Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Whatcha cooking for thanksgiving? Hubby alredy name some stuff. He said, Turkey Breast, Sweet Pot, Mashed Pot, Peas, Dressing, Cranberry sauce. I will add AB'a Macaronni bake and I think I will just stick to that and the apple pie and me done....

I was in the holiday spirit last night so I made some peanut brittle. I have always love that candy. In fact I chipped a tooth on it lol. I made it to a not so hard stage. I let it get to 250 degree instead of 300 so it not too hard, just right and crunchy. I am not posting a pic because ah nuh wah yer how the color nuh right hahahahahah.

You have to use raw peanuts to make it....it is delicious, you can't stap eat it mein.........
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

Another Belizean Guest
    Turkey
    Rice and Beans
    Potatoe Salad
    Macaroni and Cheese
    Yams
    Cornbread w/chicken liver stuffings

Cranberry Sauce

I'm too tired to think of dessert but I'm leaning towards a bread pudding (just gotta pick up the ingredients).

My contribution will be AB's macaroni and cheese and something else that I haven't decided yet.
    I ordered a red velvet cake, I heard they are good.
    Don't start none, won't be none!

Quote Originally Posted by Another Belizean View Post
    Cornbread w/chicken liver stuffings
    Chicken Liver......

The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

Criss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Empress View Post
    I ordered a red velvet cake, I heard they are good.
    they didn't lie to you. red velvet cake is tha bizzomb, my mom is making that this year too. I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and my mother called and told me that my sister-in-law invited a family of 8 (which includes 6 children) for Thanksgiving, so there will be a total of 28 people in my small lee nukku house for thanksgiving.

Our menu usually consist of: turkey, ham, rice and beans, macarroni and cheese, canned yams, stuffing, potato salad, fried zuchini, carrots & squash(really good) and yucky cranberry sauce. For dessert it will be coconut pie, bacardi rum cake, spice cake and red velvet cake. Yes thanksgiving in my family is usually a two day affair as everyone always end up at the house that hosted for Friday leftovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    they didn't lie to you. red velvet cake is tha bizzomb, my mom is making that this year too. I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and my mother called and told me that my sister-in-law invited a family of 8 (which includes 6 children) for Thanksgiving, so there will be a total of 28 people in my small lee nukku house for thanksgiving.

Our menu usually consist of: turkey, ham, rice and beans, macarroni and cheese, canned yams, stuffing, potato salad, fried zuchini, carrots & squash(really good) and yucky cranberry sauce. For dessert it will be coconut pie, bacardi rum cake, spice cake and red velvet cake. Yes thanksgiving in my family is usually a two day affair as everyone always end up at the house that hosted for Friday leftovers.
    canned yams spoil di menu!.....noting like home made candied yams!
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

I'm having cup-a-noodles like Madarass.

Criss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bemetu View Post
    maybe thats what I meant.......I don't do the cooking so

Another Belizean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Babes View Post
    Chicken Liver......

Girl, I hear you but it's "minced" into the stuffings. You do not see it it's flavor. I'm pretty sure I gave up the recipe years ago. I hope no one asks, as I'm so not in the mood. I'm tired already thinking of all that I have to do.

You didn't eat the stuffings when you were here for Thanksgiving? If you did, THAT was it.

Another Belizean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bemetu View Post
    I TOTALLY agree.

Criss, when you get a chance order your red velvet cake from Cakeman Raven's (Brooklyn), it IS the buzzomb. However, you have to order well in advance.

Also, I've never really had a 'bad' red velvet cake. I can't decide which I like better red velvet or carrot.

Another Belizean Guest
    maybe thats what I meant.......I don't do the cooking so
    I hear you 'now' with the typo. You're just a sampler.

Criss Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Belizean View Post
    .....Criss, when you get a chance order your red velvet cake from Cakeman Raven's (Brooklyn), it IS the buzzomb. ......
    yeah I heard about Cakeman Raven.....gotta trod out to BK one weekend and try some. My mom made a red velvet cake for the first time two weeks ago and I was very impressed with it. So I told her to add it to the thanksgiving menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Babes View Post
    Chicken Liver......

Gial, yu neva know dat AB like jewish food? hahahahah

True ting Criss, it's always better the next day and dem know you have left ovas....you did mean candid yams true? canned yams don't get it .....

Another Belizean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitorose View Post
    Gial, yu neva know dat AB like jewish food? hahahahah
    Pate right MR.

+ Reply to Thread