Belize in Pics Series: Halloween in San Pedro

M

mercury

These pics were taken in San Pedro at either the San Pedro Holiday Hotel Halloween Party (adults), during trick-or-treating festivities (kids), or during SAGA Humane Society's Halloween Fundraiser (dogs).

All pics are courtesy tacogirl.

Enjoy :peace

[size=large]SAN PEDRO HOLIDAY HOTEL HALLOWEEN PARTY (1)[/size]

adults1.jpg

adults2.jpg

[size=large]SAN PEDRO HOLIDAY HOTEL HALLOWEEN PARTY (2)[/size]

adults3.jpg

adults4.jpg

[size=large]SAN PEDRO HOLIDAY HOTEL HALLOWEEN PARTY (3)[/size]

adults5.jpg

adults6.jpg

Those pics are so cute. I see it's just like here in the US, even the pets are participating.

I still can't get over Belize does Halloween.

WOW! They do things BIGGER in San Pedro, cause no where else (Belize City and Belmopan) did I see such an extravaganza. Most Belize City folks saw it as an opporunity to BEG MORE and well, their was just a moderate crowd around the Capital.

To be honest, I forgot it was Halloween!! :D :D My poor sons were so mad with, because I worked late and didnot remember to bring home candies...ayeeeee

...and i still can't get over you can't get over belize does halloween....:D :D :D

we had halloween party at school every year...in costume, with prizes for ugliest, prettiest, most original,etc....

we never went trick or treating but latta pickni used to come knocking...LOL...come sih my ma di scramble fi find sweetie fi give weh at the last minute...LOL...cause she figget, just like DB....
:D :D

the most fun times for me were at sixth form... it was more elaborate and competetive...LOL...it's a pity me nuh post pics hahaha cause those were quite a sight...:D :D

I have lived in 4 different places in Belize already, and so far the only two places that take Halloween seriously are San Pedro and Orange Walk.

I can't speak for this year in Orange Walk, but usually the kids go on one massive trick-or-treating. The smaller ones during the day (they contact business establishments and select private homes beforehand) and the bigger kids go out at night. Before the night trick-or-treating, there is a rather large night parade, where everyone (teens and adults) are in costumes and vehicles and floats are decorated with lights and 'scary' decorations. A couple days before Halloween, the local highschools that have their Halloween Fair would parade through the streets of Orange Walk.

In San Pedro, there's no Halloween Parade, but the kids were all over town. I gave bags of assorted candy to over a hundred little kid on behalf of my company (people, possibly local newspapers, were taking pics so no one else wanted to do it lol). It was fun.

sweet_lime said:
...and i still can't get over you can't get over belize does halloween....:D :D :D ..........
What year this started? I bet you most members of the board never heard of halloween whille residing in Belize. Just saying.

The San Pedro pics reminded me of how it's done here. I like the girl in the taxi outfit best. I couldn't get over the pets too, especially since a co-worker brought in the the outfits she bought for her dog. One was $30. Petsmart had a huge party that day, I found it hilarious.

I guess with all the tourists and such San Pedro's got it full blown. Looked like a lot of fun.

Another Belizean said:
What year this started? I bet you most members of the board never heard of halloween whille residing in Belize. Just saying.
:dontknow mee nuh know bout most members...me nuh eeven KNOW di members...hahaha...

anyways, i attended catholic school and we always celebrated halloween...maybe the nuns took back customs/traditions they had been exposed to in their years of training outside belize...:dontknow ....WHAT now...yu wah know weh YEAR ah staat school...?:D :D :D

sweet_lime said:
:dontknow mee nuh know bout most members...me nuh eeven KNOW di members...hahaha...

anyways, i attended catholic school and we always celebrated halloween...maybe the nuns took back customs/traditions they had been exposed to in their years of training outside belize...:dontknow ....WHAT now...yu wah know weh YEAR ah staat school...?:D :D :D

Did you ride your broom to the party cunt?

Back