Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Those who live in glass houses...

Those who live in glass houses...

Peek inside a $35 million glass house
    This 13,875-square-foot home features five bedrooms and a room devoted to vintage cars

Known for his modern designs, Los Angeles- based architect Steve Hermann finished his latest project in Montecito, Calif., about four months ago.

Mr. Hermann considers the home, called the Glass Pavilion, his “opus.”

When he builds in the Hollywood Hills or Beverly Hills, Mr. Herman says he is usually restricted to a small lot.

This lot measures about three-and-a-half acres and gave him the space he needed to create a home featuring walls of glass.

"Here I have complete privacy," Mr. Herman says.

"It allows you to be one with nature inside the house."

The 13,875-square-foot home features five bedrooms, five-and-a-half bathrooms, a kitchen with a wine room and an art gallery that displays the architect’s vintage car collection.

Mr. Hermann, who has a passion for mid-century modern furnishings, also designed some of the home's furniture, including the benches in the hallway.

He originally built the home for himself, but while the six-year project was underway, he says, his plans changed.

Among those changes, he notes, was the birth of his daughter, now 10 months old.

Mr. Hermann says he will likely rent another home for awhile before embarking on another project for himself.

The home is now listed for $35 million, and the furnishings are negotiable. Suzanne Perkins of Sotheby's International Realty has the listing.
    Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/belizeans
    Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/belizeans

Princess Guest
    If I can come up with about a dollar more, I could afford that. I'm loving that house. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    If I can come up with about a dollar more, I could afford that. I'm loving that house. Awesome.
    I'll give you a dollar. Just let me know...
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and be my friend. (Albert Camus)

Totally cool. As long as the BR had dark light-blocking shades I'd be fine in a house like that. :) Love love the open floor plan and feeling of space.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

+ Reply to Thread