Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To See or not to See, that is the Question...

To See or not to See, that is the Question...

I got together with my LF for dinner last night and she told me she woke up with very little vision in her right eye. She went to see a doc about that and he thought it could be one of two things: a detached retina or a blocked or busrt artery. My LF said she could see a little bit out of that eye, but the doc said she had to be lying as he saw no indication that that eye was functioning at all. He wanted to have her flown down to Phoenix for immediate surgery, but she wouldn't go. The eye surgeon came up to Flagstaff last night and my LF is scheduled for 5 hours of surgery on her eye this morning. But, they are not yet absolutely positive it will be needed and her vision came back last night, and she says it is fine this morning. So, right now I don't know much more. I don't know if the surgery will happen or not, what the problem really is, and what the implications of the surgery will be, if it is needed. I did, however, persuade her to keep her appointment which she was thinking wasn't necessary anymore. All well wishes are appreciated.
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and be my friend. (Albert Camus)

There is something going on with her eye for sure.
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

zenflower Guest
    Something similiar happened to a girlfriend of mine shortly after giving birth several years ago. Only in her case, both eyes were compeletely blind and it scared the daylights out of her because nothing like that had ever happened before, and she thought she was going to be blind for good. But within a few days, her complete vision came back and everything was fine. I can't remember what she said they told her it was, but I think it had something to do with a temporary nerve damage in the eyes.

The good news is that they could not find anything wrong, and did not do any surgery. The doc said there is no indication of any tears or problems with the retina, which is a good thing. What they think is wrong, and they agree there IS a problem, is what Zen said; some kind of nuerological condition going on. But, they can't do anything at this point since today everything is fine. What happens now is that everyone just waits until she loses her vision again. Then, she has to rush to the doctor's office, while she still can not see out of that one eye, and there is a nerve test they can do that will, or should, tell them what is going on. Until that test the Neurologist can't do anything. So, we wait...

Oh goodness, looks like these thing are just happening to everyone, well in my case, I am going on 70, so some things might happen.....well yesterday morning I woke up at 7am, turned on my side to get up and pet, the room started to spin like crazy. I started yelling for John, I had no clue what was going on. I closed my eyes so I couldn't see the room. First John went to the bathroom, then he went to the kitchen hahhahaha.....I am going...OMG, WTF!!. When he did finally come to my room, poor ting, he wasn't quite awake and though I was in kitchen and he taught the dog had died (she is almost there, poor baby).

It only lasted a short time and then I broke out in a sweat and had a little tachacardia (sp)...I happen to know what that is....well I haul me rass rite dah Doctor mein. He said it was the middle ear and chances are that it will never happen again. In the brain there is a little ball in liquid and this keeps us balanced, when the ball gets stuck, the room spins. Now if you are spinning, that is a whole other matter.

He ordered an Echo Cardiogram with doppler etc and I got hooked up to monitor so if I have any tachacardias, I have to record it and send it on....well rass!! he said my heart is fine, he just wants to check on the TC.

I know what TC are...that is when the heart, instead of going down it's normal electric path, it goes another way, lone rass yukno? I have to wear that monitor for 5 days.

I hope there is nothing serious going on, MR. Keep us posted!

Thanks Jim, I had a stress test four years ago and the Doc said he didn't or couldn't find anything wrong...so he says they will do another one in 6 months...well he still di wait hahaha...an echo will show you so much more....

zenflower Guest
    From hearing about different stories from various people about sudden and unknown reactions that have suddenly come upon them, its starting to seem like a lot of this kind of stuff is going on. The human body is very unpredictable, and environmental factors and stress plays a big part in how each of us react, some of us differently from others. Like in the case of my friend that went completely blind for a couple days after giving birth, if I remember correctly, I believe she said the doctors explained that sometimes when your body goes through some kind of sudden stress or trauma (as in her case childbirth), some of the mechanisms may malfunction temporarily and throws everything out of wack, (for lack of a better term).For each person, their stress reaction may be different. Some may suffer a heart attack, some may have a stroke, some may have intense pain in certain parts of their body, and so on, and different parts of their bodies may react in all different kind of ways. I thought of this same sinario when OG discribed his sudden and undiagnosed symptoms, and sometimes when this happens the doctors can't really find or pinpoint whats really going on. The body is just complicated, and you never know how it may react.

zenflower Guest
    Jim, has your LF recently experienced any kind of intense stessful situations lately? I know we all experience a certain amount of stress in our everyday lives, but Im starting to wonder if a much higher degree of intense stress really plays a part in our bodies malfunctioning because too many people are going through things like this.

zenflower Guest
    Rosie, sorry to hear about your experience too girl. I always thought that early morning dizziness had to do with low blood sugar. I never knew about the electrical imbalances that goes on in the brain like you mentioned, but thats intresting to know.That happened to me a few times in the past where I got dizzy with black dots flashing in front of me, and feeling weak with a cold sweat and had to sit down to avoid from falling, but I always thought it had something to do with my diet or the kind of vitamins I was taking at the time. Take care of yourself, but its good that you stay informed. Im sure you probably know more than some of these doctors out there, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    Jim, has your LF recently experienced any kind of intense stessful situations lately? I know we all experience a certain amount of stress in our everyday lives, but Im starting to wonder if a much higher degree of intense stress really plays a part in our bodies malfunctioning because too many people are going through things like this.
    As you mentioned in the other thread, there is this meeting between her 12yo and her father whom the 12yo has never met going on. This is the second time my LF lost vision in that eye, the first time was three weeks to a month ago, right about the time the Ex wanted to meet his daughter. Hmmm...

Aye Jim. Psycology plays a big part in our live. I had a friend who also was getting blind and developing lumps in her breast...it was all due to the stress brought on by her MIL who came to live with them....they shipped that ole bag out and the gial get betta mein.

Quote Originally Posted by zenflower View Post
    Rosie, sorry to hear about your experience too girl. I always thought that early morning dizziness had to do with low blood sugar. I never knew about the electrical imbalances that goes on in the brain like you mentioned, but thats intresting to know.That happened to me a few times in the past where I got dizzy with black dots flashing in front of me, and feeling weak with a cold sweat and had to sit down to avoid from falling, but I always thought it had something to do with my diet or the kind of vitamins I was taking at the time. Take care of yourself, but its good that you stay informed. Im sure you probably know more than some of these doctors out there, lol...
    Girl I took my blood right away and it was fine. And it's important to note that I was not dizzy, it was the room that was spinning around me, and that is the problem with the middle ear. Now if I personally was dizzy, then that would be something else, like low blood, getting up too fast, looking way up. Vitamins you have to be really careful. I can't take calcium anymore as it cause the TC too. I noticed that lately, so I removed it. I always read up on everything. I asked the doctor what he thought of an Echo and then he suggested it, see deh...

+ Reply to Thread