Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Crime in Belize making you cancel your retirement plans?

It sure did. I don't think anyone changed their minds about Belize - well other than dangermousie.

Those that plan on retiring will still retire there and the rest will avoid it.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

dj illmatic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by belizean View Post
    I blame all you Belizeans who left the country (included me). The brain-drain has irreparibly damaged the country. While we have many smart Belizeans who stayed or went back, we have far too many who left for the States and never looked back on poor Belize.
    I totally agree with you surfa. Belize has become what it is because those who had some type of sense left and did not return. What is so funny to me is this. You hear so many horror stories about Belize this and that. What many people donít realize is that Belize is a fairly young country under independent rule. Another thing people fail to realize that under that government Belize had leaders who didnít know a dam thing about running a country driving it more and more to the ground. Belize is experiencing is growing pains every nation has had to endure such. The US China Cuba Russia, you name it. Hopefully with the several intellectuals that the people voted into government, we can now start to provide change. Delegate government funds where needed increase training and pay for law enforcement, created programs for under privilege youth to keep of the street(job-corp), create tougher laws to promote legal immigrations and combat illegal immigration. If you look in the crime sector most crimes are coming from the youth and illegal immigrations from out Central American surrounding neighbors. Also I would hope that all Belizeans living abroad take the opportunity to reinvest into to Belize either by business or return home and aiding in providing a needed service. Belize is about to embark on an industrial revolution, and growth.

Quote Originally Posted by dj illmatic View Post
    I totally agree with you surfa. Belize has become what it is because those who had some type of sense left and did not return. What is so funny to me is this. You hear so many horror stories about Belize this and that. What many people donít realize is that Belize is a fairly young country under independent rule. Another thing people fail to realize that under that government Belize had leaders who didnít know a dam thing about running a country driving it more and more to the ground. Belize is experiencing is growing pains every nation has had to endure such. The US China Cuba Russia, you name it. Hopefully with the several intellectuals that the people voted into government, we can now start to provide change. Delegate government funds where needed increase training and pay for law enforcement, created programs for under privilege youth to keep of the street(job-corp), create tougher laws to promote legal immigrations and combat illegal immigration. If you look in the crime sector most crimes are coming from the youth and illegal immigrations from out Central American surrounding neighbors. Also I would hope that all Belizeans living abroad take the opportunity to reinvest into to Belize either by business or return home and aiding in providing a needed service. Belize is about to embark on an industrial revolution, and growth.
    Life is only what you make it!

Bez Guest
    All this rass start to happen after Belize got it's independance. Belize city used to be one of the safest places to walk at any time at night when they had the british army patrolling. no crime, no nothing....safe safe safe. what went wrong??!!.............

mtb

Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
    All this rass start to happen after Belize got it's independance. Belize city used to be one of the safest places to walk at any time at night when they had the british army patrolling. no crime, no nothing....safe safe safe. what went wrong??!!.............
    so, bring them back?
    Maybe there on the edge is your hope
    But you don't look down,
    Burning eyes can't forgive you
    Howling moon drives on
    And deep in me, Your illusion
    What you see in me.....

bocojeck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bez View Post
    The world was a safer place back then

What went wrong is that the world has become a more dangerous place.

boco

miser Guest
    bez,
    the british army was not patrolling then because they were there for external purpose, but you are right belize was safe very safe and i think the reason was the attitude of the people and also we were our brothers and sisters keeper. after independence "america" came to belize and all hell break loose. (america of course means the culture)

Quote Originally Posted by miser View Post
    bez,
    the british army was not patrolling then because they were there for external purpose, but you are right belize was safe very safe and i think the reason was the attitude of the people and also we were our brothers and sisters keeper. after independence "america" came to belize and all hell break loose. (america of course means the culture)

Actually it was around that same time that Belizeans were able to view TV programming on their tv sets. Cable broadcasting , a service courtesy of
    Baymen cable , was introduced a year earlier.

And so begun the great decline . The corruption of a wonderful people.
    Enjoy The Silence.

WilhelmWaight Guest
    Sorry to hear what happened to your Daughter Dimple .I had to through my Son out of my house because I gave him a task to stay with his sister who is 10 yrs Old and waite with her till my mother in law came home from work 2.5 hrs later an he walk out on my Daughter an left her in the house .it wasn't until my daughter called me at work an said she had just left to go around the corner to check on a friend that I had to prayed that she got back safe .as you may have known by now they are snatching little girls off the street and raping an killng them without mercy .well needless to say my Son knew not show up at my house again an get his educaton on his own ,for I was about to beat the living lites out of him .these people in the US make mistakes such as this an when something happen to there kids then they start wondering what could I have done?an now its too late. I am making sure that i do the best I can to take care of my Daughter an make sure she does not have to go through such a traumatic event in her life an be able to protect herself if neccessary with a 9mm .or its DADDY with a louiville an aShotgun .I know i will not be around all the time but ,if anything happend to my kids i will make sure the person that does harm to them wil never walk this earth again .even if it means me going to jail to meet hem.I pray an hope that your daughter is getting the help needed to get her through this horrible time . an let everone know who he is this way they protect here kids .lot of luv to you an your family.God Bless.
    WCW

Quote Originally Posted by miser View Post
    bez,

Well all of america must be corrupt. What happen to Belize is the crooked politicians who raped the country and sold it to the americans....americans payed, they didn't steal like the pup and udp, oh!

The crime you are seeing now is the reaction of the action of the politicians. Don;'t blame ameria for your own people's fault (pup, udp)
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

i da here fitten to build me house. i like them mennonight jobs. Still looking at more...

amalia Guest

peace

Dr.B How many bedrooms? I would like to get one of those houses to replace the old one.
    Paz YAmor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Buzzard View Post
    i da here fitten to build me house. i like them mennonight jobs. Still looking at more...
    Hey You! I am still waiting for that phone call........hehehehehe
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

Quote Originally Posted by zpania View Post
    Actually it was around that same time that Belizeans were able to view TV programming on their tv sets. Cable broadcasting , a service courtesy of
    Baymen cable , was introduced a year earlier.

And so begun the great decline . The corruption of a wonderful people.
    I agree, Z. The violence seen on TV did have an effect on the crime.

However, we can't overlook the light punishment for those crimes. We also can't overlook the influx of new people bringing bad habits. And don't forget the bad habits brought back by the deportees.

Quote Originally Posted by ro2dawn View Post
    However, we can't overlook the light punishment for those crimes. We also can't overlook the influx of new people bringing bad habits. And don't forget the bad habits brought back by the deportees.

Ayo, dat dah di #1 problem to me.....friggin idiots di bring schtupidness to Belize & di locals di follow afta it.
    Da Belizean Jagwar
    Proverbs 3:5,6 Always
    www.facebook.com/TheEntertainmentBeat

+ Reply to Thread