, that's already digested.

What steak, Pork steak? Greasy chicken,greasy fries, Bread and butter, flour lab,cawn porage,pottid meat,Cow Milk, ultra sweeten Belize soda.. No wonder dem di drop like flies!

zenflower Guest
    LMAO @ "... flour lab, cawn porage, pottid meat, cow milk"... hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    that's Lunch time dinner and tea time dinna. That explains all the obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes both in adults and children alike.
    Dah true.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

What was corn lab again? I forgot - was that used when you were too poor to have oatmeal? Or, groceries ran short before payday?

Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    LMAO @ "... flour lab, cawn porage, pottid meat, cow milk"... hahaha
    me still love mi flour lab..oh!
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

why do you make flour lab Beme? I don't think I even know what that is?

girl i grew up on porridge.......flour lab, starch lab, corn meal porridge, gungu deh(dried banana), greitu(ripe plantain porridge)...girl these are comfort food to me......

Bzegirl, are you kidding? Every Belizean over 12 years old knows what corn meal porridge and flour lab is... And you grew up pan south side too? Cho....
    21372401-4599-6415-24F8-041085BF881A

+ Reply to Thread