Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Hypothetical Question...

Princess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimc58 View Post
    most likely could not happen for at least 5 years, and maybe as long as about 14 years.
    Rass a 5-14 year engagement. Bwai, please go steady, and juk out the rest of your lives. Cho!

I thought my last post was clear, but I guess not. I'll try again in terms that may be easier to visualize. No more rope or mailbox, for the time being; hypothetocally speaking...

Say there are two people who have a good relationship. So good that at least one of them would like this to turn into a more committed relationship than it already is. They are way too old to be going steady. Also, because of lots of things it is not possible for them to get married at this time, and that most likely could not happen for at least 5 years, and maybe as long as about 14 years.

So, is it inappropriate to become engaged if the wedding date would have to be so far in the future, and if that is too inappropriate is there an alternative? Hypothetically speaking, of course.
    I think only those two people can decide if 5 - 14 yrs is a long time to make their "commitment" legal. Being married doesn't mean that both people are committed. One would hope so but it's not always the case. Or maybe not at the same time You can be in a committed relationship without making it legal by marriage.

It sounds as if you want the relationship to be viewed as "respectable" hence the need for some sort of visual evidence of more than just going steady.

I say....discuss with your LF and see where her head/mind is. She may be of kindred spirit and love the respectability being "engaged" would portray while willing to wait before actually tie the knot.

In a relationship I always say each to their own. It's about the two people involved and what works for them. Good luck Jim you seem to have met a woman who makes you feel good enough to want to go the distance with her - kudos to you and her.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

Hypothetically speaking, now that we are talking about two people and not a jump rope and a mailbox, we can't yet jump to the conclusion that I am involved with this in any way at all, except for gathering information and advice...

The two would almost certainly not be opposed to living together (I'm sure one of them wouldn't) but that has the same obsticals as getting married does. I think both people involved, who ever they may be, would be happy with either of those situations. But, they can't see how they can reasonably blend two very different lives at this time. One has "postcards", a house, animals, a mother in a nursing home, the mother's house to take care of, works full-time and many many other things. The other has a housefull of animals, works two jobs and a minimum of 6 days a week, a house, an elderly father that needs looked after, and many many other things too. Responsibilities of each person seem way too great to be blended at this point, which is why there is such a big time frame in this picture. They both need time to whitle down things, but wish that was not the case and are hoping there may be other feasable options, hypothetically speaking...
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and be my friend. (Albert Camus)

Princess Guest
    The other has a housefull of animals
    - Yeah Jim, this is no where near about you.

JIM you act like you got 7-14 years.bwai you betta go find a nadda gyal

Quote Originally Posted by LISA View Post
    JIM you act like you got 7-14 years.bwai you betta go find a nadda gyal
    Hypothetically speaking, I, umm, "he" thinks you might be right, though I'm, umm, "he's" not sure that would gain him much...

As for Princess's remark about the housefull of animals, I just picked that completely out of the blue as foder for this discussion, hypothetically speaking...

Quote Originally Posted by bzegirl View Post
    Aren't you too old to be focusing so much on sex acts and self-gratification? Lawd every thread I'm opening you making some reference to sex. Dah mussi mi full moon last night fu true.

That's alright though go on and get your groove on. It's fun nutrue
    hahahaha gial yu crazy or what or maybe yu di get senile...I just answer posts and give my opinion. here is what you wrote girl, it's not me in sex deal it's you!! geez!!

"tie one end to the mailbox and with your other hand keep jumping. One more pleasure one can self-administer. No need for partner. "

Bam! now what is that pleasure you are talking about....Jim commented that you hated men, so he must have drawn the same conclusion that i did....girl!!

Oh, where is it that I am constantly referring to sex? gial do!!
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

hahahaha oh come on...she didn't say that...I never saw that or I would have remembered.....
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

Princess Guest
    As for Princess's remark about the housefull of animals, I just picked that completely out of the blue as foder for this discussion, hypothetically speaking...
    Ah huh!

JIM stop yu rass,evrybody kno dis da yu.yu di use di board fuh yu own lee therapy,instead ah go to counseling

Quote Originally Posted by LISA View Post
    JIM stop yu rass,evrybody kno dis da yu.yu di use di board fuh yu own lee therapy,instead ah go to counseling
    I thought this was one of the purposes of the board, but I must reiterate we are only talking hypothetically.

However, and this may come as a surprise to most of you, if you stretch things quite a bit this scenario is somewhat similar to something I do happen to be familiar with. In certain ways at least. My LF and I are only able to get together on Saturday nights and most Sundays, though we can occasionally see each other on Firday nights as well. Like the mailbox and the jump rope we both would like a more committed relationship and have had a hard time figuring out how to make that happen. We have discussed it quite a bit and always walk away feeling as if there is no good solution. But, we make little dents here and there and one of these days things will change. If nothing else we both do have plans for living out our lives in Belize one day, but we still hope for something more before that time...

+ Reply to Thread