Belize City

missbzearth.jpg

Miss Earth 2007 Pageant
Manila, Philippines
November 11, 2007

[size=large]eMiss Interviews Miss Belize Earth 2007 - Leilah Pandy[/size]

04mini.jpg

INTERVIEW

1. Which of the elements (Fire, Water, Air, Earth) suits best to your character and why?
Leilah Pandy: I believe that I am more like Earth because I can be fierce when I need to be (fire), refreshing and original when necessary (water), and soft and calming in the most delicate or demanding of circumstances (air). Earth encompasses all these elements in an equilibrium that shifts sometimes but that is always dependable.

2. How important for you the beauty pageants are?
LP: Many women around the world struggle with self esteem issues. I think when there is a beauty ambassador that they can relate to, it makes it easier for these women to find peace and acceptance of who they are. My involvement in beauty pageants since 2003 has opened the door to more meaningful interactions with young ladies of all ages and varied nationalities. Pageants have been very important to my continued development, growth and self confidence.

How much time do you spend for preparations?
LP: In preparation for a prestigious pageant like Miss Earth there is the mental, physical, and spiritual balance that are all crucial. To be ready for this competition, I have spent months training in all aspect for this competition including hard work in the gym which I love by the way.

Do you consider the contests as an adventure, fun, or as a chance for fame?
LP: I always approach any competition as an adventure but with much responsibilitie and with many obstacles to overcome. In adventures, one's destiny is never known and I fancy the element of surprise - especially if I am the one being surprised!

3. Which ethical values, that seem to disappear in the modern world, are the most important for you?
LP: I think that so much of society today has lost its ability to empathize. To lose emotion and isolate one's self from another's obvious pain, is unnerving. It is for this reason that helping those in need is most important to me. How can I expect the world to get better if I turn my back on my neighbor?

4. What do you think about your chances in Miss Earth 2007 contest?
LP: After two years of wanting to represent Belize at the Miss Earth pageant, I am honored that I will get the chance to do so. I feel that both my confidence and humility will help me to give the best performance of my pageant career. I feel my chances are excellent.

Do you think you would be a good Miss Earth?
LP: Yes. I know I would be a great Miss Earth.

5. As we know, the Miss Earth contest propagates ecological way of living. How the nature - the symbol of life and development - is important for you?
LP: Nature is our central force. How well we live and how long we live, is entirely dependent on Mother Nature and her state of balance. For me to ignore this is unwise. I should do what I can to maintain the integrity of our natural resources.

Link: http://emiss.glt.pl/

Hey mercury, thanks for posting the pics of all these gorgeous Belizean women,especially those of the sweet Belizean girl, Miss Leesha Arzu. :heart

:cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead :cheerlead

zpania said:
Hey mercury, thanks for posting the pics of all these gorgeous Belizean women,especially those of the sweet Belizean girl, Miss Leesha Arzu. :heart

You're welcome. I was beginning to wonder if anyone cared about this thread :beerchug

mercury said:
You're welcome. I was beginning to wonder if anyone cared about this thread :beerchug

I know what you mean.I can understand the female members not being too excited about the thread, but for the male members to withhold comment,well - it's a downright disgrace,I tell ya. :mad:

MERCURY: I heard on KREM WUB Morning SHow that Leilah is doing very well in the Miss Earth Pageant. You have any update?

Dream Babes said:
MERCURY: I heard on KREM WUB Morning SHow that Leilah is doing very well in the Miss Earth Pageant. You have any update?

Last week she was named one of top 5 Environmentalist Delegates. That was also part of Evening Gown preliminaries. Miss Venezuela and Miss Canada received top honors for that.

Couple nights ago she participated in the preliminary Talent Competition. She performed a modern interpretive dance (will post pic when i'm done with this post) to a song from Belizean Legend Paul Nabor, "Naguya Nei", as performed by the Orchestra de la Papaya.

2 nights ago was her interview. That will help determine whether she makes top 16.

She has been praised by pageant experts for her physique (although many don't think she has the facial beauty to win), for her involvement locally in conservation activities and outreach, for her vocal expression, and her confidence.

Many project her to be in top 16. Although it was the same with Maria Jeffery at Miss Universe, Dalila Vanzie at Miss World (2003), and Leilah Pandy when she was at Miss Universe in 2004. Many pageants look at the sash (big name countries, usual winners, etc), let's see if Belize will get a break at their first Miss Earth Pageant.

[size=large]MISS BELIZE EARTH 2007[/size]
LEILAH PANDY
Belize City

missbzearth.jpg

Miss Earth 2007 Pageant
Manila, Philippines
November 11, 2007

[size=large]Miss Belize Earth - Leilah Pandy, Performing Modern Interpretive Dance As Her Talent At Miss Earth 2007[/size]

msbztalent.jpg

mercury said:
She has been praised by pageant experts for her physique (although many don't think she has the facial beauty to win), for her involvement locally in conservation activities and outreach, for her vocal expression, and her confidence.
THANKS Mercury! I like Leilah. And I do think she has really nice facial structure and is a pretty Belizean woman. I know she recently received her Bachelor's Degree in Natural Resource Management from UB, so she is certainly a good Ambassador to represent Belize......BEST OF LUCK TO HER!!!!

mercury said:
Last week she was named one of top 5 Environmentalist Delegates. That was also part of Evening Gown preliminaries. Miss Venezuela and Miss Canada received top honors for that.

Couple nights ago she participated in the preliminary Talent Competition. She performed a modern interpretive dance (will post pic when i'm done with this post) to a song from Belizean Legend Paul Nabor, "Naguya Nei", as performed by the Orchestra de la Papaya.

2 nights ago was her interview. That will help determine whether she makes top 16.

Many project her to be in top 16. Although it was the same with Maria Jeffery at Miss Universe, Dalila Vanzie at Miss World (2003), and Leilah Pandy when she was at Miss Universe in 2004. Many pageants look at the sash (big name countries, usual winners, etc), let's see if Belize will get a break at their first Miss Earth Pageant.

I would love to see that dance that she performed, the version of Naguya nei by orchestra de la papaya sounds good. She poses well, I thought the same thing about her facial beauty, not that i think she's unattractive but I know she wouldn't fit into that international standard.

rass she flexable LOL...... Bemetu u have to try that deh position :D

Best of luck to Ms Pandy

Leilah has been receiving rave reviews for her evening gown in the preliminary competition. A few have placed her as one of the top 2 black delegates in this year's competition (along with Miss Zimbabwe) and in top 6 over all. Here is Leilah in evening gown (posting it again) and a few select others. Miss Venezuela and Miss Canada received top evening gown honors in preliminaries.

MISS BELIZE

new7.jpg

MISS ZIMBABWE

zimbabwe.jpg

MISS CANADA

1876713433_90db2d54c2.jpg

MISS VENEZUELA

1876716469_261f8bb23e.jpg

MISS USA

1876716297_668ada93ec.jpg

MISS VIETNAM

1877539502_7aa01a4865.jpg

MISS PHILIPPINES

philippines.jpg

MISS JAPAN

japan.jpg

MISS CHINA

china.jpg

MISS BAHAMAS

bahamas.jpg

The coronation night is this Sunday. Things are getting exciting :beerchug

LEILAH PANDY
Belize City

missbzearth.jpg

Miss Earth 2007 Pageant
Manila, Philippines
November 11, 2007

[size=large]LEILAH PANDY IN NAT'L COSTUME AT MISS EARTH 2007[/size]

costume.jpg

Dream Babes said:
:shhh National Costume???????? :shhh

Trust me, hers was among the best (although she didn't win). Many other delegates just showed up in an evening gown in their country's colors and no accessories, nothing, nada. Nothing close to costume.

LEILAH PANDY
Belize City

missbzearth.jpg

Miss Earth 2007 Pageant
Manila, Philippines
November 11, 2007

[size=large]LEILAH PANDY AT MISS EARTH 2007[/size]

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg