Belize in Pics Series: The Belize Zoo

[size=large]OCELOT[/size]

b6b1357e.jpg

i'm here trying to figure out how you got some of those shots without the ever-present wire fence...LOL

i have tons of pics from the zoo, but most of them seem to focus on the fence...:D :D

except the monkeys of course...and some of the birds...

...really nice...:peace

sweet_lime said:
i'm here trying to figure out how you got some of those shots without the ever-present wire fence...LOL

i have tons of pics from the zoo, but most of them seem to focus on the fence...:D :D

except the monkeys of course...and some of the birds...

...really nice...:peace

Lucked out and got there when some of the animals were being fed/taken care of, and some of the zoohandlers took some pics, using our camera.

mercury said:
Lucked out and got there when some of the animals were being fed/taken care of, and some of the zoohandlers took some pics, using our camera.

Question, are otters really indigenous to Belize?? never heard about otters in Belize.

garobo

garobo said:
Question, are otters really indigenous to Belize?? never heard about otters in Belize.

garobo

Yes the Neotropical River Otters [aka the 'water dog'] are indigenous to Belize, be them rare these days. The can be found more easily in the Sibun River Watershed, Macal River, and Belize River Valley.

Yo mercury, thanks for the pics mein. You got me really home sick more than ever before. I have to make a trip now. Hopefully early next year.

:peace

mercury said:
Yes the Neotropical River Otters [aka the 'water dog'] are indigenous to Belize, be them rare these days. The can be found more easily in the Sibun River Watershed, Macal River, and Belize River Valley.

Well I'll be darned!! I have heard about water dogs but it never dawned on me that they are otters.

Back