Prepaid Phone Card Rates
 From  To   
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Independence Day! ĎA nation alive, a people with pride. Belize at 25.'

whe she got wong k from....is she a black chiney by birth or by injection??
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a mans last romance." - Oscar Wilde

Another Belizean Guest
    Obsessive compulsive!!!!!!

Another Belizean Guest
    Originally posted by tyshepp
    You are an expert?
    Certified.

Cant Get Right Guest
    I just wahn someone too send me a calender

Another Belizean Guest
    Go and get it CGR.

Cant Get Right Guest
    Originally posted by Another Belizean
    Go and get it CGR.
    I think on my next vacation I'm gonna go visit Ty and tear up Japan.

Cant Get Right Guest
    Besides last time I went they didn't have any. I got an old one.

Cant Get Right Guest
    If you are retarded to get banned from your own country than I guess you deserve to live in one you don't like. Or die.

The Most Honourable P.J. Patterson has accepted the invitation of Prime Minister Rt. Hon. Said Musa to join in the celebration of Belizeís 25th Independence Anniversary.

The Former Prime Minister of Jamaica is scheduled to arrive on the 13 September 2006 and will be participating in various activities planned for his stay in Belize. The highlight of Prime Minister Pattersonís visit will be the delivery of a lecture at the Bliss Centre for the Performing Arts entitled, The Significance of Independence to a Small State in the Caribbean.

Throughout his tenure in office, Honourable P.J. Patterson has had a clear vision for, and unwavering dedication to the integration of the Caribbean Community. Today, the manifestation of that integration is the Caribbean Single Market which became fully functional in Belize on 1 January 2006. Former Prime Minister Patterson was one of the few fortunate Caribbean leaders to have been involved in several of the Councils of the CARICOM over its almost 33-year history.

The ties between Belize and former Prime Minister Patterson span beyond belonging to the same regional grouping.

Belize is very grateful for Honourable P.J. Pattersonís immense contribution in the internationalization of Belizeís quest for a secure independence with its territory intact. As Foreign Minister of Jamaica in the critical years 1978 to 1980, he took a leading role in fighting for the rights of the Belizean people at the United Nations, in the Non-Aligned Movement and in the Commonwealth, and has since then been steadfast in supporting our continuing struggle to settle the Guatemalan claim in a peaceful and just manner.

In recognition of his sterling contribution and steadfast support to Belize and for his other regional accomplishments, the Order of Belize will be conferred on the Most Honourable P. J. Patterson.

The former Prime Minister will also address a luncheon of the business community at which he has agreed to speak about the CSME.

The Reporter

Belize celebrates in grand style on Sept. 10 &21

By Joseph Stamp Romero - Staff Reporter

As the country of Belize embarks on its 25th anniversary as an independent nation and the 208th anniversary of the battle of St. Georgeís Caye; this yearís September celebrations promises to be the nationís most spectacular.

The events take place under the theme: A Nation Alive A People with Pride Belize at 25.

Twenty-eight-year-old Victor Cucul, a volunteer firefighter of Belmopan won the $1,000 prize money for selecting this yearís theme.

There were two other individuals who were given special mention. They are Stephanie Betancourt and Sheena Banner. The theme was chosen from among 49 other entries.

On Wednesday the celebrations calendar of events was launched at the House of Culture in Belize City.

On hand for the launch was celebrations Chairman Godfrey Smith who gave the opening remarks. Co-Chair Yasser Musa made the various activities a whole lot more inviting when he spoke about the events.

The celebrations officially opens on Friday, September 1 at the parking lot of the Bliss-Centre for the Performing Arts on Regent street.

On Saturday, September 2, the stage is set for the 61st annual Queen of the Bay pageant at the Belize City Centre. The official 10th day ceremonies take place on Monday, September 11, at the Memorial Park at 8:15A.M.

The improvements on the calendar of events are expected to be the catalysts that rejuvenate the festive spirit within Belizeans. For example the We are Belize Project, which opens on September 17 buy invitations only at the Bliss. The same event is opened to the public on the 18th and 19th.

The Belize City Council takes on a new addition-the Municipal Multi-Cultural Fair on September 10-11 at the former Belize Technical College grounds.

For a look at the sights and sounds of the celebrations visit www.septembercelebrations.com

...belize nuh got ONE dolla fi celebrate anything eena "grand style"....city council bruk, all town boards bruk, central govament bruk....we owe 2 BILLION dollars....
    ...only the teefing politicians got money....
    Last edited by sweet_lime; 08-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    but the dust on my boots and the rythm of my feet and my heart say africa - vusi mahlasela

Ch 5:

Tony Wright releases patriotic CD

Just in time for the September celebrations, local musician Tony Wright has released a compilation of all his most patriotic songs. According to Wright, "September Feelings" is designed to fill listeners with national pride.

Tony Wright, Artist
    ďItís a CD I put together from over the last fifteen years of my music. Every year I use to put a celebration song on each one of the album them and so this year, since itís our twenty-fifth anniversary, I decided to bring out this album with all of the songs I did over the years concerning the celebration. This album has ten of the great songs them, specifically based with the celebrations songs them. September was a time when the artists and the people excel. It was a time when we get on the stage on show we selves you know. And it seems over the years it has been dying and dying, and we need to put it back because our young people them seem that they no really know which direction to go. It seems that they donít really know what happened years gone by you know. So we need to get back. Well we no gwen back ina the past, but we need to let people know we had we culture, that September dah fi we thing. So thatís really what I want we bring back this September.Ē

"September Feelings" is available for ten dollars at gift shops and music stores across the country.

ilam96 Guest
    i wuda really wah know weh belizeans gat fi be proud offa...?....jus di name?

Originally posted by ilam96
    i wuda really wah know weh belizeans gat fi be proud offa...?....jus di name?
    Weh di go ahn Illam....yu done jump ship nuh tru? hahahahahha..good fe yu
    Love is a many splendid thing and food run a close second.

You notice nuh rosy? The gial come da foreign and already losing her loyalty badge.
    Success is Journey... not a Destination