Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tamalitos Recipe Request

OGTerror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bzegirl View Post
    ......... Have you forgiven your mom? ............
    Pain, resentment, guilt, anger, fear… and much more were not any of my choices, but the work of an evil person who inflicted it on/in me. I am not responsible for my mother's actions, there-for the only one who can forgive her is herself. Attempting to end my life was my choice and that I have forgiven myself for. As I told my therapist, I never want to ever meet the person who gave birth to me because she would try to ask for forgiveness. Her request would only inflict more pain in me and open more wounds that I am not willing to sustain. Her sole purpose in asking for forgiveness would only be to save herself.
    But I do hope that some day she takes the time to think about the situation, validate the circumstances, and forgives herself for hurting me. All she has to do is truly feel deep down into her heart and say this out loud “I forgive myself for hurting my son Leonardo,”. And I, don't need to hear it.

I am familiar with it so it didn't shock me. I am however, so very much in admiration of you Og. I admire your courage, your perseverance and your strength, to seek help to understand how, to help yourself.

These atrosities that were inflicted upon you can be a living nightmare for years Everytime you think about it, it can set you back into another state of mind, Unless!

Unless you realize, that woman who was your mother, was a very sick person. You will fogive her because she knew no better. Chances are it was done to her. You don't ever have to look upon her again but forgive her in your heart so you can have peace and closure. It will also instill in you the knowledge that you have choices. She may not have made the right choice but you can. You have your own mind.

Realize, that you will love yourself first. Your time has come and it looks like you have made a very good start. Talk about your experiences as long as you feel like it, it lets the poisen out.

You should be very proud of yourself.
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

OGTerror Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bemetu View Post
    yu know say yu cyaa come pon waata lane with a half a$$ tory..........so come siddung pon mi couch and giwe more details bout what i have highlighted up deh so.....by the way whe name Tamalito.....never heard of it!....but we have lotta chefs on yah so scotchie and rosy soon come with di recipe......
    Ducunu you no no Ducunu?
    Been gone for 3 days now went to play in the sand dunes at glamis. And now I'm back to let you know I can make some ducunu. I'll make a video of it and post it on youtube. I'll title it, Belizean Ducuno, Tamalitos Belizenios. I'll post the link l8r for you all to watch.

whe di link deh?....post di recipe too!......i love dukunu but cyaa mek it~!
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

OGTerror Guest

Belizean Tamalito AKA Ducunu Recipe

5 lbs green corn (weight corn do not include cob)
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    1 tablespoons salt
    2 stick melted stick butter
    1 can evaporated milk, (skip if mix is wet enough)

Start by peeling corn and saving about 3 to 4 husks of each corn; shave off corn from cob. Using your blender make a thick blend off of shaved corn then add condiments. Use corn husk and fill each with prepared corn and wrap. Place some corncobs on bottom of a big pot and pour some salted water over cobs place wrapped tamalitos/ducunu on corn cobs do not make them touch the water. Place pot on medium fire and boil for about one hour and there you should have some hot tamalitos/ducunu to enjoy.

Welcome OG reading your story took me back to the same situation i really thought it was just my mother,i ran away at 11 and never returned raised myself ,and am also blessed to be a better person now,,I was always told bac in those days traditional belizean women took there hardships out on there kids,,glad to know somone else can relate but not happy about the experience

Quote Originally Posted by OGTerror View Post
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EfdeIfkFy-...en+la+olla.jpg

5 lbs green corn (weight corn including cob)
    2 tablespoons baking powder
    1 tablespoons salt
    2 stick melted stick butter
    1 can evaporated milk

Start by peeling corn and saving about 3 to 4 husks of each corn; shave off corn from cob. Using your blender make a thick blend off of shaved corn then add condiments. Use corn husk and fill each with prepared corn and wrap. Place some corncobs on bottom of a big pot and pour some salted water over cobs place wrapped tamalitos/ducunu on corn cobs do not make them touch the water. Place pot on medium fire and boil for about one hour and there you should have some hot tamalitos/ducunu to enjoy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-rVIm9KuaZ...BCusqueñas.jpg
    thanks fi di recipe OG.......just in time fi mi easter dinner!!
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks for posting OG - this is so easy I'll have to give it a try.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

OGTerror Guest
    You're all welcome, I'm still working on the videos I shot of me making them. Of course I have to edit and make it interesting by add music, notations and all a that b4 uploading on youtube. As soon as I'm done I'll post the link. Hope it works for you all, if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail.

OGTerror Guest

Tamilto Update Sorry for typo on line 1

There was a typo on line 1 that read weigh corn including cob; I meant not including corn. I fixed.

It would also be a good idea to do some boiled corn/corn on the cub (bile carn) at the same time you make the tamalitos/ducuno. Take 4 or more corn remove only 2 or 3 husks off, place in a pot of water add 3 tea spoons of salt and boil for about an hr. After another hour sitting in pot drain water, peel husk down (not off) and use as holder, take ground pepper, ground habanero much better, mix with salt and use lemons or lime to add to corn. Enjoy.

liv Guest
    hope you one day forgive your mother because if it wouldn't be by her you wouldn't be in the place you are enjoying right now ...with a wonderful wife like your!

OGTerror Guest
    Thank you; but as I stated b4, I am not responsible for my mother's actions, there-for the only one who can forgive her is herself. But, I hope that some day she takes the time to think about the situation, validate the circumstances, and forgives herself for hurting me. All she has to do is truly feel deep down into her heart and say this out loud “I forgive myself for hurting my son Leonardo,”. And I, don't need to hear it.

+ Reply to Thread