Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I wonder why.....

Quote Originally Posted by David 13 View Post
    I personally don't like to be in those kind of nonsense. Plus i know how cuffy women are,but i still love them.
    so it was her fault. You're an a55
    Don't start none, won't be none!

scotchbonnet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimc58 View Post
    Since I'm a male, and a manly man at that, I think I should add something. Yes, there are still some gentlemen out here, and I like to think I am one of them. I don't put up with anyone putting down another person but particularly a male putting down a female. My mother, and father, taught me very well.

So, why do I not jump to the defence of a lady in need? There are a few reasons. First, I've been far too busy lately to keep up with everything on the board and once a thread starts going south I have been moving on. Not a good reason, I know, but it is the truth. Also, I still feel like a bit of an outsider here and don't know as much about each of you as I wish I did. So, I don't know when I'm crossing lines I shouldn't cross. I try and learn a bit more each day and one of these years I will feel like we have known each other forever and will know for sure what is real, what is just joking around, and what is true cyber trash.

With that said, if I ever can be of service (probably not the best word choice with bemetu reading this... ) to anyone in need of someone to stand up for them, all you got to do is ask. I do back up my friends to the bitter end. Don't know if that is a getlemanly thing or not, but that is how I was raised.
    Jim, the first thing you need to learn is the term "ooman fum fum" then start over from square one. HAHAHAHA!!!!

scotchbonnet Guest
    Lookya oomen--no di wait fi no man defend unu. Defend unuself. There still are some knights in shining armors out there for sure, but the world has changed--lots of guns, mailing bombs and poisons, shoot-bys, all kinds of new evils...so don't expect Sir Knight to come riding up. These are not the Victorian days anymore.

And make no mistake about it---a woman's mouth has brought down many a kingdom from way back and still does in these modern times. And when a sey mouth---a mean mouth!

Dah tru ting that SB...gran used to seh the mouth is the poisen of your body.

Look what Ann Bolyn did to poor King Henry and in the end she paid with her head.....
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

And today we have mealy mouth Nancy Pelosi (sp)
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimc58 View Post
    Since I'm a male, and a manly man at that, I think I should add something. Yes, there are still some gentlemen out here, and I like to think I am one of them. I don't put up with anyone putting down another person but particularly a male putting down a female. My mother, and father, taught me very well.

So, why do I not jump to the defence of a lady in need? There are a few reasons. First, I've been far too busy lately to keep up with everything on the board and once a thread starts going south I have been moving on. Not a good reason, I know, but it is the truth. Also, I still feel like a bit of an outsider here and don't know as much about each of you as I wish I did. So, I don't know when I'm crossing lines I shouldn't cross. I try and learn a bit more each day and one of these years I will feel like we have known each other forever and will know for sure what is real, what is just joking around, and what is true cyber trash.

With that said, if I ever can be of service (probably not the best word choice with bemetu reading this... ) to anyone in need of someone to stand up for them, all you got to do is ask. I do back up my friends to the bitter end. Don't know if that is a getlemanly thing or not, but that is how I was raised.
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

scotchbonnet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitorose View Post
    Dah tru ting that SB...gran used to seh the mouth is the poisen of your body.

Look what Ann Bolyn did to poor King Henry and in the end she paid with her head.....
    Gial, Rosy, poor King Henry mi battam. Dat man was evil. He was one of the worst misogynist in the history of the world...that man kill off his wives even when he forced them to marry him in the first place like he did to Cathrine Howard who was only 16 and he was a syphilis laden old man about 3 times her age ...and Anne Boleyn --even though they put her like the witch.
    And the un-official story is that he had Prince Edward cut out of Jane Seymour's belly and so she died like a couple of weeks later. And he forced her to attend a tournament like 3 days after he had her cut open.
    And he had a child with Anne's sister first, then went after Anne even though he was married. Then he had a child with Anne and that child died very early and when Anne had a girl child, he went back to the other sister and had another child with the sister who was married to another man who had to raise the king's outside children. Then he imprisoned Cathrine of Aragon to marry Anne and just because he is the fore-fathers of the present Crown--no one wants to say how bad he was. It was all those wives fault. He was about to cut off his last wife's head when he died instead.
    I think Anne Boleyn was a victim of her age...she couldn't say no to that king and she didn't want to have children outside of marriage. Plus that king was full of STD's like crazy. That's why so many of his children were miscarried.
    But yes, lot's of women brought down kingdoms and I guess Anne could be looked at as one except she was more of a puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empress View Post
    so it was her fault. You're an a55
    I did not blame anyone for anything. But when a woman start ****, she should not expect others to defoend her, even when she is dead wrong.
    Don't cry because it's over.. .Smile because it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cayogial21 View Post
    Maybe because dah online...plenty of people don't follow the same code of conduct when they're in the cyber world...but I wonda what if they would react the same way in the "real world"?..or do they ever come to a womans defense?

Tru dat!
    Enjoy The Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Babes View Post
    Maybe because on the board its reach the levels of thrash, gossip and family disputes...things that men (and some women) are not particularly interested in.
    Tru dat, too!
    Enjoy The Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by belizean View Post
    Plus another thing...and y'all know this: You tek up fi the ooman and soon thereafter the family will make up, but you will still be the enemy. Blood thicka da wata. No need to try to solve family arguments when the family was, is, and will always be dysfunctional. (Even mi own family!)
    Couldn't agree with you more on this.
    Enjoy The Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    Bzegirl if you're referring to the recent mess, truthfully it's just plain nonsense. I read about half and had enuf. Personally I don't even respond cause I can't defend what I don't know is true and even if it's not - how do you respond to such allegations?? I can't defend what I don't know. (Speaking for myself that is).
    Same thing me seh upon reading the whole seh-seh-seh.
    Enjoy The Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by bzegirl View Post
    Nah it's just not this recent/ongoing situation it's across the board. I've seen where a male board member would go after a female board member and while the female members would comment and "jump in" - very rarely do other males comment. Exception being if they personally know the woman being attacked. But most of us don't know the other person in real life yet women seem to come to the aid of other women more than men coming to the aid of women. I was just curious to get the male's perspective.
    Ok, now that you've observed this maybe you should name names just so we can get a better idea who you are referring to. As far as I know, there is only one person guilty of doing that.
    Enjoy The Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by scotchbonnet View Post
    And make no mistake about it---a woman's mouth has brought down many a kingdom from way back and still does in these modern times. And when a sey mouth---a mean mouth!

As far as I know a woman is just as capable - maybe even more equipped - to trash a man in a verbal spar. The only difference is that after she is through, people think differently of her only because society frowns on such unladylike behavior.
    Enjoy The Silence.

+ Reply to Thread