Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Movie Review

Quote Originally Posted by bzegirl View Post
    Some see racist theme in alien adventure 'Avatar'

Strange as it may seem for a film that pits greedy, immoral humans against noble denizens of a faraway moon, "Avatar" is being criticized by a small but vocal group of people who allege it contains racist themes the white hero once again saving the primitive natives.
    people will always find any goddamn reason to make a fuss, seems you cannot even fart these days without their being some racial implications....God I hate the PC world...
    Maybe there on the edge is your hope
    But you don't look down,
    Burning eyes can't forgive you
    Howling moon drives on
    And deep in me, Your illusion
    What you see in me.....

Quote Originally Posted by chranic View Post
    see deh. dat dah dih sense ah mih get. white america dih run tings even eena deh time. now dat ah tink bout it ah see white pipple and blue pipple eena dah movie but ah no recall ah see any black pipple.
    ok I needed a good laugh today and both u and Z provided it.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

chranic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zpania View Post
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.
    no worries z. we dih try haad. but fih some ah we dih shackles pon we mind thick no raas. fih real.

chranic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by menoh View Post
    people will always find any goddamn reason to make a fuss, seems you cannot even fart these days without their being some racial implications....God I hate the PC world...
    bwoi menoh. cyaful wit deh faat noh.

Even the Vatican is upset. Cameron will have to chant 10 hail mary's.

VATICAN CITY - "Avatar" is wooing audiences worldwide with visually dazzling landscapes and nature-loving blue creatures. But the Vatican is no easy crowd to please.

The Vatican newspaper and radio station are criticizing James Cameron's 3-D blockbuster for flirting with the idea that worship of nature can replace religion — a notion the pope has warned against. They call the movie a simplistic and sappy tale, despite its awe-inspiring special effects.

"Not much behind the images" was how the Vatican newspaper, L'Osservatore Romano, summed it up in a headline.

Nature should be worshipped, it is the place we survive in and not effing religion....
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

i think the pope should spend more time giving some of those millions in collection money to the suffering poor, and stop worry if he is gonna be out of a job soon
    But you don't look down,
    Howling moon drives on
    What you see in me.....

I saw two DVDs:

Law Abiding Citizen: Jamie Foxx stars the role of a DA who likes to win trials at any cost. Now he's the target of a victim whose wife and child was brutally murdered. Great film A-

Couples Retreat: Vince Vaughn bombed on this one. Snorefest!! Four friends (couples) visit a vacation resort to get their partnership back on track. Turns out to be booooring.
    Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/belizeans
    Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/belizeans

Saw Saw VI, not bad. That opening scene is sick, sick, sick. I think this is the first time I had to turn my head away from the TV set because of the gore level.

I also saw District 9. A waste of money.
    Enjoy The Silence.

O saw the Percy Jackson LIghtning thief one....avoid it at all costs....bad writing and bad acting
    But you don't look down,
    Howling moon drives on
    What you see in me.....

Princess Guest
    My son and his cousin (12 & 15) enjoyed Lightning Thief. We saw The valentine's Movie meanwhile. Now that's a cute movie. wouldn't mind watching it again. Funny as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by belizean View Post
    I saw two DVDs:

Law Abiding Citizen: Jamie Foxx stars the role of a DA who likes to win trials at any cost. Now he's the target of a victim whose wife and child was brutally murdered. Great film A-

Couples Retreat: Vince Vaughn bombed on this one. Snorefest!! Four friends (couples) visit a vacation resort to get their partnership back on track. Turns out to be booooring.
    I saw both of these at the movie theater and agree with your rating. I bought Law Abiding Citizen on blue ray. Speaking of blue ray - Belizean or rosy, unnu know if there is a program that would copy in blue ray? Would my current software work and I'd just have to buy the blue ray discs? Or, you need special software for that?

We were going to watch the Percy Lightning movie but my daughter wasn't interested. I want to see the Valentine movie -chick flick.

Started watching the Hurt Locker last night - on DVD. So far it's really good. The director won the British Academy awards and she's been nominated for an Oscar. If she wins she'll be the first female.

Quote Originally Posted by bzegirl View Post
    I saw both of these at the movie theater and agree with your rating. I bought Law Abiding Citizen on blue ray. Speaking of blue ray - Belizean or rosy, unnu know if there is a program that would copy in blue ray? Would my current software work and I'd just have to buy the blue ray discs? Or, you need special software for that?
    Yes, AnyDVD copies Blueray movies.

I bought a new 55" Samsung LED HD 1080p tv and the Olympics looks great in HD!!! (They threw in a free Blueray player)
    Friend us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/belizeans
    Tweet us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/belizeans

zenflower Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by belizean View Post
    Yes, AnyDVD copies Blueray movies.

I bought a new 55" Samsung LED HD 1080p tv and the Olympics looks great in HD!!! (They threw in a free Blueray player)
    Where did you buy your flat screen? I've been shopping around for one at a good deal, but the free blueray player deal sounds good.

+ Reply to Thread