Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   

Remove Text Formatting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Belizean soldier da Iraq fraid eh mama wah get deported!

Originally posted by belizisimo
    i respect yu plenty maskita. i was raised to always respec mi elders.

but, pet, da no so di social security fund works. da no whe yu put een yu get out.

for the record, social security estimates that illegals contribute an estimated $6 billion to $7 billion A YEAR to the fund [which they cannot ever get credit for] and another $1.5billion in medicare taxes [again that they cant get credit for]. this happens because many are using made-up SSNs or false papers.

because of the large number of people of your generation who are retiring, there are fewer people contributing to the fund, which is what causes the perilous shortfall. and that's why it's helpful to have the contributions from illegals [who are mostly of working age].

so next time yu see wah illegal pan di street di fix di sidewalk, tenk ah fu help pay into the social security fund and fu help buy yu drawers.
    Bel, there is much more to the story than that mein. They may contribute a lot but they also take a lot .....and ah done tell yu mi nuh depend on SS....so if dem pull it, it's ok...and mi wear panty nuh drawers lol..

Now mekka a get pan another box....wat else is draining the SS fund? All the Welfare scams dats wat. ...and nuh even mek ah go deh....
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

Originally posted by Another Belizean
    Exactly.
    So we should have an amensty every 15 years? Because what's going to stop new illegals from coming in after this 20 million get legal status?

Another Belizean Guest
    Originally posted by belizean
    So we should have an amensty every 15 years? Because what's going to stop new illegals from coming in after this 20 million get legal status?
    I didn't say that.

My concern/sympathy is for those that came to the US as children (no choices), and are now adults with absolutely no ties to the countries to which they were born. Again, as long as they have not committed a crime.

mahogany sister Guest
    that is what i am saying too....can they realistically deport 12 million people...it would be an economic nightmare to say the least apart from a social injustice....

Strengthen the border, make the laws tough but give the people who have worked and contributed a chance.

See a double standard exists. If America really wanted to tighten those borders, the most powerful and richest country in the world can, but they know these people provide a service most Americans are unwilling to do, so under political pressure they give the guise that they are truly serious! Please....

So is amnesty the solution? That seems to be what I'm hearing from the pro-immigrant crowd.

What amount of illegals got their papers from the last amnesty. Anyone have those numbers?

Seems like there will always be kids being brought illegally and grow up to be adults. So as Belizean asked: should there be amnesty every 15 or so years?
    Success is Journey... not a Destination

belizisimo Guest
    Originally posted by bzegirl
    So is amnesty the solution? That seems to be what I'm hearing from the pro-immigrant crowd.

What amount of illegals got their papers from the last amnesty. Anyone have those numbers?

Seems like there will always be kids being brought illegally and grow up to be adults. So as Belizean asked: should there be amnesty every 15 or so years?
    da di anti-immigrant crowd keep referring to "amnesty."
    they use the term because they've turned it into a negative reference.

i'm not arguing for or against illegal immigration, here. americans should decide this issue unemotionally and with honesty. look at the economics and devise a fix that makes sense for the country.

but what has happened in recent months is that the argument has become a veiled substitute for racism. i believe that if these were white pipple here illegally there would be far less fuss.

the immigration argument is bringing out the worst tendencies in people. it's ugly.

Ah hope amenesty never happen again, its just a reward for breaking the laws. Ah hate republicans with a passion, but this is one time i think they got it right in killing that bill.
    I know some cruffy that come here just to have there babies, I often wonder why they do that. Is there some benifit later in life that they are looking for thru these kids? Does anyone know why they do it?
    Don't cry because it's over.. .Smile because it happened.

Originally posted by David 13

I know some cruffy that come here just to have there babies, I often wonder why they do that. Is there some benifit later in life that they are looking for thru these kids? Does anyone know why they do it?

The reason is the same one as when Jochebed instructed her daughter Miriam to put baby Moses in a basket and place it in the river . The reason is the same as why we send our teenagers off to college: For a better future.
    Enjoy The Silence.

mahogany sister Guest
    Ah hope amenesty never happen again, its just a reward for breaking the laws. Ah hate republicans with a passion, but this is one time i think they got it right in killing that bill.
    if u forgot, it was the republican president pushing the bill! unu figit that issue is immigration...like I said before american do not distinquish between legal or illegal, as far as they concern, we are all here taking their jobs and benefits....so nuh think u superior than anybady!

Big props to Mayor Bloomberg

The New York Sun

August 14, 2007 edition

Immigrants Drive City, Mayor Says

By JILL GARDINER
    Staff Reporter of the Sun
    August 14, 2007

Mayor Bloomberg is taking on presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and others who've said the federal government should slash funding for cities that don't strictly enforce immigration laws.

"Boy, let them come," Mr. Bloomberg said yesterday when asked about Mr. Romney's recent remarks denouncing New York as a "sanctuary city" for illegal immigrants.

While Mr. Bloomberg declined to criticize Mr. Romney or anyone else by name, he said: "I can't think of any laboratory that shows better why you need a stream of immigrants than New York City."

The mayor pointed to New York's low crime rate and its thriving economy as evidence the city is doing something right.

"If that isn't example enough as to why you need immigrants coming in, I don't know what to tell anybody," Mr. Bloomberg said. "If they don't believe that immigrants add a heck of a lot more than they cost they just aren't looking at the numbers."

According to a published report, Mr. Romney criticized his GOP rival, Mayor Giuliani, for running a "sanctuary city" when he was in office. New York allows illegal immigrants access to city services without repercussions, but it has a policy of reporting those caught for criminal activity to the federal government and is not a so-called sanctuary city.

In response to Mr. Romney, Mr. Giuliani, who is unveiling his immigration platform today, shot back that New York had the lowest number of per capita illegal immigrants of any major city. Mr. Bloomberg, a possible 2008 presidential candidate, has said deporting the country's 12 million illegal immigrants would be impossible. He's proposed a national identification card for those legally working.

Meanwhile, the mayor and the City Council speaker, Christine Quinn, yesterday announced initiatives to improve the city's ailing middle schools.

The initiatives, which stem from a report Ms. Quinn commissioned, will be paid for with $5 million in new city funding. The money will go toward several programs, including expanding Regents-level courses, adding professional development for teachers, and creating a director of middle school initiatives.

Noticeably absent was an agreement to reduce class size -- something the council has pushed for in the past.
    Enjoy The Silence.

You know what I find amazing? Not that we're finally debating a controversial topic without being too uncivilized to each other, but that Mellow didn't come in and frig up the topic with Mosquitorose. Dem two mussy di get soft! Or da meet up time and he's on his best behavior until the pictures are posted?

Another Belizean Guest
    .......I know some cruffy that come here just to have there babies, I often wonder why they do that. Is there some benifit later in life that they are looking for thru these kids? Does anyone know why they do it?
    I would like to know also. I know this family living in Belize with 4 children and all but the oldest was born in the US (in her 7 and 8 months she came to the US just to gave birth) and then returned back to Belize. I have no idea the purpose, as they have no intentions of living in the US.

Re: "I have no idea the purpose, as they have no intentions of living in the US."

Gyal, do fi god sake! Nuh mek nobody yer yuh. Multiply the cost of that birth by millions and you'll begin to understand why hospitals are closing.

Originally posted by belizean
    You know what I find amazing? Not that we're finally debating a controversial topic without being too uncivilized to each other, but that Mellow didn't come in and frig up the topic with Mosquitorose. Dem two mussy di get soft! Or da meet up time and he's on his best behavior until the pictures are posted?
    Well listen to instaigata hahhahahaha.....yu bet eh deh pan eh bess behaviour wen eh di ignore me nuh di call me one ho to the nexx....dah damn snake di heng low....hahahahahah but wat sweet mi more dan anything is the play eh di put pan AB ahahahahhahahaha....oh lawd mekka go dah bathroom hahahahah
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

"Young Americans in our cities are massacred" by illegal immigrants."

Gingrich 'sickened' with Bush, Congress

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Tuesday he is "sickened" that President Bush and Congress went on vacation "while young Americans in our cities are massacred" by illegal immigrants.

[ Submit your comments below. ]

Gingrich, who is considering a run for the White House, was referring to a recent crime in Newark, N.J., where three college students were murdered execution style in a school playground.

One of the suspects -- Jose Lachira Carranza -- is an illegal immigrant from Peru who was on bail on charges of raping a child when the murders occurred.

Gingrich said another suspect is an illegal immigrant from Nicaragua with a long record of arrests who was ordered deported in 1993 but never left.

However, The (Newark) Star Ledger reported Tuesday that the man -- Rodolfo Godinez -- obtained permanent legal residency in 2001.

The Newark Police Department did not return requests for comment.

Gingrich said that the "war here at home" against illegal immigrants is "even more deadly than the war in Iraq and Afghanistan."

"The federal government's incompetence, timidity and uncoordinated efforts to identify and deport criminal illegal aliens have had devastating consequences for innocent Americans," Gingrich said, in a newsletter.

Gingrich said that the "war here at home" against illegal immigrants is "even more deadly than the war in Iraq and Afghanistan."

"As an American, I am sickened that the political leadership of America could continue to go on vacation and do nothing," he said. "Why are the August vacations for the president and the Congress more precious than the lives of young Americans who are being killed because of government incompetence and inaction."

Gingrich said that President Bush should call Congress back into special session for three days to pass a bill in honor of the slain students.

The measure should order the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security to outsource the development of an identification system to check the legal status of felons and have it up and running by Jan. 1, 2008, he said.

In addition, it should withdraw federal aid from any city, county or state that refuses to participate in checking the legal status of arrested felons, Gingrich said.

Authorities say six people, including four juveniles, were involved in the Aug. 4 murders of Terrance Aeriel, 18; Dashon Harvey, 20; and Iofemi Hightower, 20, according to news reports. A fourth victim, 19-year-old Natasha Aeriel, survived after being shot in the head.

Three of the six suspects are in custody, including Carranza, who turned himself into authorities. Three are at large.

Police have said that robbery was the motive for the killings.

+ Reply to Thread