Belize has a dirty, dirty little secret. They don’t like black people in Belize

I had a friend in school who

Whenever anyone contradicted him, he would try to beat you up or get the whole class against you. That was in primary school.
Let's grow up folks. :mad:

Surfa, by the way how do I send money to you. You say the least but you appear to be one of the most intelligent men on this board. I must say I am enjoying your board. :beerchug

Re: Re: Rule # 1 dont read what you dont like!

BoricuaQueen said:
Ha ha ha ha! Your stupid illiterate a** just can't resist. You don't know how stupid you just made yourself look. You talk about "attention denied". Ha ha ha ha,
You posted just in response to me, jackhole! ha ha ha ha! Not one, not two but a whopping THREE times. I'm done chewing you up and spitting you back out. Move on and grow up. No, go back to school and do something with yourself.

I believe it BZSurfer who owns this forum, not you. So stop play policeman. hah ha ha ha ha!

MY COMMENT: Mellow did undergrad work (and if I remember correctly), actually has a BA or BS in something or the other. He went to some University/College in Texas.

BelMan

I work with "kept man"

When he came to me to ask a "favor" to write a paper for him, I decided against my better judgement to. What he submitted to me was a bunch of crap. I redid it for him and he got an A. He nows holds a degree. But I wouldn't say he was intelligent, he used someone else's smarts. Also, he says that he doesn't go with anyone who can't "keep" him. I told him he is a gigolo. By the way this guy is from Jamaica.

I don't think Mellow is like that. He seems to have some intelligence but a lot of prejudices. Mellow is what I call having a "prejudice black man syndrome". They want to date yellow girls because they hate their own blackness. "Pretty" to them means being yellow. :beerchug

I know he is going to throw me in a ravine for this one but.....who cares?

mellowman no mean he is a kind hearted person but he like to get carried away at times ......come ya babes....come mek a give yu a hug:makeout

margaret.. ahmm....no disturbance please
00000033.gif

I must confess that I do not have the time to check out this Forum as often as I would like. However after I read the Editorial in the Amandala I figured that someone would bring it up on this board. Tonight I read all seven pages and what was suposed to be a discussion of the Amandala editorial appears to have become a free for all to see how low can we go in insulting each other. A little bit of fun is good at times, but as my Grandma used to say 'all play and no work makes Johnny a dull boy'.

My friends, especially those Belizeans on this Board, our country is going to hell. Have you read or heard about the recent BTL sellout? Everything that was once in the hands of Belizeans is being "privatized" to the highest foreign "crook", the Govt. Printers, the Port, the Airport, Electricity Board, the Water Board.

As Belizeans we all know that there is pseudo discrimination in Belize. Now why can't we intelligently discuss the issues raised in the editorial? I say pseudo discrimination, because Belize does not have that many white people so we have white/ black issues as in the US. In Belize we are talking about different shades of brown. Its also a fact that the government especially one of the political parties does not really want any more Black people in Belize so we will not see any Haitian refugees in Belize anytime soon. "reason dem wan all be Black". Now if the problem was in Honduras or one of the other Central American countries, no problema, "dem cud come in". Is there a reason for this? You bet, and I call it ethnic purification, we will not get to the stage of ethnic clensing as in some other countries. There is no need for the latter, just let our Latin paisanos trickle across the boarder, live in Belize and get citizenship. Eventually de Black creole dem wan come da states, and we will have all the type of people whom the Guatemalans love so that when they take over the country, they will all be the same. Think about this folks, we are losing our country "lee bit by lee bit". Have fun on this board, but also think about the important issues and Belizeans let us do something about the problems facing our country.

The sky is not falling , yet, but don't wait until that happens because then it will be too late.

first, kriol1, welcome back.

second, what do you propose people do about this situation you express concern about?

third, i disagree that [black] belizeans are "losing" their country. look at your post and imagine it said by an white American from Jackson, Mississippi. many Belizeans residing in the US and who read this board would find it to be racist, immigrant bashing.

look back 600 years ago, the land we call Belize was all indian, what we now call Maya. suddenly 400 years ago, it became majority black, a result of african slaves imported mostly from Jamaica [we were such low priority to the Brits we didn't even get our slaves directly from Africa]. Now, you're seeing a majority of mestizos/latinos, as a result of immigration from Central America.

black belizeans are willingly leaving Belize to search for better opportunities in America, just like white Belizeans [British expats] left 50 years ago. no one's forcing anyone to leave [by using terminology like "losing our country" you seem to suggest there's an unwillingness on the part of those leaving].

it's part of the Bright Lights, Big City syndrome, where people in small places like Belize try to make it in the Big Land of opportunity nearby.

Belizeans born in Belize, who speak English and have education opportunities in the city, have every advantage over those newcomers, who are mostly peasants, speak only Spanish and tend to do jobs native born Belizeans don't want to do. We native born Belizeans just have to grab those opportunities, we can't sit and wait for things to be handed to us.

And we certainly can't blame immigrants for taking things that we, obviously either didn't want or were to lazy to grab.

I musy say Belizisimo, that i tend to agree with you on your response to Kriol1. First of all, we as belizeans have got to come to our sense's and realize that we are not 'losing' our belize to anyone, in fact what is happening is that we are the ones 'giving it up' as we choose to migrate to the USA willingly. If one were to conduct a survey as to who holds the 'good jobs' back home, we would see that the 'creole' belizeans over the years have asserted themselves into the more influential govt/private sector jobs, and not the immigrants from Central America as kriol1 would like others to believe. In fact they are into peddling goods and other jobs as you rightly said, that we belizeans would not normally want to do. Look at ourselves in a different light now, we come to the USA as immigrants in the first instance, some illegal just like our central american latinos or paisanos, hence we should not discriminate. I am sure that some belizeans have come to the USA and have done jobs which they would have considered 'demeaning' at home. If I could only get my hands on some of the statistics from the US Immigration, I am sure that it would reflect that the majority of belizeans who have migrated here are 'blacks', and that this exodus commenced from early 1960,s, at a time when we did not even have the central american refugees to worry about. In fact in those days their economies were stronger than Belize's.

As for those who shoot a lot of **** on the board, talking about what is happening back home politically and businesswise, I would like to see who are seriously considering 'going back home' and trying to make a positive contribution, and I dont mean in the next 10 or 50 years.

Put up or shut up!

Merciless:blast

EXHIBIT A in maddarass:

REPLY; Nicely said kriole.....
There are a few individuals here, who will always challenge you, on issues pertaining to Belize not accepting Hatians or other Blacks.
There are Many Belizeans whom are "mixed-up" . Some right here at this site will act as if though they can speak for us Creole's, but i can tell these Creole haters and traitors that when the *****i hits the fan that will be the first to be shot!

These types of individuals are anti_belize!

-------

The post quoted above is exactly the type of victimhood, woe-is-me, type bull**** that i'm talking about. the Amandala editorial above, and the post above, da lone rass. and you know why? because the premise is false. native born Belizeans are NOT victims, unless we choose to make ourselves one. no one is taking our country or anything away from us.

we have much better access to opportunities as native born Belizeans, with language skills, and schools in the city, etc. than any peasant immigrant from El Salvador who lives in Salvapan with pit latrines and dirt roads.

on the matter of taking in haitians, which kriol 1 talks about, i would say that Belize should have a humane immigration policy, that accepts a certain number of not only haitians, but cubans also, who are fleeing horrible conditions back home.

but we should make sure the UN and other international donors help Belize take care of any newcomers. the UN dumped thousands of Central Americans in Belize in the 1980s and then picked up and left, without helping Belize make the necessary improvements in education and health care needed to care for that many new arrivals. that should not happen again.

I think some of us are looking at a generalization in a very extreme fashion.. ..

Immigrants will always do jobs that Belizeans typically will not want, but, at the same time, some jobs that Belizeans use to do have been taken away. In Belmopan, I remember Belizeans chopping yard to earn an extra buck, the immigrants came in a drove those prices down hence a Belizeans paying rent - not living in free tatch in Salvapan - could not compete... Are Belizeans expected to live in tatch just to compete with Central Americans???

baldhead said:
I think some of us are looking at a generalization in a very extreme fashion.. ..

Immigrants will always do jobs that Belizeans typically will not want, but, at the same time, some jobs that Belizeans use to do have been taken away. In Belmopan, I remember Belizeans chopping yard to earn an extra buck, the immigrants came in a drove those prices down hence a Belizeans paying rent - not living in free tatch in Salvapan - could not compete... Are Belizeans expected to live in tatch just to compete with Central Americans???

Wouldn't you agree that the immigration situation that drove down prices in Belize are somewhat similar here in the USA? Put us in the shoe of the 'salvas' immigrants. Or better yet, look at the hatred that has developed in places like LA and New York towards immigrants 'taking away their jobs"!

Merciless:blast

Every country has its immigrants of all race and color....you can't blame people for wanting a better life...and even though belizeans are poor..there are still poorer people in the world....all of us over here are immigrants also...who's job's are we taking? I 'll tell you what...I know for a fact that my money and your money is paying for the ones who don't have a job and don't want to work and then some....

Perhaps immigrants in general would bring down wages in the U.S., but that is not a result of Belizeans... they are only a drop in the bucket...

Further, to add to my previous comment, the flip side of that discussion is: Why are so many Belizeans in the USA. Well, for the most part many professional civil servants left for political reasons in the 60's and 70's. Cacho from the Ministry of Finance, McCain from Finance, just to mention a few. However, the US still had more opportunities than Belize and many people left to take advantage of that.

But, today, many of us are not here because of will.. rather, in spite of the resiliance of our forefathers, our leaders have raped our resources and stolen our opportunities that should have been made available to us. Today, we witness that in the most blatant of fashion.. in the early days it was more subtle.

Look at BTL, a few years ago Belizeans owned a majority of the company - its now in foreign hands. The Tourist Village that is the centerpiece of the dynamic cruise tourism - again hijacked by the political leaders and now in foreign hands. Just two examples and we can see the huge opportunities that these two entities could have generated for the masses of Belizeans....

So, it is not so much that Belize is short of opportunities, but rather, that these opportunities are not open to the ordinary Belize - that is whether you are PUP or UDP. The chosen few in the PUP leadership control the economic wealth - which should rightfully been for ALL of us.

So, yes, while many Belize have come to the U.S. looking for better opportunities, we must not forget why we had to come in the first place... the political leadership simply stole the legacy of our forefathers and indirectly chased us here.....hence, I don't have any problem with the refugees in Belize.. ...

Back