Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Belize's Cabinet

mahogany sister Guest

Belize's Cabinet

It is my hope that the Cabinet of Belize truly represents the Country of Belize and every district have a member represented in the Cabinet.....I hope the City ministers are not the ones dominating the Cabinet...the country of Belize have been washed over with a red tide and every one wants a voice....but I am so confident that the new PM will find a way!

One thing the new government must be cognizant of is the reality is that we know is that PUP is like the devils workshop and idleness will open mass opportunity to unleash the propaganda machinery and they know how to twist and turn the truth, so UDP must put forth a machinery to offset this. I know they They should anticipate it and while they try desperately to hide the millions of dollars stolen from tax payers.

mahogany sister Guest
    sorry for the messed up ending all you English critics

I was saying one think I know for the time being they will be busy trying to hide the millions of tax payers money stolen from the country and the citizens........

A couple positions have already be declared with the rest coming tomorrow. As of right now:

Carlos Perdomo- Minister of Home Affairs and Police

Deputy Prime Minister Gaspar Vega- Minister of Lands and Natural Resources

Patrick Faber- Minister of Education

cookiegirl Guest

Re: Belize's Cabinet

Originally posted by mahogany sister
    It is my hope that the Cabinet of Belize truly represents the Country of Belize and every district have a member represented in the Cabinet.....I hope the City ministers are not the ones dominating the Cabinet...the country of Belize have been washed over with a red tide and every one wants a voice....but I am so confident that the new PM will find a way!

One thing the new government must be cognizant of is the reality is that we know is that PUP is like the devils workshop and idleness will open mass opportunity to unleash the propaganda machinery and they know how to twist and turn the truth, so UDP must put forth a machinery to offset this. I know they They should anticipate it and while they try desperately to hide the millions of dollars stolen from tax payers.
    i agree with you..representation is needed from all districts. Its been a few days and already the radio waves were sounding with complaints about bounce checks from the goverment. Seems the money is all but dried up.....and seems a lot were issued promised dollars before election.

I still have faith that these guys can get the ball rolling and keep it that way..

New UDP Cabinet announced...........

Here are some:

Dean Barrow - PM and Minister of Finance

Gaspar Vega - Deputy PM and Minister of Natural Resources and the Environment

Erwin Contreras - Economic Development, Commerce, Industry and Consumer Protection

Rene Montero - Agriculture and Fisheries
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

More.......

John Saldivar - Public Service, Elections and Boundaries and Governance

Patrick Faber - Education

Anthony Boots Martine - Works

Michael Finnegan - Housing and Urban Development

Manuel Heredia - Tourism and Civil Aviation

Wilfred Sedi Elrington - Attorney General and Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
    The Will of God will never take you to where the Grace of God will not PROTECT you...

more......

Melvin Hulse - Public Utilities, NEMO and Transport

Eden Martinez - Human Development and Human Transformation

Marcel Cardona - Youth, Sports and Culture

Gabriel Martinez - Labour, Local Government and Rural Dev.

Carlos Perdomo - National Security

Pablo Marin - Health

MINISTER OF STATE (DEPUTY):

Michael Hutchinson - Labour, Local Government and Rural Dev.

Elvin Penner - Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment

Edmund Castro - Works

Arthur Roches - Health

Juan Coy - Human Development and Social Transformation

Hmmm... I am concerned that Salvador Fernandez as a Senior Member of the UDP and former Minister was not given a portfolio, BUT.........lets see........

I also notice that all elected reps in the city were assigned full ministerial duties.....just some concerns.......

Some other announcements:

Cabinet Secretary - James Murphy

CEO Office of PM - AUdrey Wallace
    CEO Natural Resources - David Gibson
    CEO Economic Development - Shermain Hyde
    CEO Public Service - Charles Gibson
    Financial Secretary - Joseph Waight
    CEO Ministry of Works - Cadet Henderson
    CEO Education - David Leacock
    CEO Ministry of Labour - Marian McNab
    CEO Health - Peter Allen

Consultant, Ministry of Finance - Carla Barnett
    Senior Adviser with Ministerial Rank - Dr. Manuel Esquivel

Some Senators:

Douglas Singh
    Juliet Thimbrel
    Deborah Mcmillian
    Pulcheria Teul

Speaker of the House - Emil Arguelles

Originally posted by Dream Babes
    Hmmm... I am concerned that Salvador Fernandez as a Senior Member of the UDP and former Minister was not given a portfolio, BUT.........lets see........

I also notice that all elected reps in the city were assigned full ministerial duties.....just some concerns.......
    As much as I like Salva, he's a bit of a loose cannon and I'm sure Mr. Barrow took that into consideration. Remember that trouble he and Dito Juan got into some time ago? The UDP doesn't need that right now. I think Mr. Barrow made excellent choices.

Originally posted by madarass
    As much as I like Salva, he's a bit of a loose cannon and I'm sure Mr. Barrow took that into consideration. Remember that trouble he and Dito Juan got into some time ago? The UDP doesn't need that right now. I think Mr. Barrow made excellent choices.
    True...its the fact that he is a "loose cannon" that worries me, cause up until yesterday, he was dead-set that he would get a Ministry and now this announcement kinda have me worrried that he would make a "Big" thing out of it...but maybe he has matured over the last 10 years

bushman Guest
    belize has a fresh start and keep the vibes positive and put the past in the history books and go forward.
    i heard the comments about quitar but that applied to the greedy inside GUYS, let them fry but that is less then 1% of 1% and don't make it big news, give them a chance to do what is right.
    see how the first 100 day honeymoon goes then make adjustments and try to keep things positive and not complain about the baad situation left.
    don't beat yourselves up and be your own enemy.

FIX the ROADs

mahogany sister Guest
    Okay my only concern with all this is that I am seeing some old heads back in some same ole positions whose job is to create change the people want.....hmmmmmmm and identifiable nepotism the PM said he would stay away from.....

Time to retire the old stock and start looking for some qualified educated people who will challenge the status quo. The worst thing a politician can do is to surround himself with YES men and people....you want people who will let you know, respectfully, hey we might want to change things!

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result! Using the same people run the same ministeries and exepecting a different results might signal a loss 5 years from now!!!

Anyway, I trust the PM will do his best for Belize!

Originally posted by bushman

FIX the ROADs

PUP shoulda done that over the past 10 years. How come you weren't hollering that before?

Originally posted by mahogany sister
    Okay my only concern with all this is that I am seeing some old heads back in some same ole positions whose job is to create change the people want.....hmmmmmmm and identifiable nepotism the PM said he would stay away from.....

Time to retire the old stock and start looking for some qualified educated people who will challenge the status quo. The worst thing a politician can do is to surround himself with YES men and people....you want people who will let you know, respectfully, hey we might want to change things!

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result! Using the same people run the same ministeries and exepecting a different results might signal a loss 5 years from now!!!

Anyway, I trust the PM will do his best for Belize!
    Expecting different results than who, the PUP? Of course there will be different results. Mind you, Belize was a thriving nation under the last UDP government. The cost of living was much lower, crime was down, sports flourished, and there was advancement in infrastructure. I'm not saying the last UDP government was perfect but in my opinion they were effective. Barrow has weeded out a few bad eggs and this is why Salva didn't get a ministry. The one guy I really like who is an honorable young Belizean is Patrick Faber and putting him in charge of education was a great move.

+ Reply to Thread