UDP.....................all di wayyyyyyy!!!!!

M

Merciless

Congrats to Dean Barrow and the new UDP govt that will take over on Monday. Now da time fu 'bangles' Ralph and Said rasssssss. Dream Babes..Maddarass....a job well done....unu still di celebrate?....UDP all di way!

Belize Has a New Government
By
The Founder
on February 8, 2008 8:15 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)
Belmopan, Belize 8 February 2008 (Belizean.com) The opposition United Democratic Party has won a landslide victory over the incumbent Peoples United Party in General Elections held yesterday 7th February. With more than 80 per cent of votes counted, the U.D.P. headed by Prime Minister designate Hon. Dean Barrow has won 20 of the 31 seats in the House of Representatives signaling a change of government after a ten year rule by the leftist Peoples United Party led by defeated Prime Minister Said Musa.

Counting of votes is continuing in remote areas of the Cayo, Corozal and Toledo districts and the U.D.P.are expected to gain a few additional seats further cementing their victory. All local radio and T.V. stations have now called the elections in favor of the U.D.P.

The new Prime Minister designate Hon. Dean Barrow has appeared on national radio and television thanking the Belizean people for the opportunity given to his party to lead Belize for the next five years. "I am humbled and grateful to the Belizean people for this opportunity to head a new government that will restore our economy and re-establish transparency, accountability and good governance," stated Mr. Barrow.
Mr. Barrow said that he expects to meet with the Governor General Sir Colville Young tomorrow to advise him that he intends to present his new Cabinet next week Monday.

Former Prime Minister Said Musa whose administration was rocked by several corruption scandals and a rebellion from his own ministers during his term of office, narrowly retained his seat in the Fort George division after a surprising show by new challenger Dr. George Gough. Attorney General and Tourism Minister Godfrey Smith - one of the most powerful and well financed ministers in the P.U.P. government lost his seat in an upset to attorney Wilfred Elrington.

Attachments

• dean-barrow-belize.jpg
    dean-barrow-belize.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 586
belizean said:
:clap

Change is good!

i suppose that's as much congratulations as you'll get from a true blue-even-eh-drawers-blue PUP....
:D :D :D

mtb

i gat wah friend di panic. him yer se that Barrow se him di deport all spanish.....

Re: mtb

menoh said:
i gat wah friend di panic. him yer se that Barrow se him di deport all spanish.....

bwai stap spread da rass.
or somebody wah mek sure yu get stranded da taipei.

mtb

look, i neva se i believe it, fool. and if da so i could get stranded ya and no care at all.

Re: mtb

menoh said:
look, i neva se i believe it, fool. and if da so i could get stranded ya and no care at all.

lyad. yu wah soon get tyad a chiney bwai.

Eliminate the Income Tax for those earning under $50,000

As promised in those commercials, first order of business:
ELIMINATE INCOME TAXES FOR THOSE EARNING UNDER $50,000. :cash :cash

Re: Eliminate the Income Tax for those earning under $50,000

ro2dawn said:
As promised in those commercials, first order of business:
ELIMINATE INCOME TAXES FOR THOSE EARNING UNDER $50,000. :cash :cash

that is a huge percentage of people earning below that, not sure if that can really be done, taxes gotta come from somewhere else if it's to be done.....................hhmmm:thinking this one I can't seem to swallow.

Re: Re: Re: mtb

mellowman said:
Reply: Cho, Menoh done stop tek batty, him dah UDP now........ Di man shift back to wah he man....

oh lawd.....:D :D :D

bwai i da no UDP or PUP, but I glad Barrow win, to see if he can truly live up to his name and promises. Seems promising.

Belize

I wish the Hon. Dean Barrow well. Belize is just a cog wheel in the global economy. The slump in the housing market in the U.S is about to riverberate to this tiny nation.

Barrow is faced with a Nation of tremendous potential. Our oil wealth may take him to boundless glory. Foreign investors will be watching to see how he deals with BNE. I advise him to thread carefully with the oil industry and ensure that Belizeans also get their dividends. Hoever; for the long term Barrow should nationalize the oil industry. Cavannaugh, a Petroleum Engineer says that there are over two billion dollars worth of black gold in Spanish Lookout oil fields.

Belize shuld forge closer friendly ties with Guatemala. Doing otherwise will lead to international isolation.

Belize should continue maintaining good relations with the U.S and Venezuela. The same should be done with mainland China and Taiwan--weh Menoh deh.

The biggest threat to Belize is being juxtaposed strategically in the Columbian Drug Trade. The relations with Uncle Sam is critical to fighting illegal drug activity. Belize should get itself more helicopters, air crafts and high powere boats to fight the drug trade.

Lastly, and closer to home, I call on the Hon. Dean Oliver Barrow to continue with the plans of his predecessor to move Rockview to Maya Mopan in Belmopan. Moving Rockview to Belmopan now will increase the comfort of our patients and bring much needed assistance to our lost souls The previous administration was instrumental in getting assistance from the Inter American Development Bank for a spanking sigle storey building in Belmopan. This building is already complete and is awaiting inaguration.

Lastly, Barrow needs to recognize that we live in a mixed economy, where the under currents of the market place can breathe forth many magical dimensions. Let us place our faith in the free market based economic model, extending our economic ties with the Caribbean Single Market and Economy simultaneously with the Central American Istmus. A failure to do so will get us swallowed by MERCOSUR, the EEU or the U.S Single Market initiaties.

Lastly, I call on Monwa to give me another visit at Rockview. During her last and tenth visit, she brought us a new set of mops and buckets for the wards. Monwa, bring Dream Babes along with you this time. I understand that she can sing some nice souls.

Re: Belize

rockview said:
Lastly, I call on Monwa to give me another visit at Rockview. During her last and tenth visit, she brought us a new set of mops and buckets for the wards. Monwa, bring Dream Babes along with you this time. I understand that she can sing some nice souls.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

I am so proud 2 say thats my prime minista. NOt Said

the honorable Dean Barrow

Back