Watina

menoh

Resident Gay Cruffy
Does anyone actually have the cd? I just got it. My mother sent it to me (along with some Marie Sharps and dutch cheese)
and i like the songs. this is garifuna music i like. so soulful, like i can feel all the emotions they sing.

menoh said:
Does anyone actually have the cd? I just got it. My mother sent it to me (along with some Marie Sharps and dutch cheese)
and i like the songs. this is garifuna music i like. so soulful, like i can feel all the emotions they sing.

I got it when I was in Belize, the real thing, not a knock-off. I love it.

...cho...i was one of the first in line...LOL...

that music is AMAZING...and it's still one of my favorites...

menoh said:

i love it, too.
funny, i had some colleagues tell me they heard some of it on NPR when they did a piece on Andy P passing, and they went to Amazon and bought it.
this is the biggest thing from Belize ever.

Re: Re: Watina

belizisimo said:

this is the biggest thing from Belize ever.

Not true. I mi give Empress the biggest thing from Belize ever and she "cried out". :smoke

Re: Re: Re: Watina

madarass said:
Not true. I mi give Empress the biggest thing from Belize ever and she "cried out". :smoke

bullsh*t let's not forget why I coined the term "pencil tilly" on this site!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Watina

The Empress said:
bullsh*t let's not forget why I coined the term "pencil tilly" on this site!

I think new members are in the dark with this past, spicy drama at Bzeans.com ,so maybe you need to give them a lil background info on the both of you's. :party

Just my opinion. :smoke

sweet_lime said:
...cho...i was one of the first in line...LOL...

that music is AMAZING...and it's still one of my favorites...

I am so glad i was able to catch his performance
at SOB's in Manhattan. And yes , his music is amazing. Because I met a couple members of the Board there i wasn't able to give my full attention. But I do recall i had a weird thought as I listened to some of the songs: To own a vinyl copy of his music .It struck me as something I would enjoy with the lights off and my lava lamps on, and a glass of wine for company. Maybe it was the acoustics of the room that made it much more pleasurable to listen to ,I don't know. the sound wasn't loud ( i usually listen to music a few decibels above the recommended limit ) or overpowering and yet it wasn't low. It was just right. But I don't think I heard one false note.

Before going to the concert, I had heard Watina over the internet and enjoyed it. it's one of those songs that grab you immediately on one listen. Of course i didn't understand the words but I liked the melody and instruments used on that song. In addition, i was intrigued by the fact that he was a former Lit teacher now doing music. Hey, one can only expect great things from an artist who is very much familiar with the literary world. I wasn't disappointed.

It's a great loss. I know many people, like myself ,were looking forward to the next project. I am sure it would have been awesome were he still alive.. Someone like this only comes around once in a lifetime. Let's hope that there is somebody else to pick up where he left off. :peace

Back