Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Breast Cancer

zenflower Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CherriBlossum View Post
    Yeah but that whole deodorant is a croc.....trust...I've done the reasearch and i've given my docs the thrid degree about anything i find....and so far it doesn't hold up.....oh yeah and always get a second opinion....i was told by one doc i had about 6 months which was devastating but because i refused to believe it i haul tail to someone else......
    She said this almost 3 years ago, so I know she's a fighter. Lets keep praying for her you all.

thanks zenn for diggin this up....me and cherrie spent countless hrs chattin and sharing,,,,she exzemplifies the human spirit....she never let it dampen her spirits...we became so close and shared so much that she wudd send me some of her arts dat she said i helped to inspire...many of the arts she posted had some afiliation to something we may have discussed or shared..and even my initials..she is very talented...we were suppose to meet a while bak when i was in cali,but she kept stalling and eventually she told me sikk,,,i dont want u to see mee like this....when she was better she asked me to come back for her sisters wedding...she was happy lots of things were goin right for her..however i was unable to make it...i pray the good man upstairs keeps her in our presence cause i must go visit my friend....ill tink about sharin that last message she shared with me....cause it shows her tru spirits....godspeed cher,.b!!

Cancer is a truley ugly disease. And unfortunatly I have had too many friends and family die from that evilness. So I want to add a couple of thoughts. Don't just stop with mamogram. Even though it's not plesent, once you are in your 40's you should get colonoscopy and endosopy and prostate checks (for men). I have a very dear person who's life was saved because of a endosopy discovered some cancer early enough to save the person's life.

If any peeps serious, how about a Belizean/American ACS Relay for Life?

And men...check your testicles in the shower and feel for bumps.
    Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/belizeans
    Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/belizeans

In this case Zen your research skills sure came in handy. I didn't even think this post still existed.

Yep men need to check too and get their prostate checked. Men don't like things up their butt so they don't go in the numbers that they should. It can save your life.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzzard View Post
    Cancer is a truley ugly disease. And unfortunatly I have had too many friends and family die from that evilness. So I want to add a couple of thoughts. Don't just stop with mamogram. Even though it's not plesent, once you are in your 40's you should get colonoscopy and endosopy and prostate checks (for men). I have a very dear person who's life was saved because of a endosopy discovered some cancer early enough to save the person's life.

If any peeps serious, how about a Belizean/American ACS Relay for Life?
    Docs won't approve colonoscopy until you're 50. And last year there was a furor because AMA or some other medical body said that women under 50 should only get mammograms every couple of years - lone rass.

My mom passed away after being an 18-yr survivor of breast cancer so I've lived with being diligent for many years. And I know first hand the effects because she was with me in our home during her last months right up to the end. Terrible terrible disease! I've gotten a couple scares but thank goodness each time the results were benign. I'm very diligent about mammograms and self-exams.

I've never heard of a specific Belizean/American relay for life group although I'm sure there must be one. For several years now I either walk and raise funds or I donate to my friends who participate every year. The Susan Komen Relay for life is big in my area each year and my entire family participate.

I have a couple of friends who are either survivors or in the case of one entered hospice last week. This is a horrible disease that I wonder if there will ever be a cure. Cancer comes in so many different forms it's almost hard to keep up.

There are so many ways to volunteer though in addition to walking in relay events. It's hard being in the environment and watching the struggles but it's rewarding.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

+ Reply to Thread