Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Belize in Pics Series: Halloween in San Pedro

mercury Guest
    I have lived in 4 different places in Belize already, and so far the only two places that take Halloween seriously are San Pedro and Orange Walk.

I can't speak for this year in Orange Walk, but usually the kids go on one massive trick-or-treating. The smaller ones during the day (they contact business establishments and select private homes beforehand) and the bigger kids go out at night. Before the night trick-or-treating, there is a rather large night parade, where everyone (teens and adults) are in costumes and vehicles and floats are decorated with lights and 'scary' decorations. A couple days before Halloween, the local highschools that have their Halloween Fair would parade through the streets of Orange Walk.

In San Pedro, there's no Halloween Parade, but the kids were all over town. I gave bags of assorted candy to over a hundred little kid on behalf of my company (people, possibly local newspapers, were taking pics so no one else wanted to do it lol). It was fun.

Another Belizean Guest
    Originally posted by sweet_lime
    ...and i still can't get over you can't get over belize does halloween.... ..........
    What year this started? I bet you most members of the board never heard of halloween whille residing in Belize. Just saying.

The San Pedro pics reminded me of how it's done here. I like the girl in the taxi outfit best. I couldn't get over the pets too, especially since a co-worker brought in the the outfits she bought for her dog. One was $30. Petsmart had a huge party that day, I found it hilarious.

I guess with all the tourists and such San Pedro's got it full blown. Looked like a lot of fun.

SISTA D Guest
    I don't remember celebrating halloween in belize.

Originally posted by Another Belizean
    What year this started? I bet you most members of the board never heard of halloween whille residing in Belize. Just saying.
    mee nuh know bout most members...me nuh eeven KNOW di members...hahaha...

anyways, i attended catholic school and we always celebrated halloween...maybe the nuns took back customs/traditions they had been exposed to in their years of training outside belize... ....WHAT now...yu wah know weh YEAR ah staat school...?
    but the dust on my boots and the rythm of my feet and my heart say africa - vusi mahlasela

anyways, i attended catholic school and we always celebrated halloween...maybe the nuns took back customs/traditions they had been exposed to in their years of training outside belize... ....WHAT now...yu wah know weh YEAR ah staat school...?
    Did you ride your broom to the party cunt?

shet up you vulgar HO.

but the dust on my boots and the rythm of my feet and my heart say africa - vusi mahlasela

Shut up you drunken ho.

mercury Guest
    Ahhh... I can feel the love

Merciless Guest
    Originally posted by Another Belizean

...da joke u ah joke?....ah kno seh ah nuh as ole as mosquitorose...but inna my days ...we used to mek mask outta brown paper bag..juk out some hole fu di eye....colour the bag wid all kinna rass....use a bed sheet fi cloak.....cho..we were creative in those days..now, everything is ready made...

Another Belizean Guest
    I don't either SL, I was 'just saying'.

I would just like to know WHAT YEAR Belize does Halloween started? That's all, nada mas.

merciless stap lie nuh man? Dayum, you know you wasn't celebrating halloween, you was just tryna disguise yo'self from all the girlz you were chasing and didn't wanna get recognized.

...well sarri me can't cite what year cause it was DEFINITELY before my time ...

but i asked my AUNTIE, as in my MA sista, and she tell me bout how they use to go thru their ma and pa closet and come up with disguises LOL.... for functions at school....so dah long time dat...

LOL @ merciless with ih paper bag... ...those were the days....

Bez Guest
    I remember halloween in san pedro since I was a little girl, every year it was a big big party. The pet ones were cute and had never seen that in san pedro. Back inna my days they only had potlicka and nobody wouldda spend money dressing up dem potlicka, but times had change. I personally love the pets, although I don't think the pets love it, they no look too happy inna di costumes.

belizeanhotty Guest
    Love the pet parade. I've never been to SP. I hope they have one fi Valentines when I plan to visit.

We used to have Halloween parties and even a parade in Coro when I was in HS in the 90ies.

I grew up in Kings Park area, ever since i was a boy, halloween was always very big there. I use to look forward to it.
    Don't cry because it's over.. .Smile because it happened.

+ Reply to Thread