Belize in Pics Series: Monkey River Town

M

mercury

This set will feature the former town of Monkey River (now officially a village but still retains the historic name), nestled on the coastline of northern Toledo.

[size=large]MONKEY RIVER TOWN, TOLEDO[/size]

Maps showing Monkey River Town on the coastline of the Toledo District near the Stann Creek border and on the mouth of the Monkey River.

ToledoDistrict.jpg

SouthernCayes.jpg

I've never been to Monkey River before but I like it already......home of bamboo stick antenna and Karaoke Stars.....Right Mons!!! :D :D :D

Dream Babes said:
I've never been to Monkey River before but I like it already......home of bamboo stick antenna and Karaoke Stars.....Right Mons!!! :D :D :D

If you're talking abt the same karaoke star I'm thinking of, I believe he's from Sittee River in Stann Creek.

mercury said:
If you're talking abt the same karaoke star I'm thinking of, I believe he's from Sittee River in Stann Creek.
Hahahahahah......MY BAD!!! I have to blame it on LONG, LONG Hours of work and less and less Bze.com.....:D :D :D :D

Dream Babes said:
Hahahahahah......MY BAD!!! I have to blame it on LONG, LONG Hours of work and less and less Bze.com.....:D :D :D :D

No gial, dah too much bloody rivers deh down south :D

those are some nice pics, I wouldn't mind going there. I saw a house on stilts there that reminded me of my granny's old house.:heart

Nice pics man! Ah went to Monkey River and up the River to see the howler monkeys. Man they were loud. Had lunch and some beer in the Village. heard-tell a good story about the jail there...

Been there too, couple times....Very nice. Ah love the trip up river..
and then back thru the mangroves to Placencia...Aaahhhh ah miss Belize...

Back