Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dream Babes in Trouble Again.......

Another Belizean Guest

Dream Babes in Trouble Again.......

Since the implementation of the new bus system in October, the Ministry of Transport has had no end of problems and complaintsÖ and tonight there is another gripe coming out of the capital. For two years Radiance Thompson has been selling her burgers and pastries at the bus terminal in Belmopan, but with the new routes came new rules and Thompson says that she and other vendors have been barred from going onto the parked buses to sell their products and are now confined to the terminal. Thompson says that move by Minister of Transport Melvin Hulse and Chief Transport Officer Candelaria Zaldivar is affecting her sales and is taking food out of her mouth.

Radiance Thompson, Vendor
    ďSome people cannot come off the bus. They have children, they are afraid their seats will be lost; they donít want to come off the bus. When we get on the bus, thatís ninety percent of our salary right there and you know whatÖ let us be able to go around the bus at least and go home. I have been to Orange Walk, I have been to Corozal, Belize; these three districts I know they can sell on the buses. How come all of a sudden we canít sell and Mr. Hulse says itís dangerous. Dangerous how? Have you heard of an accident happening out there since the bus has beenÖ you know what I am saying? If the taxi man can go out there and solicit, why canít we solicit our burgers, our chips, our drinks? Whatís the matter? Thatís the way I make a living. I am too old to work for someone now, so I decided that I will work for myself. So I believe that itís my right to make a living.Ē

The change in policy has apparently also been instituted in Belize City and Dangriga. When News Five contacted C.E.O. in the Ministry of Transport Colonel George Lovell, he told us in essence that a lot of people are bothered by solicitations and the move was an effort to provide safe and comfortable conditions of travelers.
    Attached Images  

...Gal, Stap Shush!

Radiance is my buddy. She's an excellent Sales Woman and I know that change in policy will affect her terrible. I love her singing on the bus! . I think I will suggest she and I go picket at the terminal.
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

Merciless Guest
    ..yeah...maggy sell some nice burga....nuh fraid fi go eena di bus dem maggy...

Maggy look good.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

mac g Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
    ..yeah...maggy sell some nice burga....nuh fraid fi go eena di bus dem maggy...
    Reply: I am very glad to have met Maggs, she is a true good hearted person. She's got my love and support because i had a chance to see within her soul and i have nothing but love for her. Hey Merciless, i'll be in Belize in April or May with the New MissAmericaBelize group... about 24 of us should be on that trip.... My girl Sherlette Lopez from Noh Matta wat is on our local Belize comitee... See y'all soon!

Merciless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mac g View Post
    Reply: I am very glad to have met Maggs, she is a true good hearted person. She's got my love and support because i had a chance to see within her soul and i have nothing but love for her. Hey Merciless, i'll be in Belize in April or May with the New MissAmericaBelize group... about 24 of us should be on that trip.... My girl Sherlette Lopez from Noh Matta wat is on our local Belize comitee... See y'all soon!
    ...anytime Macg/aka mellowman...u know merciless welcome u anytime...and ah sure maggy would be mo dan glad to see u once again...onli dis time mek sure u keep di dinner date........po maggy had on her 'crindolin' dress ....wuz ready for di occassion....

wow she looks different than I remembered. Good to see her though.
    Don't start none, won't be none!

+ Reply to Thread