Fighting for the dead................

Dream Babes

Old School Cruffy
Murder Victim Jose Ricalde's Two Wives Battle for His Body

Last night we told you that Luis Cardenas Jr. had turned himself in. He is the man police suspect was responsible for the double murder of two Orange Walk men on Wednesday February 13th. And while that is the crime – the tragedy goes far beyond that and it includes the domestic situation of one of the victims, Jose Ricalde. Bad enough that he was killed it appears because he was the neighbor of a man who was marked for death- but on Saturday – it was made that much worse when the family of his wife and the family woman he lived with got into a dispute over who will bury the body. Our colleagues at Northern Cable have more.

Jacqueline Godwin Reporting,
There was nothing Jose Francisco Ricalde’s young children and loved ones could do to keep the body of forty five year old murder victim at their home. Four days after he was killed, the casket was taken from the house on Royal Palm Street where he has been living with another woman Marleni Cawich and their children for some eleven years. But he still had a legal wife who carries his name and Mirta Ricalde requested that her husband be buried in their home village of Calcutta and not Orange Walk Town.

On Saturday morning after both families met with the police they agreed that the body be taken to the legal wife’s residence. But saying it is one thing and seeing it, is another….

Maximilan Novelo, Friend of Murder Victim
“They say they love him, they would respect a dead. There is no respect for a death, no respect for a dead body and you should respect a dead body.”

According to Jose Ruiz the family only wants his brother to rest in peace. And he knows where his brother would wanted to be laid to rest.

Jose Ruiz, Brother of Murder Victim
“And he wanted that if something happened to him, that I will be there for him and for his common law wife Marleni and his kids. He wanted to rest in peace. I think he wanted this his common-law wife Marleni Cawich bury him. I haven’t fulfilled what he asked me, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. I had failed him.”

Mirta Cawich says while the outcome is not what she had expected she is only grateful that she and her two children got the time to pay their respect and say goodbye to their father.

Mirta Cawich,
“I gave him a wake and I am satisfied. I believe what is just is just that he stays with me because when he was alive he was with me. Now that he is dead she comes to fight him. I do not know what he would have wanted. I had him for one night. I feel good about that and thank god for that and now he may rest in peace. I feel bad like everybody else, like all women. We all feel we are all human beings. And what they are doing is an injustice because I think he was with me and I think he should stay with me. I do not know what kind of justice there is in Belize”

And while she laments this unfortunate episode, beyond this is the true tragedy of his death: Jose Ricalde was reportedly an innocent victim who was killed after he had gone over to his neighbor’s house. Turns out that neighbor Alfredo Urbina was an assassin’s target – and Ricalde and Nazim Romero were killed in front of his house. Police now have Luis Cardenas, Jr. in custody. He is believed to be behind the double murder. For 7NEWS Jacqueline Godwin.

The funeral was held on Sunday.

dat deh wife just waa staat rass!!......me no wha fight ova no dead man body if he left me fi ova eleven years!.......corrrection!!........only if he dah american citizen and me got social security fi collect:greedy :greedy

:D :D :D ......These things tend to happen quite often in Belize.....that is, dih wife, sweethawt, common-law or even parents dih fite ova dih body :D :D...and more than often that has to do wid who wha colleck dih lee insurance or social security or pension check......in Social Security case, all dih underage picknis get piece ah dih the pie and dih person whu pay fuh dih funeral and produce receipts get dih lee Bz$1500.:rolleyes:

BUT! Why fight over a DEAD BODY.....ah wud gladly give ah up....

True ting DB....who in god's name fight ova dead body....no wonda di man lef her in the fuss place...the common law wife look like she have mere sense and etiquette ...

dey should a mi take a fu body parts on di black market dis way deh have a peice a fu he rass .dah he put dey gal inna dis ya position.so mek dey have a piece each.one toe a finger,half and a half you know .well anyway .over inna calcutta dey sell body parts on di black market .so Mellow don't go drinking and fall asleep inna di street .you will loose a kidney.or a few .other things .

WCW:D : :D :D :D :D :D

Back