Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats Bemetu on winning the body building contest!!

no...cheese give mi gas! ....but me like whine by miself or on top of a strong young man
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

McAint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OGTerror View Post
    you started it.
    Oh, do you want some cheese with that whine?

Reply: You guys are so funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    Shame, shame, shame on you Bzegirl. No justification whatsoever. That's like the white boy justifying calling his black friend (that word) just because he's their homie. Absolutely no justification!

My statement - WOW!!!!! to both the body builder and your comment.
    Big difference - we're both black. And as such I'm invoking I can talk about her looks but nobody outside of it should.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

Princess Guest
    Your call - but didn't find it funny. Black on Black racism - same difference.

This is worse than DB's "blackie" comment on the young lady in the parade!
    Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/belizeans
    Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/belizeans

Oh I didn't think DB identifies herself as being black.

I thought that was the main reason some peeps were pissed at the comment - because we saw it as a negative based on race.

My comment was based on looks - has nothing to do with race.

Ya'll are like blacks who got mad at Cosby for airing "black laundry". We could hush hush in private but not say anything negative in public.

Which part of my comment was racist? I specifically referenced her "looks" not the color of her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by belizean View Post
    This is worse than DB's "blackie" comment on the young lady in the parade!
    How so. Hmmn, I didn't realize there were varying degrees of perceived racism.

Princess Guest
    This has absolutely nothing to do with any body's dirty laundry. I didn't like your comment and none of your reasoning can make me think otherwise, so it would be senseless for us to go back and forth with questions on what, how or even why. It's clear that we have our own perceptions of things, and we are so entitled to our differences.

How the Rass did I get into this? And What the madafish is "Black" and why would I not identify myself with "Black"?

Be back in couple hours.........got lots to do...hehehehehe
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

I'm half black.

Then you can't say s$$ht doc. You're not whole.

Well I'm also half chinny and half honduran so I want to talk rass about somebody damnit!

This has absolutely nothing to do with any body's dirty laundry. I didn't like your comment and none of your reasoning can make me think otherwise, so it would be senseless for us to go back and forth with questions on what, how or even why. It's clear that we have our own perceptions of things, and we are so entitled to our differences.
    I agree.

The bigger discussion I was trying to stimulate though was how within a culture or race of people we call each other names or say things that if someone outside of that culture does it means something different. Or at the very least is not tolerated. We had this discussion before a while back on the use of the N word and how blacks using it with each other means something different that if a non-black person says it whether it's to his homie who happens to be black or not it's not acceptable.

Also, because race is such a touchy subject - in this case whether they think it, or say it off-line, most people wouldn't do what I did and say what I think that woman looked like. Why??? is it because political correctness is the norm? Or is it a fear of backlash as being seen stereotyping (which is what I could be accused of doing) or worse practicing racism (if the comment was based due to her race).

Anyone who has been on this board for a while knows my stance when discussions on race comes up. But, I digress.

Interesting dialogue, but like religion and politics it's hard not to be bias and unemotional.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzzard View Post
    Well I'm also half chinny and half honduran so I want to talk rass about somebody damnit!

+ Reply to Thread