To all Belizean living abroad in the USA

W

WilhelmWaight

Do you believe you will retire and live in the UNITED STATES or think you may leave and Live in Belize for the rest of your life. or
just don't know YET!

WCW

My ex-girlfriend's dad who was an old black man from Memphis, Tennessee once told me, "Niggas don't retire."

Niggas dont , but Blacks do. I know of Belizeans living in America , and all they could tell you is how long they live in America.They have nothing to show not here in America , or in Belize.

Aye Danny....

Anyway, mi retire 7 years ago...why should i leave the country that has afforded me the opportunities to do and aquire what i have today?Cho, I don't plan on ever leaving......life caan get any sweeta dan dis....

I retire in 6 months, after 21 years and some change in the US Air Force. Plan to take a couple months off, then get a job to keep myself from going insane. I've thought of whether I'd stay in the US, and after all the places I've been, the old cliche is true...there's no place like home--home for me being the US. I left Belize very young, so for all intents, the US has been my home, but I don't forget where I was born and where I started. As one poster said, I'm also very comfortable with the lifestyle here in the US, and I don't think I would have had half the opportunities I've had here back in Belize. I'll visit Belize, but I have no plans to stay.

If every thing goes according to plan, I will be able to run my business from beach house in Placencia and I intend to do this BEFORE I retire.

Instead of fighting with traffic to get to work everyday, I will racing to get to my favorite fishin spot off Laughing Bird Caye.

:beerchug

boco

Mosquitorose said:
Aye Danny....

Anyway, mi retire 7 years ago...why should i leave the country that has afforded me the opportunities to do and aquire what i have today?Cho, I don't plan on ever leaving......life caan get any sweeta dan dis....

There are nice places to live in America and ability to speak your mind and do the things you want freely is unmatched.

However, its really what you want in life. My goal is to be with family and to have quality of life. I can have the quality of life I am looking for here but it woudl take me longer because it is more expensive. So I will take the quality of life in Belize plus a lot of my family is there.

boco

My concern with Belize is the health care system. I don't want all my savings to go to paying for poor service.
I do plan to live between my Belizean house(paid for) and my current home. My mortgage is so small(under $1000), I'd be foolish to give that up. I recently added more space to my house, all paid for. I need my taste of Belize every year.

WilhelmWaight said:
Do you believe you will retire and live in the UNITED STATES or think you may leave and Live in Belize for the rest of your life. or
just don't know YET!

WCW

Shut up ho! Only place you have to retire from is prison.

I'm not Belizean but ah feel like it anyway. We sold our business
and are able to retire now. Hubby will go live in BZE fulltime and
I will travel back and forth. Life in Belize is way way more attractive than running the ratrace here in Europe....We feel
blessed.

Back