PDA

View Full Version : How to download a tv show you missed

belizean
03-29-2008, 01:12 PM
I've been watching Prison Break lately on DVD because a friend had Season 1 and 2. Now I'm up to season 3, but it's already been aired so I can either wait for the DVD to be released or download it. Here's how to download your favorite show if you missed it.

1) First you'll need a program to download the show. The easiest to use, and best program for this is "VUZE by Azureus". Download Vuze here. (http://www.oldapps.com/download.php?oldappsid=Azureus_3.0.5.0_windows.exe ) Install the program.

2) Next you'll have to search for your show. Go to www.piratebay.org and search for your show. Example: Prison Break You will season many links to choose the Season and show number you want. Click on the link and the VUZE program will automatically start the download You can either watch the program on your PC or burn to a DVD to watch on your regular TV.

sweet_lime
03-29-2008, 06:15 PM
...pirate...?

...is this legal...?

:drive :D

Mosquitorose
03-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by sweet_lime
...pirate...?

...is this legal...?

:drive :D

who cares? hahahahahahha gamma!!

Mosquitorose
03-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Ok, I did all that...now it looks like it's downloading....how lang eh tek?

Where does it put the movie? It didn't ask me anything....

belizean
03-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Re: Pirate? Is this legal?

Those who know, don't tell....those who tell, don't know.

Rosy,

After you click on the link you want to download on piratebay, click on "Open", not "Save". This will cause Vuze to automatically start the download. It will save in a folder under My Documents, called Azureus downloads.

How to burn?

ISO instructions:
If you downloaded an "iso" file, then this can be burned straight to DVD. Open up Nero Burning Rom, click on the ISO tab, make sure DVD is chosen at the left, not CD. Click "OPEN" at the bottom and open up the iso file you downloaded in the Azureus download folder and it will burn the movie for viewing on a regular DVD player.

Some files are saved as Video_TS files (ifo and ibo):
These can be viewed in a player like WinDVD, Media Player, Real Player, etc. But if you'd like to burn these on a DVD, then open up DVD Shrink.

Download DVD Shrink here. (http://www.belizeans.com/files/dvdshrink.zip)

Open up DVD Shrink, click on "Open File"....go to your Azureus download folder and open up the Video_TS file. Click on "Back Up" and it will load the file and ask you to insert a DVD to burn the movie.

How long does it take? It depends on your internet connection speed. I have FIOS, so a one hour tv show takes about 90 minutes to two hours.

Mosquitorose
03-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks bwai, I downloaded one of the pirated of the carribbean movies and it's like 7gbs....anyway, I went to bed so I don't know how long it took. It won't open the files tho and I;m readly to delete the whole maddarass lol....

belizean
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
yeah, movies are too big to mess with. Rent those if needed. TV shows are smaller and are great to download if you missed an episode.

bzegirl
03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Rosy only like mix things up. :D The man said tv shows she's going to download movies. ayeee:D

Mosquitorose
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bzegirl
Rosy only like mix things up. :D The man said tv shows she's going to download movies. ayeee:D

Gial, I always go for the big fish...hahahahah

stephygee
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Mosquitorose
It won't open the files tho and I;m readly to delete the whole maddarass lol....

Chances are, it's in .avi format and you'll need Klite codecs to view the movies.

You can download the codecs here (http://www.stephygee.com/klite.exe)

Mosquitorose
04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks Stefee, you're a sweetie but ah done delete it....it's much easier to rent it for 1.00 and burn a copy....