Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: More Good STuff

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582

    More Good STuff

    I ran out today before the bad weather hit and did my errands. Then I remembered that Strawberry season is almost over. ...so I hurried over to the veggie place and bought a flat of strawberries..that is about 12 pints or 6 quarts.
    Attached Images  
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    I washed them, took the hulls out and washe them again. I didn't loose toom many..just about 8.
    Attached Images  
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    Then ah cook mi jam pet. I got 13 pints or 6 quarts and one pint....cost was 17.00 for the strawberries and suga. I got about 40.00 worth of store jam if I bought the same amount at the store more or less....


    I think I have just enough jars left for my orange marmalade and then ah done fe the year or so....

    I now have the following in my pantry: Cumquat, Guava, Strawberry. I still need blueberry and orange....
    Attached Images  
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  4. #4
    CherriBlossum Guest
    Originally posted by Mosquitorose
    I washed them, took the hulls out and washe them again. I didn't loose toom many..just about 8.

    Those look good but living inna dis area ah tiad ah strawberries....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Riversdale, Belize
    Posts
    4,262
    Originally posted by Mosquitorose
    Then ah cook mi jam pet. I got 13 pints or 6 quarts and one pint....cost was 17.00 for the strawberries and suga. I got about 40.00 worth of store jam if I bought the same amount at the store more or less....
    You gonna send me wa care package?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    Originally posted by Dr Buzzard
    You gonna send me wa care package?
    Nuh, datta too much bloody work and ah bet wifey could learn fe mek it fe yu....hahahahhaah
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    Originally posted by CherriBlossum
    Those look good but living inna dis area ah tiad ah strawberries....
    But Cherrie, is the season all year? our season is over just about now and then you won't have fresh strawberries another year. I will buy another flat in a couple days and those I will slice, sugar and freeze to make ice cream with or whatever. I can still get the strawberries from cali..but cho ...I;m not paying...

    Cherri, with my jam, you could make tarts, put on ice cream and jam roll gial....all kinda maddarass lol....gial my jam is nice...the house smell divine...company should come now and ask me what candle ah di bunn tru? hahahaha
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    Massive storm di come ...eh done staat and one ah di pussy daag di bawl...so ah wah tek him to the back and put ahn sherlock holmes (Hound of the Baskerville) and chill....ah di get off dis pc now.....nite all...
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Riversdale, Belize
    Posts
    4,262
    Originally posted by Mosquitorose
    Nuh, datta too much bloody work and ah bet wifey could learn fe mek it fe yu....hahahahhaah
    You just mean yukno?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    Originally posted by Dr Buzzard
    You just mean yukno?

    No mein, ah nuh mean...but you know wat? me have a latta man fren and dem all want jam...so if ah give one, ah hav fe give to all and that is fair tru? so ah nuh give to none. And dem all hav wife, why di wife nuh mek it? if I can, they can...cho!
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  11. #11
    rockview Guest

    Rosy

    Rosy,
    Strawberries in Belize are very expensive. I do love strawberry jams.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582

    Re: Rosy

    Originally posted by rockview
    Rosy,
    Strawberries in Belize are very expensive. I do love strawberry jams.
    I imagine that they are Rocky....but belize has the perfect climate for strawberries, blueberries, grapes....if one had just a little yard they could plant these and make some money....

    The flat or 6 quarts that is one and a half gallon cost 14.00 and that would be 28.00 in bleize....

    Cho, anybody who has some land dah bush could make a good living ...just raising chicken for eggs and planting things that could turn a profit...and if yu nuh greedy and sell reasonable, you would be fine....

    My granny had a custard mango tree and every year she would cound those mangos and she had special cusotmers who would buy them. See? there are all kinds of ways....
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    BELIZE
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Re: Rosy

    Originally posted by Mosquitorose
    I imagine that they are Rocky....but belize has the perfect climate for strawberries, blueberries, grapes....if one had just a little yard they could plant these and make some money....

    The flat or 6 quarts that is one and a half gallon cost 14.00 and that would be 28.00 in bleize....

    Cho, anybody who has some land dah bush could make a good living ...just raising chicken for eggs and planting things that could turn a profit...and if yu nuh greedy and sell reasonable, you would be fine....

    My granny had a custard mango tree and every year she would cound those mangos and she had special cusotmers who would buy them. See? there are all kinds of ways....
    You serious MR? I didn't have the slightest idea that grapes and strawberries could be grown in Belize. Lately, I have been seeing strawberries at the Belmopan Market but they are from Mexico. They come packaged in little plastic containers and cost about Bz$15 for about a pound. As for the grapes, I'm not sure we can grow those here either? I am aware that the Taiwanese were growing them but I think they were done under an agricultural project and they did not taste or look like the grapes we usually get at the supermarket.

    What is custard mango?
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Posts
    7,582
    DB, the climate in Belize is perfect. Grapes grow in Cali...yu neva see the grapes that Mellow grow inna eh yaad? Here in Florida we grow Strawberries and Cali grow them too...all these can grow in belize my pa used to grow grapes inna granny yaad mein.

    Anyway, I belive that my granny owed the only custard mango tree in Belize. Hurricane Hatti destroyed it, a sad loss. She use to sell those mangos for shilling lol. The mangos are big and have a very small flat seed and absolutely no hair whatsoever and taste like heaven gial. I have no idea if there is another name for them. I remember taking an order to the Majares family for her and I just ate a whole one by myself on the way. I still got the same money hahahahahah...dem neva know and happy fe get even two mango oh.....ahhahahaha
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

  15. #15
    rockview Guest

    nature

    Rosy and Dream Babes,
    Everything that comes from the ground and grows is good for you. I just visited a woman with terminal breast cancer.

    I'm wondering what kind of food she sould eat now during her final days. I know natures' foods are rich in anti oxidants.

    I understand that there is a Cancer Society in Belmopan but don't have their address.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts