Thread: September Celebrations Pictures - 2006/2007

Lanigi Guest
    Loved it

dangerm0use Guest
    any photos from belize city?

mercury Guest
    Originally posted by dangerm0use
    any photos from belize city?
    Monwa has uploaded the ones she took under the thread 'Carnival 2007'. As soon as I get pics from other parts of Belize (Belize City included) I will post them. But, I imagine, most people wanna rest right now and not post pics

mercury Guest
    Added over 30 pics to OW Carnival 2006. I found some pics I forgot I had

mercury Guest
    UPDATE:

* I added a couple more pics to the Corozal 2007 Independence Parade.

* Will add few from OW's 2007 Carnival. I will add lots more by next week. My other OW contact is experiencing some delays.

* Should get pics of Caye Caulker's 2007 Independence Parade soon. My contact their experiencing delays as well.

* Bad news from Independence. My contact reported that during the entire parade it either rained or drizzled and his camera isn't waterproof. So no Independence, Stann Creek pics this year.

* Still waiting to hear from Belize City, Belmopan, Benque Viejo del Carmen, San Ignacio, and Punta Gorda.

mercury Guest
    ORANGE WALK 2007 CARNIVAL (PART 1)**

(Pics courtesy takeurvitaminz)

**NOTE: THE SECOND SET OF PICS FOR OW CARNIVAL 2007 WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THIS SET, BUT AS A SEPARATE POST LATER ON!

mercury Guest
    Yay! PG pulls thru! Here comes some PG Parade Pics (sans 21st parade... coming soon!)

mercury Guest
    PUNTA GORDA 2007 ST. GEORGE'S CAYE DAY PARADE

(Pics courtesy Clark-Peterek)

mercury Guest
    PUNTA GORDA 2007 CHILDREN'S RALLY PARADE

(Pics courtesy Clark-Peterek)

mercury Guest
    Few pics of PG 2007 Independence Parade & Belize City 2007 Carnival follow. Hopefully I'll get some more pics soon.

mercury Guest
    PUNTA GORDA 2007 INDEPENDENCE PARADE

(Pics courtesy JeffInBelize & Clark-Peterek)

mercury Guest
    BELIZE CITY 2007 CARNIVAL**

(Pics courtesy Belize-y Livin', Tony Rath, & Scott W Schmidt)

** Eventhough some of the pics are copyrighted 2006, they are indeed of the 2007 Carnival Road March

Merciless Guest
    nice pics Mercury...we once had a 'resident photographer' on the site (DB) but it seems like belizean 'fired' her afta he wanted to pay her in 'kind' aka 'cunt_ry pay'.... keep on posting more pics of Belize dude.....ah even caught a glimpse of Madarass lee gyal fren from Patchakan and her 'tacos' stall inna di Corozal park pics.... ....BTW, seems as if though 'Rambo Town' da still di best place fi the September celebrations......

mercury Guest
    Originally posted by Merciless
    BTW, seems as if though 'Rambo Town' da still di best place fi the September celebrations......
    Yes, they seem to always try to outdo other places. Thing is that, unlike Belize City, the people in OW who get involved in carnival are people who have money (ministers' wives and what not). In the process of trying to win as best carnival band (more for pride and not for money that they don't need - and OW people have too much pride as is), they really bring out some very extravagant floats and costumes.

No wonder all of my contacts (read: friends) all wanna go to OW to capture pics of September Celebrations there. When it's all over they claim that they have delays (read: got drunk to rass and have hang over fi days) or are experiencing technical difficulties (read: I got drunk and noh know weh di rass the camera deh)

As soon as I get more pics, I will post them. Glad y'all enjoy

Another Belizean Guest
    I'm glad to see ANY pics of Belize. I just saved a bundle on travel expenses.

+ Reply to Thread