Diane Haylock - New NICH Director

Dream Babes

Old School Cruffy
February 18, 2008
Love FM

Diane Haylock is the President of the National Institute of Culture and History effective today. A release from the Government says Haylock has been actively involved in the field of culture for many years, having contributed significantly to an increased awareness of the importance of culture in the Belizean landscape .

Amandala Newspaper
Posted: 19/02/2008
Author: Adele Ramos

Effective today, February 18, Diane Haylock has replaced Yasser Musa as the president of the National Institute of Culture and History (NICH).

NICH was created during the second term of the Said Musa administration in 2003, and even though it was rumored before the General Elections that the UDP would dismantle NICH if the party were to come to power, Prime Minister Dean Barrow told us last week that his party would do no such thing.

Even though he is an artist himself, Yasser Musa, the former president, is also the son of the former prime minister and public relations officer for the now Opposition People’s United Party. It was expected that the Barrow administration would name a new NICH president after their February 7 victory at the polls.

A Government press release says, “Ms. Haylock has been actively involved in the field of culture for many years, having contributed significantly to an increased awareness of the importance of culture in the Belizean landscape.”

For her part, Haylock also has a political history, having run in the 2003 general elections in Pickstock, when the current UDP rep for that division, Wilfred “Sedi” Elrington, ran against her as an independent candidate. PUP’s Godfrey Smith won the division in 2003.

Haylock has also represented the UDP in the Belize-Guatemala talks at the Organization of American States.

She is most widely known, however, for her involvement in the arts, having been one of Belize’s premier theatre directors coming out of the Square Peg era of the 1970’s.

Diane Haylock has a master’s degree in developmental studies, with prior studies in mass communications and theatre.

NICH has been the premier arm of Government responsible for the development of culture and the arts in the public sector sphere between 2003 and 2008, and the ruling United Democratic Party credits the former Musa administration for the positive contributions they made in that sector.

Other Appointments include:

Michael Singh - CEO Ministry of Tourism
Alexis Rosado - CEO Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Congrats to my Couz she deserves the position and is very qualified to handle the duties.

mtb

it is sad to see yasser no longer as president. he did a very good job at it, and i hope Ms. Haylock maintains that excellence as well as the good working conditions Yasser created.

Re: mtb

menoh said:
it is sad to see yasser no longer as president. he did a very good job at it, and i hope Ms. Haylock maintains that excellence as well as the good working conditions Yasser created.
I agree Menoh, Yasser did a Good job, thanks to his profession as an Artist and I do believe Diane will do just as well, however, several of my friends who are employees have told me that the working conditions were not the best, because since NICH was created and the employees are no longer public servants, there has been no efforts to institute a pension or insurance plan of any sort.....and some would prefer reverting back to being public servants to ensure a pension when they are ready to retire.......just a little something!

mtb

on the contrary, a pension plan was an idea Yasser had, but the vast majority of NICH employees turned it down ( i have no idea why). I know this because I am a NICH employee. Yasser is one of the reasons I am in Taiwan, and I hope this change does not affect me in any way.

Re: Diane Haylock is qualified to be Prime Minister too!

mellowman said:
Reply: Afterall, it does not take alot to run a little country like Belize... Good ethics, honesty and some knowledge of finance and international policies...

I KNOW MS. JOAN AND ALL HER KIDS, WE ALL WENT TO COROZAL METHODIST PRIMARY SCHOOL, UNDR PRINCIPAL KELLY!

Where is Nicholas????

Here is Diane in a earlier archive Video....

<embed src='http://eyespot.com/flash/medialoader.swf?vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloads.eyespot.com%2Fplay%3Fr%3D03KqeOEbyDs50HiEJW0gIW9m9y' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='432' height='407'></embed>

Congrats to my Cuz like Dj said. See, everything is changing in Belize. Time for new leadership across the board.

Mellow: Nickhas passed. He passed a couple years ago in Bze.

Re: "Diane Haylock is qualified to be Prime Minister too! "

Yes, the Haylock's were one of the early inhabitors of Belize. Pirate origin according to my brother's geneaology research. We should take our rightful place and rule Belize! :bravo

belizean said:

Yes, the Haylock's were one of the early inhabitors of Belize. Pirate origin according to my brother's geneaology research. We should take our rightful place and rule Belize! :bravo

So you da royal creole now?

Diane is very qualified. I was a part of the Youth Leadership Development Program (YLDP) in the 90's which she headed and was a program developed by SPEAR. She did a great job. She was very hands on with everything that was done. I remember sleeping at her house with a bunch of other people from all over the country who came from outdistrict and had not made accomodations to stay in the City. I can attest to her character as a good choice for the position.

Royal Cruffy!!

belizean said:

Definately, Royal Cruffy!! Just hope their "Pirate Origin" doesn't surface now.

i hope she and "clear the land" invest money back into Altun HA, NICH took the entrance fees and never finished the welcome center, there is a building with no roof.

Re: Diane Haylock is qualified to be Prime Minister too!

mellowman said:
Reply: Afterall, it does not take alot to run a little country like Belize... Good ethics, honesty and some knowledge of finance and international policies...

I KNOW MS. JOAN AND ALL HER KIDS, WE ALL WENT TO COROZAL METHODIST PRIMARY SCHOOL, UNDR PRINCIPAL KELLY!

Where is Nicholas????

Here is Diane in a earlier archive Video....

<embed src='http://eyespot.com/flash/medialoader.swf?vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloads.eyespot.com%2Fplay%3Fr%3D03KqeOEbyDs50HiEJW0gIW9m9y' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='432' height='407'></embed>

Is she the one with the beard?

belizean said:

We need fi come off this british bullshit...she is a decendant of some pirate having his way with slaves like every other creole

mahogany sister said:
We need fi come off this british bullshit...she is a decendant of some pirate having his way with slaves like every other creole

Like how Freshdead had his way wit dem corpse.

Congratulations, Miz Haylock. :beerchug

Ah guess now evrybadi will undastan ...why I am a big fan ...of Miz Alison Hinds. :heart

Rest assured , me gat mih tractor license.

:makeout

belizean said:
We should take our rightful place and rule Belize! :bravo

...AHEM...only if duly elected...

(mek ah shet up hahaha before deh cuss mi rass...)

...:drive :drive :drive

:rofl

Back