Belize has a dirty, dirty little secret. They don’t like black people in Belize

Guys, it is true that some of us call ourselves white

And who cares? Not a soul. Whether or not you want to call yourself white, black, green or yellow we have to live with each other.

Respectfully speaking, Mellow you shouldn't talk. Since you have had several white girlfriends then you may have a little halfa out there yourself.

Who cares, he or she is probably the most gorgeous little thing.

Are we not beautiful anyway? No matter what color we are, we are still beautiful. :beerchug :heart

RE: "The old people of "BELIZE" HAD A SAYING" better yo race.... "

And remember this one: "Uplift yuh color" ?

Whatever makes you all feel good.

The joy of life is accepting yourself for who you are. Can I tell you a secret? When you have everything handed to you and you make it in the world, that's nothing much you have accomplished. However, when everything is against you and you make it in the world, that is a GREAT accomplishment.

I am a beautiful black woman with indian and spanish, chinese heritage. When you see me, you see a beautiful black woman. I would have to tell you I am filled with the rest but I can look indian or garifuna (depends on how I feel the day).

When I was in Belize we used to be prejudiced against the garifuna. When I came to the States I found there were lots of people who look like the garifuna here. I realized that we all came from the wonderful land of Africa and from many tribes of Kings and Queens. I knew then that the white man's plot had failed in the States but had won over in Belize where blacks were prejudiced against blacks. In the STATES if you have a little inch of black blood in you, they call you black.

The reason why white people have more than blacks is because they used the sweat and blood of blacks to reach where they are. I have no problem with that because I have inside information. I don't grudge them their money, I feel sorry for them for the paybacks that I see throughout my travels.

As a man or woman thinks of themselves, that is who they will be. If you have no vision of better, then you will blame others for your misfortune. I want to tell you that until someone comes along and show you, you too can own your own mansion and you too can overachieve, you will never do it.

The young girls began to show their belly buttons and their backsides because they see it done in Hollywood. Had there not been a role model to do so, they would not do it. What they don't know is--that will get you a one-night stand quickly, but it will not cause a man to put a big rock on your finger and make you his wife.

The old ignorant people were wrong when they said "better yo race"

You are unique in yourself. It's up to you to better yourself with the talents and gifts that God gave you from birth. What the old people were saying is that because my hair is not straight, my nose flat and my skin dark, I should try to marry somebody white so that my children would not be such a reproach!

Foolishness and Ignorance gone to seed! I am beautiful in myself and I become more so when I accept myself as who I am and who God made me. Every rose is beautiful but not every rose is red. I am fearfully and wonderfully made and Baby there will never be one like me because when God made me, He broke the mold.

I may not be what you in your ignorance and prejudice might call "beautiful" but I think I am and that's what matters. Confidence in me and what I have to offer.

:bravo :bravo :bravo

YOU GO GIRL MARGARET!!!!....I GOT NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YOU GIRL!! YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!

Re: Whatever makes you all feel good.

margaret said:
The joy of life is accepting yourself for who you are. Can I tell you a secret? When you have everything handed to you and you make it in the world, that's nothing much you have accomplished. However, when everything is against you and you make it in the world, that is a GREAT accomplishment.

I am a beautiful black woman with indian and spanish, chinese heritage. When you see me, you see a beautiful black woman. I would have to tell you I am filled with the rest but I can look indian or garifuna (depends on how I feel the day).

When I was in Belize we used to be prejudiced against the garifuna. When I came to the States I found there were lots of people who look like the garifuna here.

Margaret you said a lot of meaningful things however I really don't understand when people say somebody looks Garifuna:rolleyes: I've said before that I'm Garifuna and I can't see a phenotypic distinction between us and other black people, we come in different shades, sizes etc........I believe that there is some truth to what the article stated, people always want to make Belize look like some beautiful melting pot, when that's not true. Everyone got on that guy I think his name was Pato, when there is some truth to what he said. Let me go look at it again and then I'll add. Here it is:
Pato:" Ibelieve Belizeans are of a weak culture and have no backbone.
Compared to other cultures, We are at the bottom of the barrel. Belizeans will never step to the forefront to defend each other, much less their country"
Now I don't agree with all of it but I do agree with some. When I first joined this board and certain members were insulting and degrading the Garifuna people, hardly anybody took a stance and said that it was wrong.
So I do believe that Belize has it's fair share of racial problems, however I believe that it's common place and one of the horrible legacies of slavery.

I was referring to my cheekbones, Empress

That's what Belizeans used to identify garifuna people by. I want to tell you about an incident I experienced. I went to a club filled with Belizeans and they were very cold towards me until I told them my last name, then they grew very warm towards me. This was in the States. I had gone to perform. I thought Belizeans had gotten past their old prejudices. But some have not. Really sad.

You would think being in the States would open their eyes and they would see that black is black.

I was raised here in Los Angeles, and let me tell you that prejudice against Garifuna people is alive and well. It's a real shame.

Empress, you're right about the fact we should be ashamed for not stepping in and speaking out when we see racist language on the board. i am guilty of that. i know exactly the instance of which you speak. i believe it was just a nasty spat between two people that got out of control.

and i gotta tell you some times, you read stuff on here and you kind of make a decision not to speak up because you tyad a fight wid pipple.

but you make a good point. when we don't speak up, some people will interpret it to be tacit endorsement of the worst of the worst words.

well if it make any of you feel better, i have two very lovely Garifuna friends....they are the sweetest and i am certainly sure everyone here is as well...

Some people would take offence to that comment CG

It sounds like, "I'm okay because I have accept people like you", as if I am different from the normal.

The sweetest thing about knowledge is that it elminates ignorance. Do you know that some white people won't get in a pool after a black person has entered it.

I was told about the little white girl who was trying to wipe the dirty black man off because she considered his skin dirty.

Do you know that you came from a black person? Try to mix 2 white paints and see what you get. But mix black with any color and you will get other colors.

Me, as I said, whether or not people accept me as I am, I love being me. And the same thing whites have through taking advantage of others and calling others "minority", I got through talents that they want and will pay for. When I go to bed, whoever I look like, I sleep peacefully knowing I have done my part in making the world a better place to live in.

So for the few Belizeans who are still caught up in the white man's separate and divide world, more power to you!
:beerchug

It's good to be Will Smith, Jada Pinkett, Madonna!

But it's better to be me! How about that for a beautiful black woman:beerchug

Don't let other people's opinions and ignorance stop you from reaching your goals in life. It shows how insecure and petty they really are. :heart

well i guess we all take different things offensive. sorry about that...

OHhhhhhh Pleassssssssse.....I don't respond to a quarrel between two people because I understand it's a belize quarrel and anything goes and whatever is said doesn't necessarily mean that its true...its just a sling of words and it only matters if you take it personally....I can't believe that any of us here on this board is a perfect goody two/shoes....we all say things...I don't think anything should be taken out of a quarrel and criticized.....I prefer to leave it to the two contenders to best one another....so what? a quarrel is self contained within itself....there are those who quarrel and there are those who don't...if you don't then let the others do their thing....its a free world......don't read the quarrel if it offends you....personally I find a belize quarrel very entertaining and thats my perogative....most true belizean understand all the above....

As for racism and prejudice.....who has time to dwell on that kinda rass? I don't deny it doesn't exist...but I'm certainy not going to waste time with it.....I'm too busy going about my business doing what comes natural to me and living my life to the fullest and not one SOB is going to tell me different.......

As for racism and prejudice.....who has time to dwell on that kinda rass? I don't deny it doesn't exist...but I'm certainy not going to waste time with it.....I'm too busy going about my business doing what comes natural to me and living my life to the fullest and not one SOB is going to tell me different.......
well said MR!:beerchug

Oxtails, stewbeans and rice and plaintains

That's what I am cooking right now everyone. What else goes with that? I haven't cooked in months. I just felt the urge to cook my own thing. :heart

Should I put a salad or what?

yu no need noting else.......dat good just like dat......potato salad is additional calorie you can do without(i am not saying that yu fat yunno )

hahahah GB...anyways wa lil cucumba salad wid green onion and celantro and lil chopp tomatoe wud go good wid da gial......

Thanks ladies for the advice. I took MS suggestion though

I am going healthy! You are the greatest! :heart

I've finished cooking. I sampled my own food and it tastes good. Now I will get a nice bottle of wine, set the table, take a bubble bath and put on some sexy music and a sexy nightie and I am ready to play whooooooopie! :party

See you all later! Be sure to think about me because I am going to mellowwwwwwwww way down!

Love you all:beerchug :smoke

Gial! yu wa eat inna yu nitie? ...chu, put on wa sexy dress, high heels and latta makeup and do yu hair tek it fram dey......or put on some soft leather and high heeled boots and crack di whip as he is entering the room hahhahahahhahahahhaha

Back