Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Domestic violence in Belize

Domestic violence in Belize

Domestic violence has become a plague in Belize. This thread will be similar to the "AIDS in Belize" thread, reporting this chronic problem:

Ch 5:

Roaring Creek woman stabbed, ex on the run

What it is that has Belizean men so crazed may never be known but it is with a sense of profound sadness that I must report yet another case of extreme domestic violence. That's right, tonight one more woman lies hospitalised with stab wounds and her attacker has not yet been apprehended.

Ricardo Tzul, Uncle of Stabbing Victim
    “Why run? Because they will eventually catch him, so come and give up yourself. You done cause a big trouble and definitely you have a lot of people against you. He mih done seh that the whole world is against him and that were some of the last words he used.”

Jacqueline Godwin, Reporting
    Twenty-five year old Roaring Creek resident Kurt Vasquez remains on the run after he stabbed his ex-common law wife fifteen times all over her body. The family report that eighteen year old Nazelie Neal was knifed in front of her two children ages two and four. The young mother remains admitted in a serious but stable condition at the Western Regional Hospital.

Ricardo Tzul
    “Well I see different injuries on her, face, body, and on her led and foot them. Some of her injuries look deep and wide. She doesn’t look that strong; she was talking in a weak voice. Well one of the legs apparently cannot move just like dead like.”

Neal and Vasquez reportedly started living together only three months ago following a long time relationship and Vasquez’s release from Hattieville Prison after serving a one year sentence for robbery. But things started to sour after the couple settled in this one bedroom house, the property of Ricardo Tzul. According to Tzul, three days ago he put Vasquez out of the house after he heard him threaten his niece. Tzul says on Saturday when he visited the couple, Neal told him that she had become unhappy in the relationship and wanted to end it. .

Ricardo Tzul
    “Yes she definitely wanted to leave. She came and told me personally that she and Kurt done and that she don’t want anything with him and she no have no feelings for him. And he the tell me and the explain to me their problem how Nazelie broke up with him and he gave me some reasons why, you know. I told him well if the gial no love you and she no want you no more whatever the case may be just walk out.”

According to Tzul that is when Vasquez, who already had a bag packed, threatened to kill Neal.

Ricardo Tzul
    “Well the words, the aggravation and the attitude. The aggression that he used against her; the way he talk to her. I will kill you and I will beat you are plain kill words you know. I mean when I start to hear those words the come out of his mouth that is when I really intervened. That is when I decided that okay I will put hand in this and said Kurt you have to come out of my house and whatever you have in my house I will put it out on the road. So I put it out on the road and when I put it on the road I gave indication that I don’t want him in my yard no more. When we call the police and I make the police know I even showed them the items across the road that I put across the road and made them know that all I want dah mek he no come back in my yard. I had Kurt as a very close friend, I know Kurt from he small and he grow up amongst me. I am almost like Kurt Pa or brother, to put it that way.”

Vasquez reportedly picked up his belongings and left the area. Neal told police that around eight on Monday night she was home when Vasquez returned to the residence and entered the house without her permission. An argument started and that is when Vasquez pulled out a knife and started stabbing Neal to her face, right breast, arms and legs. As Vasquez reportedly pulled Neal onto this wooden bench outside the house, he continued to attack her until a family friend having heard Neal’s screams went to see what was happening. Vasquez reportedly told the woman, “I no finish with her yet”, and he ran off allegedly saying that he would be back to finish the job.

Ricardo Tzul
    “I do understand that he didn’t waste any time. He just come in and maybe didn’t even start an argument and he just did what he said he would do a long time ago. If I was around he would not have done anything, so he for the moment that I wasn’t around to come in and do something and that’s the corner he found.”

It is reported that although people in the neighbourhood were home at the time of the incident and did hear the screams only one person ran to help. Today the family remains cautiously optimistic about Neal’s full recovery.

Ricardo Tzul
    “We definitely want her to recover. We hope that she recovers and we believe that she will make it. Everybody is worrying and a lot of people are talking about. What I am noticing is that people hear things like this is happening across the country. This just happen at Belize and now it repeats itself at Roaring Creek, I mean some bad spirit is around.”

It is believed that Kurt Vasquez may still be hiding somewhere in the village. He is of brown complexion with black hair and a tattoo marked Lydia on his upper right shoulder. There are also two more tattoos, an eagle and a woman's face, on his chest. If you know the whereabouts of Kurt Vasquez call crime stoppers at 0-800-922-8477 or the nearest police station. That same plea applies to accused killer Louie Ganzie, who has eluded police since January third, when it is believed he fatally stabbed his girlfriend. An anonymous donor has contributed an additional two hundred fifty dollars to the reward for Ganzie, bringing the total to two thousand two hundred fifty dollars.

Ch 7:
    Teen Mother Survives 15 Stabs from Crazed Ex-Boyfriend
    Tonight, we have another story to report of a young woman brutally assaulted with a blade by her husband, in this case her ex-common law husband. 18-year-old Roaring Creek Resident Nazelie Neal lived to tell of how her ex came to her last night in a murderous rage. We spoke to her and her mother at the Belmopan Hospital today.

Today as her sister adjusts the dressing on Nazelie Neal's hand, you wouldn't know that this 18-year-old mother of two just survived a deadly attack from her ex common law husband Kurt Vasquez-Gill. From her hospital bed, she told us that she put him out on Saturday - and she went to the police on Sunday because he threatened to kill her. And because of that last night he came to her house in a rage; it all unfolded in front of her children, one two years old, the other three.

Nazelie Neal, Survived 15 Stabs
    "Last night when I went outside to get my baby's bottle, he went outside and he attacked me. And we were there struggling and when we were struggling, my son told him to leave me alone and he went towards my baby. And as he went towards my baby, I went in front of my son and I told him to go inside. Then when I did that, I slipped down and I knocked my head and by the time I managed to get up, he already had the knife and that is when he stabbed me behind my leg. When I got up, because when he already did that, I still managed to get up, and when I got up, that is when he stabbed me right here."

After that she collapsed, and he continued to stab her even after she fell on the ground - a total of 15 times according to doctors, including stabs to her breast and legs.

Nazelie Neal,
    "I told him to leave me alone and that is when he stabbed me right here on my breast and then after that I just passed out, I don't know how I got the next two stabs on my hand and on my leg."

Today her mother Loretta Neil was outraged, but grateful:

Loretta Neil, Mother
    "I am happy that she is alive because when I got the message from my sister I was touched but I feel a lot hurt because she is my first baby and I struggled a lot to help her alone and so by that I was so touched."

And while she's touched, she wants police to arrest the man who tried to kill her daughter.

Loretta Neil,
    "I am not about it because the children are so young, three years and 2 years old. That is shock to anyone because everyone has a child and that is not right to do to anyone. We should come and love each other and kill someone. I feel something needs to be done about this. I just hope he gives up himself before it is too late because the running he is doing won't do any good, it will only make worse and longer for him and he should have think about how he just stabbed this girl and I live with this girl, I sleep next to this girl, this girl does everything for me as a woman and man should do for other and he just stabbed her like that. It is not nice man, it is not something nice."

And this mother has advice for this young man.

Loretta Neil,
    "If I meet him face to face I would tell him to sit down and ask why he did this to my daughter. I would tell him I don't feel he should have done this. If he even got angry, he should have just gotten up and walked and take it out of something and not my daughter because she didn't do that to him. Why did he have to do her that and she cares for him? I think he did wrong and he shouldn't have done it. He is a man, be a man and not be a boy because he already has a child. So I would say to him how would he like it if someone just came and stabbed his daughter like how I felt it for my daughter. I am strong here because of the good Lord but I don't know about him where he is. And he has a daughter so if someone came and just stabbed her, how you think he would feel."

And now Nazelie Neal says she may be suffering form he wounds, but she is not intimidated:

Nazelie Neal,
    "I am not afraid of him. He already threatened and told me it is not done yet and that he would kill me. I am not afraid of him and I will not back down from it because he wasn't supposed to do something like this because he saw it on the news already how those men kill their ladies and thing like that and I don't know why he did that in front of my kids. I am not backing down from it, no matter what."

Kurt Vasquez also known as Kurt Gill is still at large. He faces charges of attempted murder and use of deadly means of harm.

And another incident of domestic violence in Belize...

Ch 5:

Cop intervenes in domestic disputes; gets whopped, bitten

Meanwhile in Belize City, a woman who found herself in the middle of a domestic disturbance was unharmed, but the same could not be said for the police officer who came to her aid. On Sunday, a police patrol responded to a call from Diana Trujeque that her common-law husband, Lincoln Green, was intoxicated and breaking items in her house. But when P.C. William Usher arrived at one seventy-one George Street to try and diffuse the situation, Green struck the cop in his head with a frying pan. To add insult to injury, when Usher then tried to arrest Green, the man proceeded to bite the officer on his thumb. Green was eventually detained and charged with Resisting Arrest, Wounding, and Assaulting a Police Officer. The thirty-four year old appeared in court today and pled guilty to the resisting charge for which he was fined a hundred and fifty dollars. Green also fessed up to wounding and was hit with another four hundred dollars by Magistrate Albert Hoare. If he does not pay the monies by February sixteenth, Green will spend two months in jail for resisting arrest and another four for wounding. The assault charge was withdrawn.

i hope pato read dis.....
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

PATO Guest
    Originally posted by bemetu
    somebody di look fi company. Just dih adda day yo mih di ring off ie cellie, weh gaan aan?
    Dah neva u mih wah Lakers come juk yo, till when ie find out yo old and dry up...now yo di try seh di bwai beat gal, please gu geh wah man or wah woman, oh...ah wah life

Just dih adda day yo mih di ring off ie cellie, weh gaan aan?
    dat a whe ih tell yu no!....... yu have a lot fi lawn tata duhende
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

Dah neva u mih wah Lakers come juk yo, till when ie find out yo old and dry up.
    tank god i neva give him a taste a dis nice ting .......so you stay right deh and be ih punching bag.....po ting!

now yo di try seh di bwai beat gal,
    po ting!....you're in denial .......but dah so di cycle of domestic violence go!.....one day you'll see the light......

But Bemetu, me yer seh yuh like when man choke yuh when yuh di juk.

lakers Guest
    Originally posted by bemetu
    Yeah Gal, If Pato made my friend look bad as she did to your friend.... I would try fi spoil eh shine tu.

Just keep in mind

When you di talk that rass, you di hall me into it

If da nu so, da naily so

rockview Guest

media

THE MEDIA SHOULD STOP REPORTING FATAL ACTS OF DOMESTIC VIOENCE AGAINST WOMEN.

ilam96 Guest
    why? coz the dead cyah talk?

Re: media

Originally posted by rockview
    THE MEDIA SHOULD STOP REPORTING FATAL ACTS OF DOMESTIC VIOENCE AGAINST WOMEN.
    Why is that Rockview? You think it will encourage others to kill dem ooman?

rockview Guest

EXACTLY

Exactly, it will encourage others to do the same. The same as in suicide, if the media reports people drinking gramaxone as their last rite, others will copy too. "Weh monkye si and hear, monkey do".
    The media report on these events because it gives them higher ratings.

Cho rass! Hiding these tragic incidents (domestic violence) by sticking your head in the ground like an ostrich, will continue to exacerbate the problem.

ilam96 Guest
    soh how di ooman dem suppose to get encouraged to get out of an abusive relationship if nobadi wa talk bout it?

+ Reply to Thread