Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: New Here...

who really gives a crap? People speak up on what they want, when Mellow used to talk the dirtiest, most horrible stuff about Garifuna people on here, most if not all just sat and watched. If she can't hang, let her go, this is the way of belizeans.com!

And the thing is she wasn't even attacked badly, whenever issues of race are discussed on this board people want to shut people up instead of have a real discussion.
    Don't start none, won't be none!

CherriBlossum Guest

Re: mtb

Originally posted by menoh
    now we could well se that belize no suffa from race and color problem, but you know that is bullshyt. maybe it is not as apparent because our population is small, but it does exist, and I have seen it nuff times.

now i wonder if whitegial was a blackman with a white girl, if this thread would have come out different. or maybe y'all (and i am being general here) woulda accuse the poor bwai of turning his back pon his "sistahs" in favor of a white girl.

I maybe wrong here since i took a backseat for most of it...but to me it's not her being white and with a black man..it's the way she presented it.....trying too hard to be down when really she came across like a typical white woman when they think that they got someting you want......that's just my take on it....her tone from the very start rubbed me wrong but like i said i was determine to behave....i knew it was only a matter of time before the eruption and i was right...it's all about presentation in my eyes.....

mtb

i think she tried to show she does have a thick skin, when in reality she doesn't, maybe trying to imitate belizean women, so she could fit in? i don't know...
    when it comes to race, we are never too sure about anything, and these days making generalizations about any race is bad. so to simply say that belizean men are this way, or all white women are the other way is a serious error. it is easy to lock people up into a stereotype.
    Maybe there on the edge is your hope
    But you don't look down,
    Burning eyes can't forgive you
    Howling moon drives on
    And deep in me, Your illusion
    What you see in me.....

Another Belizean Guest
    Originally posted by Dream Babes
    PERCEPTION! PERCEPTION! PERCEPTION!

Ain't nothing like foreign women treating our men any different....its the difference in Culture....the difference in the way we talk to our men, the tone, the approach......belizean women are upfront to the point, take it or leave it. Personally, I ain't working my a$$ off and taking care of any man . Foreign women tend to be sweetie, baby, please, thank you...Men perceive that as bad vs good.....

Men perceive the American lifestyle, fast food, brand beers as the "best" of living........and these foreign women represents that lifestyle, a different way of living, the "best" way to live.......its not the usual everyday life that he is use to, the one his mother or grandmother raised him up on......its the "best" life that they perceive is the BEST!

Foreign women having a good time in Belize represents the "RICH" life, money to fly to Belize, money to spend on hotels, money to take care of themselves........belizean men perceive this as the "Rich" life...not the life where the Belizean women have to work their butt off to even afford an overnight stay in Chetumal or to shop in Melchor....its the "good" life vs the "bad" life......

PERCEPTION! PERCEPTION! No matter what us Belizean Women do, we will always represent "The Life of Struggles" and the Foreign women will represent "The Life of Hope" ......its not only a man thing, we women in Belize do it too......UNTIL we are in the shoe!!! Some come out better off, some come out worst off.....Its what we make of IT!!!

SO! I am not going to wait on any man to LOVE ME! I LOVE myself, empower myself and do my thing........ Men are simple creatures, most only need a STRONG WOMAN to rule them and GROOM them. hehehehehehehe
    That's deep!

CherriBlossum Guest

Re: mtb

Originally posted by menoh
    i think she tried to show she does have a thick skin, when in reality she doesn't, maybe trying to imitate belizean women, so she could fit in? i don't know...
    when it comes to race, we are never too sure about anything, and these days making generalizations about any race is bad. so to simply say that belizean men are this way, or all white women are the other way is a serious error. it is easy to lock people up into a stereotype.

I simply gave my take on how she came off...never inteding to sterotype anyone.......she did that on her own....she placed herself in that stereotype all on her own....but like i said what do i know...... .......

cayogial21 Guest
    WG no gan no way yer

Re: Re: mtb

Originally posted by CherriBlossum
    I simply gave my take on how she came off...never inteding to sterotype anyone.......she did that on her own....she placed herself in that stereotype all on her own....but like i said what do i know...... .......
    you're right, by her name alone and her little story

then to derive from the discussion that people are bitter and jealous
    Don't start none, won't be none!

...that is what i found so incredulous...

but the dust on my boots and the rythm of my feet and my heart say africa - vusi mahlasela

+ Reply to Thread