September Celebrations Pictures - 2006/2007

Edited all San Pedro 2007 sections to replace small pics with larger versions and I also added a few more pics in the process. Dang, this is a lot of work :D

mercury said:
Edited all San Pedro 2007 sections to replace small pics with larger versions and I also added a few more pics in the process. Dang, this is a lot of work :D

thanks....felt like we were there.
nice weather, too!!!!

ummm...i could have sworn i saw fireworks next to power lines....:D

dangerm0use said:
ummm...i could have sworn i saw fireworks next to power lines....:D

No, they were set off far from power lines. The photographer was far from the area where they were actually firing off the fireworks so as to get a better shot, and that's how power lines got into the photos.

wonder if the school children still get lemonade and tart after di parade like back in the old days?......dat deh lomonade use to taste like water fron heaven after marching in the hot sun....:D

Gal Bemetu, I hardly see Lemonade around these days but I do know that they get locally made juices and ideals. I had to donate cupcakes for my 6 year old son class treat and many other parents did the same. They enjoyed that.

bemetu said:
wonder if the school children still get lemonade and tart after di parade like back in the old days?......dat deh lomonade use to taste like water fron heaven after marching in the hot sun....:D

It varies depending on the school as to what they actually do get, but yes the kids do get refreshments and snacks at the end of the parade and bags of water during the actual parade.

Added pics to Corozal Children's Rally Parade 2007 & Corozal Independence Parade 2007

Absolutely amazing pictures! I'm sending the link of this thread to all my relatives and friends. Thanks Mercury! :beerchug

dangerm0use said:
any photos from belize city?

Monwa has uploaded the ones she took under the thread 'Carnival 2007'. As soon as I get pics from other parts of Belize (Belize City included) I will post them. But, I imagine, most people wanna rest right now and not post pics :drunk

Added over 30 pics to OW Carnival 2006. I found some pics I forgot I had :D

UPDATE:

* I added a couple more pics to the Corozal 2007 Independence Parade.

* Will add few from OW's 2007 Carnival. I will add lots more by next week. My other OW contact is experiencing some delays.

* Should get pics of Caye Caulker's 2007 Independence Parade soon. My contact their experiencing delays as well.

* Bad news from Independence. My contact reported that during the entire parade it either rained or drizzled and his camera isn't waterproof. So no Independence, Stann Creek pics this year.

* Still waiting to hear from Belize City, Belmopan, Benque Viejo del Carmen, San Ignacio, and Punta Gorda.

ORANGE WALK 2007 CARNIVAL (PART 1)**

(Pics courtesy takeurvitaminz)

OW6-1.jpg

OW5-1.jpg

OW4-1.jpg

OW3-1.jpg

OW2-1.jpg

OW1-1.jpg

**NOTE: THE SECOND SET OF PICS FOR OW CARNIVAL 2007 WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THIS SET, BUT AS A SEPARATE POST LATER ON!

Yay! PG pulls thru! Here comes some PG Parade Pics (sans 21st parade... coming soon!)

PUNTA GORDA 2007 ST. GEORGE'S CAYE DAY PARADE

(Pics courtesy Clark-Peterek)

PG10-2.jpg

PG10-1.jpg

PG10-3.jpg

PG10-4.jpg

PUNTA GORDA 2007 CHILDREN'S RALLY PARADE

(Pics courtesy Clark-Peterek)

PGChn-1.jpg

PGChn-3.jpg

PGChn-2.jpg

Few pics of PG 2007 Independence Parade & Belize City 2007 Carnival follow. Hopefully I'll get some more pics soon.

Back