Belize in Pics Series: Dangriga

M

mercury

I'm gonna be posting pictures of two different locations in Belize each week. This will allow Belizeans abroad to see what Belize looks like lately and to remind those of us here how beautiful Belize really is. I hope you enjoy these.

This week: Dangriga, Stann Creek

Aerial Views of Dangriga

AerialofDangriga3.jpg

AerialofDangriga.jpg

AerialofDangriga4.jpg

AerialofDangriga2.jpg

Dangriga.jpg

Downtown Dangriga

DowntownDangriga3.jpg

DowntownDangriga2.jpg

Dangriga Church

DangrigaChurch.jpg

Drums of Our Fathers Monument

DrumsofourFathersMonument.jpg

DrumsofourFathersMonument2.jpg

Dangriga's Rivers

DangrigaRiverBank2.jpg

DangrigaDusk.jpg

Garifuna Museum Monument

GarifunaMuseum.jpg

Please add to this collection if you have any photos of beautiful Dangriga.

Next Week: Orange Walk Town, Orange Walk and Goff's Caye, Belize District

Great initiative!

Hereby my input:

Dis is the birth of a original Garifuna drum by Austin Rodrigues
in Dangriga

Attachments

• drum1.jpg
    drum1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 3,057
thanks

Thanks to you all for bringing so many beautiful photos of Dangriga.

I wanted to know if there were any literary centers in Dangiga where further research can be made on the history of the Garifuna. Also, whether the library in Dangriga has computers and whether these computers can have educational programs installed on them.

I would also love to visit the Arlie Peters Research Centre, to examine whether Dr. Peter's philosophy can be duplicated in other parts of the country. Thanks.

Thanks for contributing Patrice. Lovely pics :beerchug

I have not been to the Garifuna Museum yet, rockview, but I'm sure they would have some information on the History of the Garifuna.

If I'm not mistaken, all government libraries do have computers visitors can access. Not sure in what condition they are in, though. I'm sure someone here with more knowledge can chime in.

situation

I had wanted to know the situation of those computers (Windows XP, Me, 2000 etc) I plan to install educational software on them.

Re: situation

rockview said:
............whether the library in Dangriga has computers and whether these computers can have educational programs installed on them.

..........I had wanted to know the situation of those computers (Windows XP, Me, 2000 etc) I plan to install educational software on them.
:thinking maybe it's me, or there's missing pieces to this, but you're not making any sense.

This is what I mean........Aren't you in Belize? You don't have a phone? Don't Belize have a phonebook (even online)? :thinking

Re: Re: situation

Another Belizean said:
:thinking maybe it's me, or there's missing pieces to this, but you're not making any sense.

This is what I mean........Aren't you in Belize? You don't have a phone? Don't Belize have a phonebook (even online)? :thinking
:coffee AYeeeee...Remember who's writing and from where, girl.........He doesn't have all of it, so please excuse him....:rofl :rofl

bemetu,:thinking isn't that one of y(our) family's business in one of the shots including that road that leads to the sea/one of the other houses?

griga also looks like a nice place ,i only visit it once befo in my teens,I will def make it a part of mi next trip home ,learn mo about the kulcha first hand.lovely pixs,merc!

I love griga.. it is a beautiful place and u find lotta nice food too hehehe. Bzn_qn1 next time u come we gwen pon wah road trip and pic up DB pon the way. Just mek sure unnu pee pee before unnu lef :D :D :D

Nice pics pat and mercury!

wi wahn definately do that .cause mi love road trips:D mek sure yo have disposable patty and erything:D :D :beerchug :party

bzn-qn1 said:
wi wahn definately do that .cause mi love road trips:D mek sure yo have disposable patty and erything:D :D :beerchug :party

:D :D :D Adult pampers for those with weak bladers lol:D :D

monwa said:
:D :D :D Adult pampers for those with weak bladers lol:D :D
Well I couldn't hang with you all then. My bladder weak weak. I feel like pee even when I don't have to. :drive :drive

Back