Tamalitos Recipe Request

Welcome OG reading your story took me back to the same situation i really thought it was just my mother,i ran away at 11 and never returned raised myself ,and am also blessed to be a better person now,,I was always told bac in those days traditional belizean women took there hardships out on there kids,,glad to know somone else can relate but not happy about the experience

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EfdeIfkFy...VrdjKPLLwZU/S226/Tamales+Elote+en+la+olla.jpg

5 lbs green corn (weight corn including cob)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoons salt
2 stick melted stick butter
1 can evaporated milk

Start by peeling corn and saving about 3 to 4 husks of each corn; shave off corn from cob. Using your blender make a thick blend off of shaved corn then add condiments. Use corn husk and fill each with prepared corn and wrap. Place some corncobs on bottom of a big pot and pour some salted water over cobs place wrapped tamalitos/ducunu on corn cobs do not make them touch the water. Place pot on medium fire and boil for about one hour and there you should have some hot tamalitos/ducunu to enjoy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-rVIm9KuaZY/RwxROzylKlI/AAAAAAAAASM/wqyUAYgRrJA/s400/Humitas+Cusqueñas.jpg
thanks fi di recipe OG.......just in time fi mi easter dinner!!

You're all welcome, I'm still working on the videos I shot of me making them. Of course I have to edit and make it interesting by add music, notations and all a that b4 uploading on youtube. As soon as I'm done I'll post the link. Hope it works for you all, if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail.

Tamilto Update Sorry for typo on line 1

There was a typo on line 1 that read weigh corn including cob; I meant not including corn. I fixed.

It would also be a good idea to do some boiled corn/corn on the cub (bile carn) at the same time you make the tamalitos/ducuno. Take 4 or more corn remove only 2 or 3 husks off, place in a pot of water add 3 tea spoons of salt and boil for about an hr. After another hour sitting in pot drain water, peel husk down (not off) and use as holder, take ground pepper, ground habanero much better, mix with salt and use lemons or lime to add to corn. Enjoy.
DSC01476.JPG

hope you one day forgive your mother because if it wouldn't be by her you wouldn't be in the place you are enjoying right now ...with a wonderful wife like your!

Thank you; but as I stated b4, I am not responsible for my mother's actions, there-for the only one who can forgive her is herself. But, I hope that some day she takes the time to think about the situation, validate the circumstances, and forgives herself for hurting me. All she has to do is truly feel deep down into her heart and say this out loud “I forgive myself for hurting my son Leonardo,”. And I, don't need to hear it.

Back