GENERAL ELECTIONS 2008 RESULTS - UDP FORMS NEXT BZE GOV'T

mercury said:
Thanks and you're welcome. Hope ya feel better. I still don't know who won in OW South & CZL SE for the life of me!

Anybody know? I wanna at least update the winners of those 2 constituencies in the Leader Board before I go to work (as I don't have time to use the Internet there)

That Czl SE is still not determined is fishy.
that area has a big big Marin machine. especially in Chunox and other backabush areas.

i find it odd that at 5p, the elections dept was reporting 32% turnout in some areas of that division. then suddenly when the polls are closing, Lovefm reports 50 people in line waiting in lines at Chunox. at the end there's 90% turnout at Chunox!!!

i don't trust some of dat deh rass at all.

Mercury as always you did the members of Belizeans.com proud. Are you sure you don't want to run for some office in Belize? I would vote for you since I can see what a passionate hard working person you are and when you decide to do something you do it well. Thanks for all your hard work and it is appreciated. :heart

ahem, is it too early to note that Belize has just elected its first black prime minister?

i recall a big discussion on this same board a few years back with several saying it would never happen. from San Pedro to San Antonio, from Corozal to Cayo, panya and maya votes help put dean deh.

belizisimo said:
ahem, is it too early to note that Belize has just elected its first black prime minister?

i recall a big discussion on this same board a few years back with several saying it would never happen. from San Pedro to San Antonio, from Corozal to Cayo, panya and maya votes help put dean deh.

I would hope that belizeans would realize by now just because you have a black PM does not mean he will look out for black people and just because you have a spanish PM does not mean he will look out for spanish people. (maybe I am being a bit unrealistic)

It really boils down to what have done for the country irrespetive of what color you are.

But I agree, I have heard several people make those statements which in my mind are irrellevant.

boco

Musa just come dah Princess fuh wah press conference..... he walking with eh head bow:D :D :D :D dah sin!!!!!!!:D :D :D :drunk

the Internet streams for effing LoveFM and Krem gaan down. we cyant yerr nothing.

Black PM

Come on Belizean people you know we are not into that racist issue we are all one Belizean, don't let America rub off thier bad habits on you. Dean said it plain and clear now its not about UDP or PUP now its about Belize and the Belizean People. We have a change in government now let have a change is the way we think we are all one race and it is Belizean race, no black, white, spanish etc. we are one. I am so happy for our Country now its time for us to make a difference.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! VICTORY IS SWEET! I've been up since 4:30am yesterday morning, paraded on the Western Highway until 4am this morning....went out at 8am this morning with other officials to secure some key government ministries that were being run by PUP croonies and now getting ready for the Swearing in of OUR new Prime Minister at 2pm.......:beerchug :beerchug :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead

Sweet Lime and Madas......Where are you? You coming to Pan?

our pup guy lost every box, but the closest box was the one we worked which was the winners home. i eat crow this morning and gave grats to "clear the land" and a hand of unity for continueing progress in our community, so is life and i am sure we will get the old northern highway fixed which was my objective from the start.

CONGRATS TO UDP on a well desrved victory

bushman said:
our pup guy lost every box, but the closest box was the one we worked which was the winners home. i eat crow this morning and gave grats to "clear the land" and a hand of unity for continueing progress in our community, so is life and i am sure we will get the old northern highway fixed which was my objective from the start.

Thats the Spirit Bushie.........Together anything is possible!!!!:angel

Reporter.bz

UDP Landslide! Voters choose to 'save Belize'

Friday, 08 February 2008

Two-term Prime Minister Said Musa led his People’s United Party to a disastrous defeat in yesterday’s general elections, barely holding on to four seats in Belize City.

Dean Barrow and his United Democratic Party, working against great financial odds, swept all four seats in Stann Creek and Punta Gorda, all six seats in the West including Belmopan, all three Belize Rural constituencies, and at last report, were well poised to claim seven of the eight northern constituencies of Corozal and Orange Walk.

In the debacle former Ministers Godfrey Smith and Jose Coye lost their seats by huge margins in the Pickstock and Caribbean Shores Division, while former Minister Francis Fonseca barely held on in Freetown by his fingernails (16 votes).

The U.D.P. candidates for Queen’s Square, Collet, Mesopotamia, Port Loyola, Caribbean Shores and Pickstock in the Belize City hub all romped home with huge margins.

While former Prime Minister Said Musa carried his seat with 356 votes to spare, his lead of five years ago was slashed in half.

Ralph Fonseca, former Minister of Defence, believed to be invincible in his division of Belize Rural Central, lost to newcomer Michael Hutchinson by 186 votes.

The most dramatic upset of all however came from Pickstock, a division the PUP has always held, where attorney Sedi Elrington routed his opponent, Tourism Minister Godfrey Smith, with more than 300 votes to spare.

Former Prime Minister Said Musa was so stunned by the enormity of the upset that he went home to bed without conceding defeat.

Earlier he had told Channel 7 that he planned to retire from the leadership of the party “win or lose” at the end of the campaign. If he does resign, the leadership of the PUP will be up for grabs and the two most likely candidates for leadership will be Mark Espat of the Albert Division and Johnny Brice?o of Orange Walk Central.

The U.D.P., which had aspired to win at least 20 seats now has the pleurality it needs to amend the Constitution without outside help.

This, Prime Minister Designate Dean Barrow said, is going to be at the top of the list of his new government’s priorities.

Today he plans to go to Belmopan for consultations with the Governor General. After that he will set about naming his new Cabinet.

Attachments

• barrow win.jpg
    barrow win.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 206
photos from Reporter.bz

Attachments

• udp win2.jpg
    udp win2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 200
bushman said:

Rass cloth, Bushie, what is your age??? Me gwine go buy your age inna lottery.

I think your age da wan "rake" today becuase me never hear you seh anything good bout udp before.

:smoke

UDP The winner

Congrat to all the Belizeans in Belize. I am now at ease here in California because i know things will be better, i am more concern about the young people that don't have jobs, i hope the new government can do something for them. Its the happiest day of my life. I can now go and stay in Belize for atleast a year and enjoy my country the land of the free.

election done and today is a new day with a new GOB. why fight when we still need to get things done. plus i am a member on the village council i spend my own money to fix roads, clean village and river, and anything else. hopefully the new rep will be responsive to our needs although the former GOB did a good job with esentual services.

belizisimo said:

Ahem!! Could it be that he kicked out Esquivel just to assure himself the seat?

Rodawn...shut up!!!!!

Congrats to UDP....wish I was in Bze.......!

Back