Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Today is Earth Day!!!! (Apr 22, 2009)

Today is Earth Day!!!! (Apr 22, 2009)

In honor of Earth Day are you guys doing anything special to commerate Mother Earth?

Have you recently changed the way you do things to minimize leaving your carbon footprint? If not, do you believe in global warming?

I've started taking my cotton grocery bags to the supermarket to minimize the use of plastic bags. I've always recycled but while I recycle the bottles/cans and paper/ magazines, I still used to throw away other things that I could take the time to recycle. I'm trying to be more aware of what I throw out that can be recycled.

What are some of the ways you're celebrating or continue to celebrate Earth Day?
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

Its also Administrative Professional Day!

My son had to wear green today and took a plant to plant at school.
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

Yep it's also a special day for all those hardworking administrative assistants who are the backbone of the office. we ordered flowers for the 4 admins that support our group.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

I wore green boxers to work today.
    Don't cry because it's over.. .Smile because it happened.

Silly!
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

I took my daughter shopping saturday, and she made sure she reminded me. I even bought the green bags for her.
    Don't cry because it's over.. .Smile because it happened.

Ch 5:

Audubon celebrates Earth Day with trek

The earth is believed to be four point five billion years old but it is only since 1970 that nations began observing Earth Day. The Belize Audubon Society also joined in the celebrations back then. While Earth Day is celebrated worldwide today, the activities in Belize are planned for Saturday April twenty-fifth. The Belize Audubon Society’s Felicia Leal says it is going to be not only a packed day of events, but an interesting outdoor agenda.

Felicia Leal, Protected Areas Manager, Belize Audubon Society
    “We’re going to have a Walk for a Greener Belize. The walk starts from the Constitution Park and ends at Guanacaste National Park. It starts at six a.m. in the morning. We’re hoping for all groups to be finished at eleven, eleven-thirty to be at Guanacaste for the other portion of events. The walk will also entail some cleaning up of the roadside as well so it’s gonna be a very big event. We have a lot of interest from several groups. Embassies are participating such as the Mexican Embassy, the US Embassy, the Embassy of Guatemala and Costa Rica. We also have groups such as PACT, WWF, the Scouts, the Pallotti Environmental Club as well and other individuals who have been expressing interest. We also have other companies as well who are expressing interest such as Smart. So we are having a lot of support for the activity itself. The events thereafter at Guanacaste will be simply to celebrate in nature. We’re gonna have a Hopping John string band, which is the courtesy of the US Embassy. We have Miss Lela Vernon once again this year celebrating with us. And then we have just some nature activities, a tour of Guanacaste and birding activities thereafter.”

Jose Sanchez
    “Is there any special way that people can show they are awareness for Earth Day?”

Felicia Leal
    “Come and join us in the walk. Like I said, the walk is basically joining nations together for one common cause. If you notice the waste is a huge issue here in Belize and as part of the activities for this year it’s gonna be that we’re gonna take a walk, clean up along the highway. We have the Belize City Council who is participating in this event as well supporting us. They will be helping us picking up that garbage along the way. So come out, join us in the celebration. Also we have several things you can do on a daily basis as individuals; just when it comes to your running water, be resourceful when it comes to the resources of Belize.”

Initiatives such as the recycling of plastic also help to save the earth. Tonight and tomorrow Channel Five will air two programmes for the Audubon Society that promotes conservation and preservation of our natural resources.

+ Reply to Thread